Chapter 76.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 28/12/12


(Your POV)

You were looking at the laptop in shock. Not sure if it was a dream or not. Just as you flipped open the laptop, it hit you, it wasn't a dream. You switched on the laptop, which was a white apple notebook. Just as it switched on, the wallpaper was a photo of you and Taemin. Not wondering how it was already set like that , you didn't mind because it was pretty nice. You connected the laptop to the wi-fi and went to google your name.

You already had an official wikipedia page of yourself with a slight biography about yourself. You signed up for Twitter since your friend told you to. You followed your friends , and a few other idols from SMTown that had Twitter. You tweeted a few random things that were "Annyeong ! ^^ _______ has twitter now! Follow me." along with a selca of yourself as hard proof that it was really you and not other posers.

You googled your song and there were a lot of websites with lyrics of your song. Even on Youtube there were lyrics videos with a few versions. Romanized , Hangul and English translation videos. You used to see this for 2PM and Miss A , and also Wonder Girls but this time , it's happening to you.

Looking at the google searches with your name on it, there was one related with Taemin. You clicked on it and the website was "allkpop-goodies.com"

Reading the headline it was written "Taemin's new girlfriend ? TO replace his ex-girlfriend?"

You kept on reading the article .

"Lee Taemin, SHINee's maknae . As we all know he had a  girlfriend for two years back then. Now he's back with a new girlfriend. Are we the only people that thinks she reminds us of his previous girlfriend ? Sure she's sweet and everything guys want in a girlfriend , but is he only liking her because she reminds him of his previous girlfriend? Although , we support this couple fully ! We think it's cute. Especially since that kissing photo of her and Taemin has been going around everywhere on social medias, just that we find it a little fishy he keeps going after girls that are similar to his previous girlfriend. Whose name we will not reveal , but here's a photo of them few years back"

Just at the end of the article there was a photo of Taemin and Haneul holding hands in the park.  You didn't know why but it made you feel a little sad. You shut down the laptop and climbed on the sofa to lay down. Just then your phone vibrated , it was a call from your bestfriend .

Your bestfriend : Hey !
You : Mmm ?
Your bestfriend : You have twitter now !
You : Yeah ..so ?
Your bestfriend : You have a lot of followers already !
You : how many ?
Your bestfriend : you have over 300 followers !
You : Wow , but I just created it .
Your bestfriend : Exactly ! YOU JUST DID ! Imagine after a day ! Check tomorrow ! I bet there'll be more !
You : Yeah , sure okay .
Your bestfriend : Hey are you okay ?
You : well .. I got a laptop, a gift from the president .
Your bestfriend : isn't that GOOD news ? Why do you sound sad ?
You : I read an article on the internet , it's about me  , Taemin and his previous girlfriend .
Your bestfriend : _____ , forget about those articles, they are all bogus . Focus on your happiness , alright? I've gotta go now! stay strong and forget about it !

After that she hung up and you got up, took your laptop to your room and locked the door. Since no one was going to come in, and you had no appetite to eat at all. You put the laptop on the table and flopped yourself on the bed just laying there not doing anything. Before you decided to off your phone, there was a text from Yeon-Unnie .

To : ______.
From : Yeon-Unnie .
"Hey kid, the recording in Strong Heart was great ! Just remember tomorrow you have to record Star Golden Bell. A van will be outside at 1.30p.m. to start recording. After that you'll be coming back to the SM Building for a discussion. I'll be there too. Take care and rest well"

After reading the text you replied with a simple "Okay" and wanted to off your phone. You leaned on the door, sliding down on your back reaching the ground. Just sitting , and leaning on the door. You heard the door opening , which means they are back, but you were too lazy to go out and greet them. Since you know they'll leave again.

You kept staring at your wallpaper, unknowingly you started to talk to yourself. Or "Taemin" .Since the wallpaper was a picture of him.

(Taemin's POV)
When we got back home, _____ was no where to be found. Did she have another schedule? We came back to rest a while before we leave for our schedule.

I walked towards ______'s room, her door was closed so I assumed she was in. Just as I tried to open the door, it was locked. I hear some talkings so I leaned my ear on the door and heard her talking. The voice was very faint but I could hear what she was saying.

".. I wish that when you said we'd go out, we'd actually go out. Where when you tell me we'd go out, we would go out without caring what other people think. Which is something we do but there's none of that anymore. You're always so busy for me. I'm not complaining, and I understand it completely .. but I want you here.. "

I took a step back, and that's when I started to realize. Up until now I still haven't done anything to celebrate her debut. I've been pushing it to another day and that day never comes. I guess, she's hurt. I knocked on the door and called her out. But she didn't reply instead kept really quiet. "I know you're in there" I said as I kept knocking on the door. Just then I heard a click on the door and I think she unlocked the door. When I opened the door she was laying down on the bed and she smiled at me . "oppa you're he-" her voice trailed as the moment I got in I pulled her up and hugged her tight.

"Oppa..-"

Me : Don't pretend. Stop it .
_____ : Oh ?

I broke the hug and placed my hands on her shoulders. 

Me : I know you're hurt. That I've been too busy to even celebrate since your debut date. I'm really sorry that I've forgotten about it till this day.
_____ : it's o-
Me : Don't say it's okay because I know it isn't okay. I didn't know you were hurting .. until I heard talking about it to yourself by the door.

She looked down and I lifted her chin up to face me again witth my index finger.

Me : I'll make it up to you, I promise.


(Your POV)
After the appearance on Star Golden Bell and Strong Heart, a lot of people has been recognizing you. You had more than 100,000 followers on twitter. As crazy as that sounds, you never thought you'd be reaching that many followers. They left you cute and supporting tweets which made your day just by reading and replying to a lot of them .

It's been days, since you and Taemin had time to go out. Of course you two would talk everyday but you two didn't have time to go out as you usually do on Saturdays. He told you that he was busy this Saturday, which at first you were pretty bummed but you tried to look on the bright side. You were free and you could rest.
 


(Taemin's POV)
Finally , a Saturday that I'm not busy, it's been 100 days since me and ______ have been together. I told her I was busy, becase well. Today is our 100th day together. Maybe she didn't keep track, but I did. I told Yeon-Unnie to tell ______ that she has a schedule eventhough today is a Saturday. I've prepared everything today, a day just  for me and her. But she doesn't know that. 

(Your POV)
You woke up with your phone vibrating in your hands. It was a text message from Yeon-Unnie .
To : _______
From : Yeon-Unnie .
" _____ ! You have a schedule today! Sorry for the short notice, but you have to be ready by 12.00 p.m. ! A van will pick you up as usual !"

Your eyes widen as you re-read the whole thing again. You jumped off your bed and went to get ready and dressed. You wore something casual, just shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

You went down with your purse in your pocket,keys and your phone. You entered the van and the van took off. Instead it was driving towards somewhere else, somewhere far away from buildings. Soon you couldn't see any buildings anywhere, you tried to ask the driver where he was going but he didn't reply anything. You tried calling Yeon-Unnie but she wouldn't answer and it'll always lead you to the voicemail. You decided to wait until you reached the place. "We're here" the driver said. you got down of the van and it took off. Leaving you at the sidewalk. You looked around and realized you were by the beach. You got a phonecall and you hoped it was Yeon-Unnie but it was Taemin.

You : Oppa ?
Taemin : turn around.

You turned around and you see Taemin across the road holding up three balloons. You hung up and he crossed the road, passing you the balloons .
You : Oppa what are you doing here ?
Taemin : There is no schedule ?
You : Eh ?
Taemin : You'll be spending your whole day with me .
You : Bwo ?
Taemin : You forgot ?

Forgot .. wait. What day was it today ? You took out your phone and realized it's been 100 days since you and Taemin were together. They counted the days couples were together instead of the years. Just then you looked at the balloons and there was one word on each balloon.

"I " . "Love " . "You ."

He held onto your hand and leaded you to the beach, there was a beachtown nearby but there was no one at the beach. Which was perfect. You two walked by the beach until there was only a bright red cloth laid down nicely with a picnic basket with a few bags. You sat down on the cloth beside him while he took the picnic basket and pulled out sandwiches with bottles of orange juice. 

You : Oppa , you did all this ?
Taemin : I told you I'd make it up to you .
You : So it's just you and me ?
Taemin : Just you and me .
You : No one else ?
Taemin : No one . 
You : Geundae .
Taemin : Hmm ?
You : When are you leaving to Japan ?

He kept quiet all of the sudden. You kept nudging him at his arm until he said "Let's just eat . hmm ?"