Dance

You're the Only ONE

 

Redee danced to the beat of the music. Her legs bent perfectly. Her hands made a gun form and she striked it at the mirror. “Bang!”, she spoke and laughed to herself.

 

“Redee-unnie, that dance doesn’t have any relation to our dance.”, Yeowoon a.k.a Ann J chuckled.

 

“I love that song. I dance how I want.”, Redee spat back. She placed her hands on her hips, acting like she’s annoyed. Everyone laughed at her including herself.

 

“But that song has an archery dance and not pulling the trigger dance.”, Jihoon a.k.a Effie, crossed her arms on her chest, smiling.

 

“Hoot hoot hoot~”, Yoojin a.k.a Lenny sang to the song again.

 

“Okay, okay. Break is over. Let’s start practicing again.”, Chemi stood up and motioned everyone to stand in their position once again. “From the top!”, Chemi’s voice echoed in their practice room.

 

Their dance teacher stoppped the music out of nowhere. “Redee, your arm was awkward. Start again.”, they started again but stopped at the same part of the song. “Redee! What is wrong with you!? Loose your arm a little! You look totally awkward.”, their teacher proclaimed.

 

“All of you can go back to your dorm except for you, Redee.”

 

“What?” the other four blurted. They didn’t want to go home without one of their members.

 

“Redee, I don’t know what’s wrong with you. You were a mess. Get your moves right or you will never go home.”, the teacher turned to Redee.

 

“Sonsaeng-nim, can’t I stay with her? She needs someone to help her with the dance too.”, Chemi raised her arm.

 

“No. The four of you will go back to the dorm. Right now!”, the teacher was strict. They all left Redee alone there.

 

“But, Saem! We didn’t have dinner yet! You can’t let her starve herself to death! Dancing needs energy!”

 

“Let her be! This is a lesson for her! Did you just raise your voice at me! How rude!”

 

“Yes, I raised my voice at you. You should at least let her eat first! She’ll be dying to death! She’s a girl who hears all your words obediently! You can’t let her dance without having energy supplies!”

 

“What? This is to teach her not to make mistakes anymore! Do you think I really want to teach someone like her!? Of course she can do difficult moves but why can’t she do the easy ones!? Answer me!”

 

“Nobody is perfect! You have to understand that! And you’re our instructor, you have to teach her!”

 

“ That’s it! We’re going to meet your manager and CEO. Now!!”

 

All of them were startled. The instructor pulled Chemi out. “Effie! Ann J! Lenny! Come here this instant!”. The instructor shouted. “Without Redee!!”

 

The other four could hear Chemi’s groans from inside the dancing room. “Saem! Please! Let me go to her! You can’t do this! We’re still kids!”

 

“An idol wouldn’t disobey their dance instructor!”

 

“You don’t deserve to be our dance instructor!!”, as soon as Chemi blurted out those words, a slapping sound was heard along with a faint scream of Chemi’s voice.

 

“You three should go. Now!”, Redee exclaimed. She was worried about their leader. Redee wanted to go with them but she knew she will only cause more trouble for the others. She went outside and saw her other members being pushed into the van one by one. Chemi sat beside the window. The rapper could easily see her red cheek because of the slap. Chemi saw her and placed her hand on the window. She looked longingly at her bestfriend, mumbling  “I’m sorry”.

 

Redee mumbled back, “It’s okay.”. she gave them a faint smile. When the van was gone from her sight she went back to the dancing room.

 

♪Give me a call baby baby♪

 

Her phone rang. There was a message.

 

From: Chubby Chemi-unnie

Subject: Don’t worry, Redee-ah. I’ll be there after I get rid of the teacher. I can’t stand her anymore. She had gotten too far. I’m coming, Redee-ah!

 

The girl smiled. She looked at herself in the mirror. She typed some words on her phone before pressing the ‘send’ button.

 

To: Chubby Chemi-unnie

Subject: Okay, unnie. But come to XX. There’s a dancing room and my uncle’s friend holds that place. It is beside a shopping mall. I’ll be there. I’m suffocating here.

 

She packed her bag and went outside. She walked passed a group of schoolgirls who were watching the TV through a phone. “Gyaa!! B1A4!”, one of the girls cheered. The name echoed in her head.

 

 “Wait, Redee-ah! Don’t forget to watch the TV this Saturday evening!”, she remembered Baro’s words.

 

Her eyes widened. She took out her phone and start searching for the TV app. She then took out her headphone and wore it. She found a bench, quickly sitting there.

 

♪O.K, Girl neoegeman Yes Man

Mwodeunji da haejulke

O.K, Girl ijebuteo nikkeoya I love you~♪

 

She stared at the screen. “B1A4...”, her lips blurted out that name.    

 

♪Hwansange ppajin deuthan

Modeun geol da gajin deuthan

Meomchwosseum hae i shigan

I wanna get yours be mine♪

 

She saw the boy she was looking for. There, at the screen. Rapping. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of him. Her heart fluttered, hearing his voice. Her lips curved upwards.

 

After their performance ended, she came back to reality. She hung her bag on her shoulders, running towards the dancing rooom she mentioned before. “Annyeong, ahjusshi.”, Redee greeted. “Is there anyone using the dancing room right now?”

 

“Oh, Redee-ya. It’s been a long time. No, there’s no one in all of the rooms. Go on.”, the keeper, Mr. Shin spoke. He knew Redee since she was 10 years old.

 

“Thanks, ahjusshi!”, Redee ran inside. Throwing her bag to the side, she opened her arms wide. “Ah~ Freedom~”, she took out her phone. Music starts as well as her dancing.

 

Mr.Shin was writing on his daily report book when a boy came in. “Ahjusshi!”, Baro came, giving the man a wide smile.

 

“Baro-ya. What makes you come here?”

 

“My group was on TV. Did you see it? Did you see it? Did you see it?”, Baro started jumping up and down like a kid.

 

“Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Chukahae~”, Mr.Shin answered each of Baro’s questions.

 

“Keke. Here’s some tofu I bought earlier. It’s been a long time since I came here. Is there anyone in any of the rooms?”

 

“You can go to the other rooms except Room 1. There’s my friend’s niece in there. You might want to meet her though. She’s going to be an idol like you too someday.”

 

“Really? I’ll go meet her!”, Baro ran inside.

 

“Yah! She’s practicing!”, but it was too late. “Kids...”, the man sighed.

 

Baro opened the door carefully and successfully didn’t made any sound. ‘Since she’s practicing, I’ll just watch from here until she’s done.’, he thought, ignoring the fact that he had become a stalker.

 

Redee sang along with the song. “No no no no no~” when it came to her rap in the song, she walked forward but stumbled on her own foot, falling dramatically. Her head hit the mirror in front of her. Baro immediately went in but his footsteps stopped. “Idiot. Why can’t you do it, right? Look how clumsy you are. How can you be an idol like this?”, the girl muttered. She stood up, looking at the mirror seeing Baro’s reflection. “Oh, look. I even imagine things.”, she didn’t freak out. Baro was still calm. The female raised her hand. Her fingers caressed the boy’s face in the mirror. “I wish you were here.” A tear slipped down her cheek.

 

“I am here.”