Chapter 7

Bishounen (Pretty Boy)

 

        People say that we have hearts. We really do, and from that, we get feeling—a lot of feelings. It is these feelings that make us think and finally get us to understand other people.

        I take a seat in front of the study table just by the window while look through the blur glass. Autumn is passing by so fast. It has end already. Today, the snow is starting to fall. Precisely now. According to the News, the blizzard is going to occur tonight. People aren’t looking forward for it, but they really like the outcome. That is the truth about people that I manage to understand, on exteriorly, but, not interiorly that are for only the certain people.

        “Hey, what are you doing?”

        Resting my chin on my open palm, I continue staring through the glass as it magically getting clearer to reveal the real situation outside. It is not that bad. The tiny snow falls like drizzling of rain, only they don’t leave water on the patches, yet they leaves white dots all over the ground and on every branches of trees. I’m sure the practice area will be occupied when tomorrow comes. I wonder where they are going to practice since then. Are they going to quit for a while and resume next year? Or...never mind.

        Ah...There are a lot of things queued inside my head right now. What am I actually thinking? Am I that lonely? His words, how come they can defeat me only with that? Even, I can be reconsidered as a lonely person by him, well, for me I’m not. I have this, and that and those.

        “What are you thinking off? Are you hearing to me?!” A hard force of something soft suddenly knocks my head from behind, making my head shoved forward and slipped off from the loose grasp of my palm. Quickly, I throw my head at rear.

        “What?!” I bark back, glaring at Dong Woon who is lying sprawled on my bed. He jolts his head upwards in return and cockily sneers, “So you ARE hearing to me.”

        I stand up from the chair, pick up the white pillow that he threw at me in the first place, and hurl it back at him, smack deservedly on his face. “Get off. I’m really mind if there’s a male on my bed. Now, get off.” I storm to him, dragging his body out of my mattress.

        “Why? You won’t get a husband in the future if you continue to be like this!” I look at his stunned face which is still singed from the turning back table.  

        “That’s my point.” To be honest, I don’t really think of that but I do feel like saying it. Worth it, I think.

        “I believe that’s why you’re destined to be with pretty boy since a real man can’t really catch your eyes, I see.” He snickers, limply laying his hip against the table while throwing his head upwards to view the white ceiling.

        “You aren’t a real man. You’re just an old person who supports his back on a mattress.” I walk over nearer to him, or accurately, to my table. Searching for something, I glide over from the heap of books to the stationery place. But that thing is not alerting my lenses, due to the empty space on the centre of the table.

        “Hey, that one is nice. Get inspired by me?” I turn to him quizzically, as he looks back at me in return with another wondering wizardly looks of him.  I tilt aside, reaching up on his mind before finally I catch the inside joke tucked in our conversation.

        “Exactly.” Spurting the truth, I move again, but this time, to the dresser. After examining the clean surface, I pull out all of the drawers from bottom to top and on the last one; I find a glimpse of the white string lied safely on a folded pastel handkerchief. Oh, how come I forgot of this special place?

        “Mean.” Dong Woon spits back. He sounds as if he is pouting his bottom lip forward like the giant baby that is obviously looked hilarious on him. Shaking slightly which threatens a laugh, I shift again to the table where his lazy figure is vaguely taking a spot. It is another thing to be found.

        “Do you think I look better compared to you?” I turn back to him, again.

        Exactly opposite from lie, he practically gets a pair of perfect glints on his eyes, beautiful smiles and those eyebrows shaped artfully on as he keeps grimacing. I can’t believe, I’m actually praising his hardly admitted handsome face.

        “At least, you aren’t one of the pretty boys who confuse people. I can’t believe such the confusing looks exist.”

        It is about the truth. This is one of nowadays problem that is actually caught my eyes and attention. Well, if it is not for everyone, it does effects on me. Someone tends to be precise and certain on everybody or other people--how they look like, their attitude, nature. Even, making friends requires those requirements. Just when by their looks have created problems, then... I don’t the how the relationship will progress. Whether the problems will keep going on or halt to explanation.

       “You sound like someone who have a grudge on them. Don’t worry, they aren’t your opponent. Pretty boys aren’t all pretty exactly like girls do.” He slowly caresses my head, chuckling for nothing.

        “Still...”

        Trying to surpass something against his talk, it unfortunately won’t come out as if it is not willing. Fleeing away from his touch, I lean across the table and grasp a medium size box which is by the edge near the curtain.

       “They actually get point where the real attractiveness of them. It’s not by their look.”

        I’m not talking about attractiveness like he does. “...and still.”

        Mumbling in disapprove, I gingerly absorb out the topic aside of my mind, and start focusing on the opening of the box.

        “What still? You’re really a something...” He scoffs. I can read the irritation shown on his growing bored face by the unseen eyes he have on me which is soon, the sight of him from the corner of my eyes momentarily disappear.

        Sighing, I pull open the box and take out the leather-like cover book, placing it securely in my arms. I don’t know about this stuff, but I do feel preoccupied with a lot of thoughts, idea and wish and everything that I rarely have on with other things or someone. In short, I feel different.

        “Oh, Hyun Seung is outside. He said he wants to meet you.” I look up, breaking the face contact with the book to face the standing state of my brother abreast the door. I thought he picks my words to get lost. 

        “What are you up to this time?”

            I can see his not so blonde top from here already. His faded blonde hair is too obvious but the purpose of him being here isn’t as obvious as that. “Hyun Seung...”  

        He looks up from burying his sight fully on the wooden floor. A smile slowly spreads on his lips. “Hey!” He rises from the seat, taking a few steps closer, approaching me. His blackened brows somewhat frowns into a line.

        “What?” It is quiet eerie to see his serious action keeps going on.

         “Um...I was wondering if you could go out on a date...”