Chapter 1

Bishounen (Pretty Boy)

 

        Soft. Bending the wrist, my right hand move upwards above my head and whirl my body—in the half. Changing position of the right hand, my left hand flows upwards to the right as another hand is sent down, slowly. Getting both of my arms upwards, I face the front and pull them right in front of my chest in a ready-to-fight position. Gently, the moving air blows from nowhere, bringing along a few of dry brown leaves to my direction. Tightening the knuckles, a rotation side kick sent flying through the air into a feetless mannequin. At the same time, the dry leaves are ruined into tiny pieces, making a few of scratching sounds, which are directly falling to the ground. The sound is taken by wind in harmony synchronization. Panting slightly, I stand there with a look from the corner of my eyes.

        My name is Son Nam Hi. ( )

I’m a martial arts practitioner. My older brother and grandparents are the only family that I know and maybe I have. I don’t know much about the outside world. My world is the practice area and indoor, indeed. The only thing that I know from outside is my tutor. Mrs. Lee gives me and Dong Woon education since we know how to talk, apart from Grandma and Grandpa. I don’t care much about all this stuff as long as I’m enjoying what I do and learn.

       Simmering down, I watch Grandma sipping her tea from the balcony. Grandpa is not there. As usual, he will go to the town for his evening routine. I take a glimpse of my brother who is laying his whole body on the wooden floor with one leg crossed on another and his arms as a pillow right besides Grandma. We are enjoying the evening breeze right now. It is autumn, where the situation is beyond summer and winter. But, the autumn is about heading to the end.

       I spin half-circle as I hear the squeaking sound of the wooden gate being opened. I catch the smiling face of Grandpa first before dropping my gaze to the two feminine people stood still besides him. On the contrary from Grandpa, they hold some kind of awe expression with their small gaped mouth and hypnotized eyes. I stare at their clothes that are in uniform, the male one. Surely, they are school students. But, what are they doing here, staying by Grandpa? Once again, I don’t know the outside people besides Mrs. Lee, so don’t expect they are here to meet me. But, can it be possibly Dong Woon’s friends? Well, he did sneak out sometimes. I look back at Dong Woon. Still, he is having his daylight slumber.

       Confused, I change my view to where Grandpa at. Startlingly, the two feminine boys are already appeared in front of me, standing on their knees with their hands clamped together in fists. First impression –they are exactly the ‘bishounen’. It’s hard to believe that boshounen exist. Fair skin, dazzling eyes, charming, comely, they are totally bewitching. Bowing before me, they blast in union.

        “Please be my Master!”