Chapter Two: Little Did They Know

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

CHAPTER TWO

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW

 

 
It's been one week since Krystal broke up with him. Minho was mad, sad, pessimistic and tired. All he did was to bury himself in his work so he could forget all the hurt that he was feeling inside. He was currently working on some finishing touches on one of his blueprints when he received a text message from his appa.
 
To: Minho
From: Appa
Son, I'm still in Singapore. Your mother needs someone to be with her. Please fill in for me. Do you remember the charity ball at the Hyatt Hotel? It's at 8:30 tonight. Wear a suit and fetch your mother at home. I already informed her about this. Thanks son. :)
 
Minho sighed.
 
He looked at his schedule for the day and his secretary was able to miraculously clear off his whole afternoon schedule. He had nothing more to do. He shrugged. He'd rather go to this party with his mother than be at his bachelor's pad mourning over his break up. He sent a quick reply to his appa.
 
To: Appa
From: Minho
Ne, appa. Please come home safely. :)
 
He went home to get ready for the event, and fetched his mother an hour before the event started.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Somewhere on the other side of Seoul, Sulli was busy finishing her new artwork. It was a statue of a woman dancing. It represented freedom and a sense of lightness. She wanted to feel like that again. Since the will of their grandmother was read, all she felt were chains around her. She was chained to the provisions and she was burdened with the obligation to fulfill the conditions. She longed to feel free and light again.
 
She never really cared about the the money or the jewelries, but she could not afford to lose the building that was very suitable for the art gallery that she was planning to open for herself. She was already working at an art museum; and she is receiving a good amount of salary; but she felt that it would still be different if she would have her own art gallery where her artworks could be displayed.
 
"Sulli!" She heard someone call her. She was sure it was her Sooyoung Unni. She turned around and smiled.
 
Sulli: Ne? What brings you here?
Sooyoung: Do you remember the two antique paintings that grandmother donated to the charity that she was sponsoring before she died?
Sulli: Ne. They are going to auction that at a charity ball right?
Sooyoung: Ne. That ball is tonight at 8:30 at the Hyatt Hotel.
 
Sooyoung made a face that Sulli is very familiar with. Sulli began shaking her head; her eyes wide.
 
Sulli: Ani! Ani! I know that face! I'm not going!
Sooyoung: Please? Please? Please?
Sulli: Why can't you just go with SiWon?
Sooyoung: He wanted to, but he got caught up the hospital. The other doctor that was supposed to relieve him from his hospital duty did not arrive.Please just go with me?
 
Sulli sighed.
 
She just can't say no to her unni when she is being like this. Besides, her husband had a justified reason for not making it to the charity ball. SiWon was a very dedicated doctor, and an even more dedicated husband to her sister. Filling in for him would be one of her ways of repaying him for taking care of her sister.
 
Sulli: Araseo. As if I can refuse you.
Sooyoung: Yey! Now it will be a formal event so you need to wear a dress. The black one that I saw from your closet the last time I visited would be appropriate. Now I'll go home to get ready and I'll pick you up at your apartment an hour before the party arachi?
Sulli: Araseo.
 
With that, they bid their temporary good byes and Sooyoung went on her way.
 
Sulli resumed to her art and after a few more minutes, she headed to her apartment to get ready.
 
Two busy people living their own separate lives. Each one have their own burden, a problem, a strife. Little did they know, it was a few hours before their lives collide.