Sleepless nights and kangaroos

Our Happy Ending

 

 Kyungsoo and Jongin let time pass naturally getting used to the fact that they were together again. They took one day at a time letting everything melt in. Sometimes Jongin woke up early in the morning watching Kyungsoo sleep just to insure himself that Kyungsoo was still there.

 

And he was.

 

 Some nights he didn’t fall asleep at all. He just stayed up watching Kyungsoo sleeping so peacefully. Because every time Jongin looked away he was afraid that someone would come and snatch Kyungsoo away again. And he wouldn’t allow that to happen. Jongin used to tell Kyungsoo about his fear of losing him again making him laugh and say that no one would snatch him away .It was more likely for Jongin to leave since Kyungsoo himself thought his cooking wasn’t what it used to be. (During the 4 years he spent living in America his parents did all the cooking) But still Jongin wasn’t able to fully relax and always kept a guarding eye over Kyungsoo. Jongin knew how it felt being alone and worse being without Kyungsoo. So even though Kyungsoo laughed at his remark he himself still wasn’t able to laugh with him since this was really Jongin’s biggest fear.  

 

You could say Jongin was paranoid because he didn’t have anything to worry about, really. Kyungsoo was here to stay and he had moved in with Jongin, but still. The feeling of not being able to keep this up forever always managed to creep onto Jongin which made him very uncomfortable. Or rather scared and insecure. Since the thought “What if?” always remained. No matter how many times Kyungsoo talked, smiled, hugged or kissed him he still felt as if something always could go wrong. His happy bubble could pop any time and then all of this would be gone. Everything he thought he had gotten back again would disappear in the blink of an eye and there was nothing he could do about it.

The thought “What if?” was the one scaring Jongin keeping him awake at nights and keeping his mind busy being concerned.

 

 

 

 

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo spoke softly as they were lying next to each other. Kyungsoo was staring blankly at the ceiling while Jongin was busy gazing at Kyungsoo’s face like he would never see it again.

“Yeah” Jongin answered just as softly as Kyungsoo had spoken his name.

“Do you think this could last forever?”

“I know it will”

Kyungsoo turned to face Jongin instead of the empty ceiling with a shy smile.

“How can you be so sure?” a tiny bit of concern could be heard in Kyungsoo’s voice as his eyes stared straight into Jongin’s looking for affirmation.

“I just know it.” Jongin answered taking Kyungsoo’s hands in his giving him a smile.

Kyungsoo smiles back and crawls a little bit closer resting his cheek rest against Jongin’s chest letting out a little laughter or maybe a sob.

“Hey what’s the matter? You’re the one who’s telling me not to worry so why are you?” Jongin asks pulling Kyungsoo even closer.

“I’m just a bit scared, that’s all” Kyungsoo answers as he closes his eyes.

“Don’t be”

Kyungsoo smiles and lets himself fall asleep to the sound of Jongin’s heartbeat.

 

 

 

The next day the traces of the anxious Kyungsoo is long gone and he’s back to smiles and laughter. Seeing the relaxed Kyungsoo makes Jongin feel relieved.

“Jongin do you got anything special planned for today?” Kyungsoo asks.

“No, how come?”

“What do you say about going to the zoo? I’ve heard that they’ve gotten a baby kangaroo!” Kyungsoo said sounding excited.

“Sure” Jongin answered with a smile.

“Really? Wooah, this is going to be so much fun! And we’re going to get to see a baby kangaroo!” Kyungsoo said with sparkling eyes and a huge smile covering his face.

 

Jongin couldn’t help but let his smile grow even bigger looking at the older male in front of him getting all worked up over some baby kangaroo.

Guess the years apart only made Kyungsoo grow younger instead of older. He looked like a little child at Christmas but Jongin didn’t mind. A happy Kyungsoo was the best one and he would like him to stay like this forever. Not sheading another tear and only give off smiles without sorrow.

 

“Well I’ll prepare breakfast and then we can leave!” Kyungsoo said as he rushed to the kitchen humming on a happy tune with a smile on his face.

Yep.

This was definitely the best Kyungsoo.