Not worth it.

Straight As Student.

“Do you need me to lend a hand?” He approached me, giving the most gorgeous smile ever. Trying not to look like a retarded person, I naturally smiled back, “No, it is okay. You’re the guest anyway.” Well, you don’t know how I’m freaking out inside! I get weird around handsome guys.

But despite telling him that I do not need his help, he still insists. In the end, I give in and let him do the dishes. I feel so awkward right now. He was done soon enough, and dried his hands.

“Thank you. But you didn’t need to actually,” I said shyly. He smiles, “It’s nothing,” then he pulled out a chair and motioned me to sit down, “So you are Sandara Park. Your mum tells me lots of things about you.” Wow, my mum should calm her . She keeps telling everyone about how smart I am. People will think she loves to boast when actually that’s her normal self- always sharing stories.

“So, what do you know about me?” I challenged him to answer. He didn’t have any trouble trying to answer that question. “You are the smartest student in school, tops the level every year and everyone envies your level of intelligence. Is that true?” He grins at me. I laughed, “Yeah, that’s correct. I’m popular because of that,” then I looked at him, “So you must be Taeyang, right?” “Uh-huh. And if you’re wondering what I’m thinking, you are really beautiful.”

What…?

Taeyang and I have been contacting with each other almost every day. And I get to know that he’s an outgoing guy, wealthy, smart and good looking. But I’m not that interested in him like how he is for me.

 

It was finally the day of the results! I am really so excited to know how I did for that exam! I can already picture my name beautifully topping the level again! I kissed my mum and skipped all my way to the bus stop.

The bus stop is crowded in the morning as usual because adults are going for work and students are rushing to school. The bus is always so packed and I’ve been enduring that pain for years. Instead of a bus coming to a stop, a yellow sports car stopped right in front of me with the driver horning. I looked up to see Taeyang, waving at me.

“Come on in! I’ll drive you to school!” He called me in, opening the car door for me. People were staring at us, probably thinking that we’re couples or something.

“Why are you troubling yourself? You didn’t need to pick me up!” I told him, looking out the window, “Now people will start thinking that we’re together.” Taeyang laughed and remained quiet. I stared at him with eyebrows raised but he just continued smiling to himself. Ah this guy is really weird.

“Rumors spread like wild fire in my school. They will start spreading a rumor about me being in a relationship with some rich guy very soon. And if that really happens,” but he cuts me off, “then we’ll get together so it won’t be a rumor anymore.” What the is this guy thinking?! I looked at him, a slight look of disgust, “Seriously, Taeyang, I am not going to be in a relationship with anyone.”

Taeyang drives in the school compound. He bends over so he can push the car door open for me. I quickly got out and adjusted my school skirt. He winked at me, “I’ll see you later, girlfriend!” And that is loud enough for the other students to hear. Taeyang is really doing that on purpose. I rolled my eyes and walked off.

Bom jumped on me out of nowhere with a smirk on her face and said even louder, “You got a boyfriend, Dara?!” What?! No! I shook my head vigorously, “No, he’s not my boyfriend, I swear!” But Bom thinks I’m lying when actually, I’m not!

Bom grabbed my hand and skipped along the corridors, “My bestfriend got a boyfriend!” and she repeats that for thousands of times.

Taeyang, you are one trouble maker...

Top was sitting on a nearby bench, watching some girls practice cheer leading when he saw a cheerful Bom skipping towards him and a moody Dara walking miserably beside her. Top stood up and gave Bom and me a best friend hug. But I pulled away almost immediately.

“What’s up with you, Dara?” Top asked me. I glared at Bom and Bom lowered her head, “I’m sorry.” Top eyed the two of us, confused on what is going on but then his doubts were answered when a group of girls were chanting the words “Dara got a boyfriend!” Top looked at me with a surprised look on his face, “You got a boyfriend already?!”

“See, all of you believe in the rumors in this school but you don’t want to believe the truth that’s coming out from my mouth!” I raised my voice at them. Top noticed the pain behind my eyes and pulled me close to him, “I’m sorry.” Bom hugged me too, “I’m sorry, Dara.”

RING!

“Hey, the results are out! Let’s go check!” Bom squealed and dragged me up the stairs, holding my hand.

 

Author's Note

Thank you for the 15 subscribers and the comments! I am looking forward to read more of your comments on the story. I hope you will continue supporting me and this fic!

Aaaand sorry Jiyong isn't in this chapter but expect him on the next! ^_^

Once again, thank you for the subs & comments!

MUCH LOVES! <3