Chapter 77.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 28/12/12


(Your POV)

That was weird , but agreeing with him you just nod your head and ate the sandwiches while talking. It felt really nice knowing you could just talk to him like old times again. Just eating together, quiet and peacefully. By the beach, listening to the sound of oceans crashing on the shore. You wish you can pause time , and be like that for a long time. After the two of you ate lunch , the two of you went jet-skiing. It was a first time thing for you but Taemin's done it for quite a few times now. He rented one jet ski and told you to change into your swimming costume. But the thing is, you don't have one. 

You : Oppa .
Taemin : Hmm ?
You : I don't have my sw-

Taemin opened up the bag and took out a pair of bikini. He passed it to you and you looked at it .
You : Where did-
Taemin : I got help from people -smiles-
You : Then , are you going to cha-

Taemin took off his shirt and pants leaving him in his swimming trunks. Revealing his chest and his well-built body. You just stood there and stared at him. He walked closer towards you and turned your around by the shoulders. "There's a toilet over there, go change" he said to you from the back. Before you could walk he pulled you back a little and whispered "And stop staring at my body, you can do much more than just staring".

Coming to your senses you quickly walked into the toilet stand and locked the door. You looked at the bikini with a few thoughts .

1. Where the hell ?
2. Who the hell ?
3. How the hell ?

Adding all of those up, where the hell he got it , who the hell gave him the idea OF getting it , and how the hell does he expect you to put this on ?!

Well , since he showed you some skin, you decided to return the favor. You changed into the bikini and it fitted perfectly. You wore the t-shirt over it and the shorts with your undergarments, you just held it on your way back to where Taemin was. He turned around and you tossed your shorts with your undergarments underneath on the red cloth. He walked closer to your and put his hands around you waist with a slight pout .

Taemin : Why aren't you wearing the bikini ?
You : I am wearing it .
Taemin : Eh ?
You : I'm just wearing a shirt over it .
Taemin : Waeyo~ I bet you have a good body figure .
You : I don't .
Taemin : Then show me .

He let go of your waist while you took off the shirt and he scanned you from head to toe without saying anything. You tried to put the shirt back on but he stopped you. "N-no don't. Y-you have an amazing body figure"

You : Then what's with the late response ?
Taemin : I-I didn't expect it to be this good .
You : Aiesh, you're just saying that because you don't want me to feel hurt.

You tried to put the shirt back on again when he snatched the shirt away from you. "Oppa , give it back to m-" he cut you off as he came closer and kissed you. You joined the kiss but you broke it and snatched the shirt away from him. He pouted and walked towards the jet ski. You tossed the shirt aside, deciding not to wear it and ran to him, catching him from the back.

(Taemin's POV)
Just as I reached the jet ski, I felt arms around my waist pulling me back as I hear "Oppa~". I couldn't help but give in to her and turn around. When I turn around my eyes widen. She didn't wear her shirt back on.

Me : I thought you wer-
_____ : Yeah , but you revealed a lot, so I should do the same .
Me : Eh ?
_____ : Kaja ! 

I held her by the waist to help her up on the jet ski. I got on in front of her and said "Hold on!". She wrapped her arms around my waist as I started the engine. After a while , I let her have a try at it. I got down and got back up sitting at the back of her. She placed her hands on the handle and I placed my hands on her hands. Trying to help her how to ride the jet ski. After a while she got pretty good and we kept on riding until we were tired. We decided to lay on the beach after riding the jet ski. I was laying on the sand while _____ was laying her head on my chest. I was her hair until she said "You're leaving tomorrow , aren't you ?". She sat up the moment I tried to sit up.

(Your POV)
You didn't really know where or how that came out from your mouth, but you just had the feeling it was tomorrow. You felt hands on your shoulders and you turned yourself , facing Taemin sitting down. 

Taemin : How did you know .. ?
You : I had a feeling .
Taemin : No one told you but you had a feeling ?
You : H-how long will you be gone ?
Taemin : I..
You : C'mon~ Tell me. I can handle it .
Taemin : I'm .. not coming back until 2 years. 
You : B-bwo ?
Taemin : Let's just tal-
You : Wae ?
Taemin : SM had us under a contract with EMI Japan Records for 2 years. We'll be training there in Japan for 2 years.. look let's just talk about somethi-
You : I .. won't be seeing you until 2 years ?
Taemin : N-nae .

You didn't know why but you felt hurt. The fact that you couldn't see him for 2 years. People said that long distance relationship works, but most of the time it doesn't. 

You : A-ah .. well , SM wants what's best for you. I'm sure you'll do well there, afterall you're Taemin! 
Taemin : Y-you're okay with it ?
You : Of course I am ! It's your career and I support it 100% ! Oppa , I need to use the toilet, I'll be back ?

He nodded his head slowly and you smiled at him as you got up to walk towards the bathroom. As you walked faster tears filled your eyes and you locked yourself in the toilet. Sliding your on the door , till you reached the ground. 

What you said ; I'm sure you'll do well there. What you wanted to say ; But you're doing so well here. 

Are you okay with it ? what you said ; Of course I am! What you wanted to say ; I don't want you to go to Japan. I want you here, to stay with me here instead. But who am I to say no ? JUST .. your girlfriend.

Slowly you got up, and looked yourself in the mirror and said to yourself .

"Look , you're going to go out there, and support him the best way you can. Yes. Screw everything and your needs. He probably would want you to be happy for him too. So you're going to do it."
You wiped away your tears, and it didn't look like you cried at all. The moment you opened the toilet door Taemin was standing in front of you . "Oppa .." you said as he pulled you in for a hug. "I-I .. I don't want to leave you." he said as you wrapped your arms around his waist. You broke the hug and placed your hands on his shoulders. "This is a good opportunity for you Taemin. I probably wait, I dread to watch you leave, for 2 years. But , we'll try to make it work. We will." You pulled him in slowly and you could feel his tears rolling down from his face down to your shoulders. You broke the hug again and cupped his cheeks. "You , Lee Taemin , don't cry. You'll do , amazing in Japan. I know you will."


The two of you lay down by the beach. You tried to appreciate every second with him. He locked his fingers with yours as the two of you looked at the sky. You tried to break the sadness by getting up and he was wondering what you were doing. You picked up a lot of seashells and put them on your hands , shoulders and head. Trying to balance all of them without making them fall off your body. Slowly he started to smile and chuckle as all the seashells fall off your body slowly one by one. You tried to do a handstand which failed miserably , that also made him burst into laughters. That's the whole point. You were trying to make him laugh as much as he could. Then you pulled him up and held his hand. Just dragging him around the beach. He lifted you with your arms around his neck and he tossed you into the water. He did it for fun but you tried to pay him back. You didn't come up from the water instead stay underwater , holding your breath. Just then you can hear him shouting your name and coming towards you. You closed your eyes and as he pulled you up you slowly took a deep breath without him realizing . He lifted you up and carried you back to shore . He laid you on the sand shaking your shoulders vigrously but you still didn't open your eyes. He tried to do mouth-to-mouth but you ended up kissing him. He broke the kiss and his eyes widen. 

You : Surprise ?
Taemin : YAH ! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!
You : well you threw me in the water .
Taemin : That was for fun.
You : Then this was for fun .
Taemin : What was ? The kiss or fooling me ? 
You : Both . 

You pulled him closer to kiss him again and he joined the kiss.


The two of you walked to the beachtown nearby, of course you had your shirt on, with your shorts over the bikini instead of changing your clothes again. Taemin just wore his clothes over his swimming trunks. You two entered a restaurant, and sat down comfortably. They served western food, which was something you like. While waiting for your food to come, a few people recognized you two and a few fans came up to take an autograph from Taemin. You looked out the window avoiding getting noticed until one of the fans said "Oh ? Aren't you _____ ?" You slowly turned your head and smiled at her. "Nae " you replied her, without hoping for anything. She smiled so wide showing her teeth .

Fan : C-can I g-get your autograph ?
You : Mine ?
Fan : N-nae ! I'm a huge fan ! so are my friends !
You : You're a fan ? Not only, SHINee but .. mine ?
Taemin : Aish chincha, give her an autograph ! she loves you !

The fan glanced at Taemin but focused back on you. "S-sure" you said while taking her pen and signing on her book. She thanked you so much that you got up and gave her a hug. She squealed when you hugged her and you told her "Study hard" while patting her head. She jogged back to her table ,squealing to her friends on the same table and sat down. You sat back down and Taemin was smiling at you .

You : W-wae ?
Taemin : I can't believe , I have an amazing, sweet idol as my girlfriend .
You : Speak for yourself . 
Taemin : Oh me ? Oh no . 
You : Pft . Let's eat , the food is coming.