Scarf

You're the Only ONE

 

 

 

Baro strolled down a valley alone by himself. He wore a white t-shirt under a light orange jacket. Along with light blue jeans, he wore a cap on top of his head with white and orange sneakers on his feet. Not to forget a maroon scarf was wrapped around his neck to stay warm. He looked people in front of him, smiling to himself. He suddenly saw a girl running towards his direction. The smile on his face immediately disappear. The girl was crying. She had the back of her hand on her lips, tears flowing down her cheeks. Other people seemed to be invinsible to him at that time. All he saw was the girl.

 

The female knocked him by the shoulder making him return to reality. The people were visible again and time had start ticking again. He didn’t know what posessed him at that moment but her turned and ran after her. “Stop!”, he shouted, trying to catch the girl’s attention. It was rare of him to run after an unknown person. His shout didn’t get her attention. He fastened his face, catching up to her. He grabbed her by the wrist and turned her around. The sobs stopped as she looked at him in the eyes. Several seconds of silence passed by.

 

“Urm.. I’m sorry but why are you crying?” he asked, not making contact with the other’s eyes. He slowly let go of her wrist.

 

“I’m not crying. I think you saw it the wrong way.”, the girl’s voice echoed in his ear,sending butterflies into his stomach.

 

“Really? But I thought you were crying.”, he lifted up his head. He wanted to make sure she was honest. He cupped the other’s face who startled a bit at the sudden contact. He examined her face. “No, you’re lying. Your eyes are red and your cheeks are wet.”, his eyes went down to her neck. She wasn’t wearing a scarf and her neck looked really pale.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t know you. I don’t see why are you suppose to care.”, the girl muttered, taking his hands off her.

 

“I know but my instinct says I need to stop you from crying.” He took off his scarf and wrapped it around her neck. She was a bit suprised.

 

♪Oh my beautiful target

You zoom zoom my heart like a rocket~♪

 

Baro wanted to ask something but his phone rang. He silently cursed under his breath before checking the message that arrived. It was a message from Sandeul.

 

From: Son of a Duck (Deullie)

Subject: Yah! You better come back home right now! Jinyoung-grandpa is going crazy! He wants you to come home this instant!

 

Baro sighed. He looked up and saw the girl’s eyes widened realizing that she had  staring at the boy’s face for a long time. “I’m sorry but I have to go now. Keep that scarf with you. Wear it wherever you go!”, he said and disappeared in the crowd. What he didn’t see was the girl’s lips that turned into a thin line, curving upwards a little.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“I’m home~” Baro sang.

 

“Yah! Where have you been!?” Jinyoung immediately attacked the rapper.

 

“I was...strolling around..?”

 

“Strolling!? You know that we have practice in an hour and you stroll around, walking aimlessly!?”

 

“What~ I’ll go and change, kay?”, Baro quickly freed himself by locking the door of his bedroom. He smiled to himself, leaning against the door. He couldn’t wait to meet the girl again. The image of her appeared in his head. Black long hair, chubby cheeks,eyes that was stunning. He clutched his chest where his heart was, hearing the beats went faster and faster.

 

 

A few days passed, Baro went out again. He walked to the place where he met her. It felt like a dream. Meeting her. Baro decided to go to a cafe. He sat at a table near the counter which was the cashier. He ordered a vanilla latte. He sipped some of the latte, enjoying the liquid to flow through his throat. He looked outside the window and spotted the girl he was thinking of. The girl was with 4 other girls and was laughing together. He smiled a bit. The female he was waiting for wore the scarf he gave her. It looked perfect on her.

 

The girl noticed him staring at her. Her eyes widened as she realized who he was. Baro quickly turned his gaze towards the cup. He sipped some of the vanilla latte. He looked where the girl was seen with her friends but he couldn’t find her. It took a few seconds before he shifted his gaze on the cup again. He looked at how the steam from his latte rise and disappear into thin air.

 

“Excuse me.” He heard a girl’s voice. He turned around and it was the girl, long black hair and the stunning face. His heart fluttered. “Hi. If you want this scarf back I can give it to you.”, she spoke, starting to remove the scarf from her neck. Baro quickly grabbed her wrists, stopping her actions.

 

“No.”, he slowly let go of her, turning back to his vanilla latte. “It looks more suitable on you. Sit down.”, he muttered.

 

The waitress came to them. “Urm, can I have mocha latte and please pack a cheesecake.”, the girl smiled and sat beside him. “Thanks for the scarf. You shouldn’t have gave this to me.” , the girl muttered, touching the hem of the scarf.

 

“It’s okay. I rarely wears it anyway. What’s your name? I’m Cha Sunwoo but people call me Baro.”, he held out his hand.

 

“I’m Lee Dahee but people call me Redee.”, the girl flashed a smile and shook his hand. “Both of us hae a nickname.”, Redee laughed. She seemed so amused just by having something in common.

 

“What’s your hobby?”, Baro asked.

 

“My hobby? I love to stroll around the city. I also love to sing and dance. I like rapping too.”

 

“Really? I love rapping to my favourite songs too! We should try rapping together sometimes.”, Bao beamed. He was excited for sure.

 

“I don’t know.. I’m actually prepairing a debut with my friends in a girl group.”

 

“Really? Same as me! What’s the name of your group? I’m in B1A4.”

 

“B1A4? I’m in C-real. I can see that we have a lot in common.”

 

“How old are you?”

 

“I’m 18. How about you?”

 

“I’m older.”, Baro pointed to himself proudly. “Try to guees.”

 

Redee tapped her index finger on her chin. “You’re...24?”, she looked at him trying to find an answer in his eyes.

 

“24? Yah! I’m not that old!”, the boy pouted and tried glaring at her but failed.

 

“23?22?”, the girl tried guessing.

 

“Okay, okay. What month were you born in?”

 

“Um.. In July.”

 

“Okay... I’m..1 year and 10 motnhs older than you.”

 

Redee seemed to start calculating. “You’re a 92’er?”, she tilted her head to the right. “You’re 20!”,she beamed.

 

“Good! It looks like you’re great in Maths!”

 

“Of course I’m good in Maths!”

 

Both of them laughed. Baro liked how she laughed. It was like music to his ears. Redee tucked her hair behind her ear and sipped some of her mocha latte.

 

♪Give me a call baby baby♪

 

Her phone rang signaling a message had arrived. It was from one of her friends.

 

From: Chubby Chemi-unnie

Subject: Redee-ah, don’t go for too long. We have practice at 5. I hate it. Why does the teacher suddenly made a decision out of nowhere. Come here quickly. She’s coming at our dorm in an hour. Palli!!! >.<

 

Redee smiled at her phone. She turned to the boy beside her. Baro smiled back. “Waeyo?”, he asked even though he knew the girl had to go.

 

“I have to go now. Having practice at 5.”, she stood up, taking her leave.

 

“Wait, Redee-ah! Don’t forget to watch the TV this Saturday evening!”, Baro exclaimed. The other nodded, taking the cheesecake and paid for her orders. She ran outside, looking from right to left before crossing the street. The boy looked at her until she was gone from his sight. Suddenly, he slapped his forehead. “I forgot to ask her number. Oh, Baro. You’re such a dummy.”, he mumbled to himself. He went outside jumping into Shin Dongwoo a.k.a CNU. “What are you doing here?”, Baro asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“Searching for you.”, CNU answered coolly. “Jinyoung-hyung asked me to buy some groceries while trying to find you.”

 

“Why don’t you just call? Oh wait, I turned my phone to silent.”, Baro laughed nervously. He knew he was in trouble.

 

“Next time, if you want to go out, ask someone to be with you.”

 

“There was someone with me.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Someone. Let’s go buy groceries then!”, Baro beamed, walking pass CNU.

 

“Baro, the grocery store is the other way.”, CNU muttered making Baro quickly turned around.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

A/N : First chap! How was it? I don't know how much longer can I take. I want to make it short but I end up making it long (the plot). OTL OTL OTL Okay, I'm out!