Chapter Eight: The Wedding

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

 

CHAPTER EIGHT

THE WEDDING

 

Sulli walked down the aisle. She was wearing a simple white chiffon tube gown studded with rhinestones and crystals on the bodice. Her hair was simply pinned up in a bun and her veil flows from the top of her head down to the carpeted floor. She was holding her bouquet of white and yellow roses with both hands to hide the fact that they were shaking due to her nervousness and anger at Minho.

 

Her eyes were looking down, she was afraid to look up and see Minho at the altar. Her short conversation with him yesterday when she disturbed him and his girl kept playing through her head. She was mad at him. If only he was there to accompany her to pick up the wedding rings, she would not have been followed by those gangsters, she would not have jumped into the bus, she would not have tripped and her right knee would not have been injured.

 

She reached the edge of the platform where the bride and groom are supposed to stand. She saw a gloved hand offering her assistance as she stepped up. She took the hand and looked up. It was Minho.

 

Their eyes met.

 

Sulli felt her blood boil in anger. He is such a hypocrite. He is doing good things to her only when there are other people watching.

 

The minister started with the ceremony and soon after the he gave his approval that the groom may now kiss his bride.

 

Minho inched his face closer to Sulli, and she closed her eyes. But instead of kissing her straight on her lips, he simply kissed her on her forehead.

 

A wave of applause spread through the air, as Minho and Sulli finally stepped down from the platform as husband and wife.

 

Before the newlyweds came down to the reception area, they met with their families first. It was not a congratulatory celebration, but it was rather a meeting of a few people conspiring.

 

Mr. Choi: Now you are married, I expect that both of you would take care of each other. I know this is only a temporary marriage but please bear in mind that the name and legacy of each of your family is at stake so please act accordingly.

Minho and Sulli: Ne.

 

Mr. Choi looked at Sulli and gave her a warm hug.

 

Mr. Choi: Welcome to the family Sulli. *smiles* I hope you can incorporate some of your good values to Minho. *chuckles*

Minho: Appa! There is no need for that! I am a very good person. *pouted*

Mr. Choi: My boy, you still need to learn a lot of things in life. *laughs* Take good care of your wife.

 

Sooyoung and SiWon were the next ones to congratulate the couple.

 

Minho’s appa pulled his umma to a corner and whispered.

 

Mr. Choi: I’m not really in favour of this temporary marriage but I have a good feeling about this.

Mrs. Choi: Me too! And I like Sulli. She is such a sweet girl. *smiles* I just hope Minho can discover it immediately.

 

After the private congratulations were offered and the secret meeting was over, they all went down to the reception area. Minho pulled Sulli in a corner.

 

Minho: Look, we have to act like we are in love out there.

Sulli: Ne. You don’t have to remind me of that.

Minho: Of course I need to remind you! You’ve been very distant.

Sulli: Do you have any idea what happened to me yesterday? I was followed by two gangsters. One of them held a knife by my side and the rings were almost stolen from me. Thankfully there was a policeman who passed by just in time as the bus arrived. All of these happened because you were not there!

Minho: Wait a minute! Does the provisions of the contract include that I must be with you at all times?

Sulli: Ani. But! -

Minho: Exactly! No buts Miss Heiress; or should I say Mrs. Choi. We are going to strictly abide by the provisions of the contract. We are not going to alter, remove nor increase the provisions. The will be as they are.

 

Sulli could not answer. She was was mad as she walked past Minho.

 

Minho turned around and immediately ran after Sulli. No one should see them fighting on their “wedding day”. When he finally found her he stopped on his tracks. Sulli was talking to a woman wearing a red dress with a deep neckline. Minho immediately recognized who she was and walked towards them.

 

Minho: Hyuna. *smiles*

Hyuna: Oh! Minho! I was just introducing myself to your bride.

Minho: Hyuna, this is Sulli. Sulli, this is Hyuna my..umm..

Hyuna: Girlfriend. *smirks at Sulli*

 

Minho looked at Sulli. She was silent.

 

Hyuna: Alright babe, I’ll see you at the office. I really enjoyed last night.

 

Before Minho could do anything, Hyuna inched her face closer to him and brushed her lips with his. She then gave Sulli a look of superiority; and then she left.

 

Sulli, who watched the whole interlude, simply looked at them. Her expression was blank and her emotions were guarded.

 

Minho: As you can see, she is the woman I was with last night.. Ah.. I mean yesterday. *smirks*

Sulli: I can see that. Kaja. It's show time.

 

Sulli lift her head the way her grandmother taught her and she walked towards the reception hall.