Chapter 75.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 28/12/12


(Your POV)

When you opened your eyes you find yourself on the bed. Wondering what happened last night, you find a note by your pillow. You picked it up, rubbed your eyes and opened your eyes a little bit wider to read it .

" Babo , why did you wait up for me ? You have to rest too ! Now you're a rising artist, you'll be very very busy from now on ! Don't worry , we'll be celebrating your debut performance ! I promise ! ______ , hwaiting ! Your boyfriend loves you very much. Saranghae :) "

A smile formed on your face as you read the note over and over again. Coming to your senses , you realized you had schedules that Yeon-Unnie organized for you. You got out of bed and got ready to leave.


It's been a few days since the debut performance , and up until now Taemin still doesn't have time to celebrate with you. You were busy as he was, but you'd make time just to spend it with him if only he had the time. Since the debut day until this day, he's been saying Tomorrow , and tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. Of course you understand, but as a girlfriend, it wasn't a good feeling. You didn't really tell him about it, because you wanted him to focus on his career. Maybe because of this , Haneul couldn't handle it.

Nowadays , you kept practicing , as there were a few variety shows that wanted you to appear as a guest star.


You arrived at a building where they record the variety show "Strong Heart" shockingly they wanted you to appear as a guest star.

After 30 minutes of getting ready and dressing up , you had to wear a dress, since they wanted you to dress up. You looked yourself in the mirror and the stylist said "You look gorgeous"
You : A-ani .
Stylist : Take it from me.
You : I don't think I look good .
Stylist : Aish .. you're really humble and sweet you know ? Just accept the fact you look great !

She fixed the finishing touches of make up on your face, which was only toner,blush and powder.

Photobucket


You took your seat , along with a few other idols. Though you don't know who it was. The moment the lights came on, you see Taemin sitting beside you . The two of you stared at each other with your eyes opened wide, and look back in front. The curtains opened and the audience cheered. The MC , Lee Seung Gi introduced everyone one by one.

MC : Welcome everyone to STRONG HEART! Whose story will win our hearts today? We have a lot of amazing stars here today, even the ones that just debuted ! 

The MC started to talk to the other idols there while you and Taemin kept exchanging glances. Guessed he didn't expect to see you here as well. Just then the MC moved on to you .

MC : We have her here today! The girl at a young age stole the hearts of many people just by her first song and her first debut album . ______ !

You got up and bowed while giving a big smile while the audience cheered.

MC : So , how old are you this year ?
You : Oh , I'm 18 . 
MC : I also hear that your boyfriend is present here today.

The room was filled with ooh-s and ahh-s even from the idols surrounding you. You nodded your head and Taemin looked down in embarrassment.

MC : Can we have him to stand up now ?
Audience : NAE !

Slowly Taemin got up and everyone started to cheer louder. Even the idols gasped and clapped their hands .

MC : How long has it been ?
You : A few months .
MC : Taemin-ssi .
Taemin : Nae ?
MC : How did you ask her ?
Taemin : It's secret .
Audience : AYYYYY !

Taemin chuckled while you could feel your cheeks burning up .
MC : Oh _____ is blushing ! 
You : ANI ! -you said while cupping your own cheeks-
MC : What do you love about Taemin .

You looked at Taemin and Taemin stared at you trying to do some aegyo which made the audience squeal and cheered. You looked back to the MC and said "Everything." The moment you said that the whole room was filled with cheerings and squeals as you looked down.

MC : Alright alright , ______ !
You : Nae ?
MC : can you tell us a little about your song,who helped you and so on?
You : Well this song is about how you don't need to change yourself for others to like you because one day there will be a person that will love you for not changing at all.
MC : Ah .. I heard that you wrote the song by yourself? -the moment he said that the room was filled with "OH ?"-
You : Nae , I wrote it myself with the help of Joo-Unnie and Mike-oppa .
MC : wah , at a young age you can do a lot . 
You : -chuckles- Nae .
MC : can you perform for us your debut song ?
You : Oh ? Nae .

The audience cheered as you got up to be in the middle of the stage. You performed a quarter of your song and sat back down.


Soon the MC moved onto Taemin , and asked him about his comeback stage and about his concerts in Japan. Which he promoted a little, he was alone here today . As the maknae of SHINee so he had to keep the image up. Just then the MC asked "So, what about ______ if you leave to Japan ? ______ what do you think of him leaving to Japan?"

Everyone looked at you ,even Taemin. You glanced at Taemin and looked back at the MC .

" I think , as long as he's happy doing what he loves as a career, I'll support him no matter what decision he chooses. Even if we're hundreds of miles away from each other, we'll try hard to keep us together"

The room was filled with squeals and cheerings again. Even some idols were clapping and smiling big. Just then Taemin got up and leaned closer giving you a peck on the cheek and he sat back down.


The MC moved on to the rest of the idols and now it was time for the story-telling. Yeon-Unnie told you to tell a story that would make them remember you by. Whether it's comical or emotional , she told you to choose something suitable. One by one started to tell their stories and the title of winning STRONG HEART was going around. Passed down from one person to another .

A/N : For those who doesn't know what the show Strong Heart is , it's a korean variety show. If you want to read more about it , and the concept of the whole thing, CLICK HERE .

Just then it was your turn to tell your story. The story you were going against was from Shin Dong from Super Junior.

MC : So , your story title is interesting. " A second chance " ?
You : Oh , nae . Not many people know about this. Except maybe people in SMTOWN .
MC : Does Taemin-ssi know about this ?
You : I think so , but not in detail.
MC : Alright , go on with your story .
You : When I was, about 8 or 7 , I got a chance to be a trainee under JYP Entertainment .
MC : JYP ? 
You : Nae . 
MC : For how long ? 
You : For .. 8 years ? 
MC : Then what happened ?
You : From there I got close to 2PM's Nichkhun and Wooyoung . miss A's Suzy and Fei . And Wonder Girl's Sohee .
MC : Wah , you're close to all of them ?
You : Oh .

Just then one of the idols from the back asked "Can we have you to call one of them ?" The audience broke into laughter but then the MC said "After she's done with the story."

MC : continue ______ .
You : So , after training for 5 years or so, I got cut off.

The room was filled with gasps as you continued with your story .

You : I asked why I was cut off and they said they didn't have enough fund to let me have my debut. Instead the rest of them got it but me. I was asked to leave back to _______(your country name) again. 
MC : How did your parents feel about it ?
You : M-my parents ? 
MC : Nae , your dad , your mom ?

Slowly tears start to fill your eyes , and you couldn't go on. A tear rolled down your cheek and the room was dead silent. You could feel that they also felt sad and emotional for you. Taemin got up , knelt in front of you to wipe away your tears. The atmosphere in the room was lightened up a little after Taemin did that .

You : My dad , he died when I was a trainee. I only found out the news when I got back from Korea .
MC : Omo ..
You : He passed when I started to train for 2 years . My mom felt sad , but then she got remarried .
MC : How did you get accepted under SM ?
You : I didn't expect to get this chance but I sent in my audition clip and within a few days I got accepted. I had to leave everything and come here. But it's been a great experience so far. So , this was like a second chance for me to live my dreams and finally it's happening. 

Everyone cheered and applauded for you and you claimed the title as Strong Heart so far. Before they could move on to another idol, they asked you to give either among Nichkhun , Wooyoung , Suzy , Fei or Sohee. They connected your phone to the speaker and told you to call one of them. They wanted you to call one of them and ask them out to see if they would go out with you. Which was pretty easy. You decided to call Nichkhun . He answered the call within a few seconds .

Nichkhun : Oh _____-ah ?
You : Oppa .
Nichkhun : nae , wae ? is there something wrong ?
You : Ani .
Nichkhun : Then ?
You : Oppa , are you free later ?
Nichkhun : Me ?
You : Nae . 
Nichkhun : Nae , waeyo ?
You : Do you want to go out ?
Nichkhun : Dangyonhaji ! (of course )

The moment he answered that everyone cheered. 

Nichkhun : Mwoyaa , are you recording right now ?
You : Nae , Strong Heart , oppa .
Nichkhun : Yah chincha ?
You : Oh , they didn't believe that we were close .
Nichkhun : Seung Gi-ssi ?
MC : nae ?
Nichkhun : We ARE close .

When he said that everyone cheered once again.

MC : Nichkhun-ssi , do you like _____ ?
Nichkhun : Ani , she has Taemin for that .
Taemin : GOMAWO HYUNG!
Nichkhun : Taemin ah.
Taemin : Nae , hyung ?
Nichkhun : You better take care of her .

Everyone started to laugh, some started to squeal because of his response .

Taemin : don't worry .
Nichkhun : arraso . _______ , have fun . I'm hanging up .
You : Nae oppa .

You hung up and gave your phone back to the worker to put it back in your dressing room. After a while, everyone else told their stories even Taemin. His story was about that time in Japan when someone mistaken him for a girl and wanted him to be their girlfriend .

The winner for Strong Heart that day was Brian Joo .


You went back home because you didn't have any other schedules until tomorrow. Which you were appearing on Star Golden Bell this time. You were at home alone, since SHINee has other schedules for the day. It was 3.02 p.m. and you were just flipping through the channels. You stopped at the channel showing Music Bank, it was right on your performance. You were watching your performance , sitting on the floor in front of the TV and the table . Just then there was a knock on the door and you shouted "WHO IS IT ?". 

"Delivery" .

You walked towards the door and opened it. It was a package, you signed your name and said thank you. You walked back towards the TV , placed the package on the table, and opened it. There was a note on the box. 

"______-ah, considering that you've been working so hard, I got this for you. Use it wisely . -SM "

You opened the box , it was a laptop.