Chapter Twenty Three: A Prelude to Baby's Day Out

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

A PRELUDE TO BABY’S DAY OUT

 

Sulli stood in shock at the middle of the living area as she watched Minho ascend the stairs to go back to his room.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

D..Did he just kiss me?

 

She blinked in confusion.

 

Then she felt it again. The warmth grows stronger by the second and she does not know why.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

Yah! Choi Sulli! Stop it! You’re just imagining things. You better stop it before you get hurt again. Remember the last time!

 

Sulli forced herself to ignore the warmth and the unending flutters in her stomach as she ascended the stairs carrying KyungSan, and went to her room. She placed KyungSan on her bed and lay beside him. They both drifted off to sleep.

 

Unfortunately for Sulli, the more she tried to bury the warmth, the stronger it gets. While her consciousness tampers it, her subconscious frees it. As a result, it invaded her dream that night. Her conversation with Key kept repeating in her dream in endless cycles.

 

[Dream]

You know, the status of the marriage would really depend on you guys. You could make it permanent if you want to.

[End of Dream]

 

*Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!*

 

Sulli woke up. It’s 7:30 in the morning. Since it was Sunday, she woke up an hour later than usual.

 

It’s time to make breakfast.

 

She sat up her bed and looked at KyungSan beside her.

 

KyungSan was not there!

 

Sulli searched her bed and looked for the place where KyungSan may have rolled over during the night. She could not find him. She got off her bed and ran to Minho’s room.

 

She opened the door.

 

Sulli: Minho! Kyung-

 

She was not able to finish her sentenec because Minho was not there!

 

She ran downstairs immediately. As she descended the stairs, she began to smell the scent of English breakfast being cooked. Then she heard KyungSan’s giggle and Minho’s chuckles.

 

She sighed in relief.

 

She ran to the kitchen.

 

There she saw Minho standing by the kitchen counter and KyungSan sitting on it. KyungSan gurgled in satisfaction as Minho fed him with some baby food. Minho did the airplane game with a spoonful of baby food and making it land on KyungSan’s little mouth. The baby squealed even louder.

 

No matter how Sulli tried to control it, her heart once again melted with the sight of Minho and KyungSan. Key’s voice echoed once again in her head.

 

[Flashback]

You know, the status of the marriage would really depend on you guys. You could make it permanent if you want to.

[End of Flashback]

 

KyungSan craned his neck to the side as he saw Sulli and smiled at her, his mouth splattered with baby food.

 

Minho followed KyungSan and saw Sulli standing nearby. He suddenly felt awkward and conscious. He knew last night that he kissed her. It’s just that he could not remember where. Did he kiss her on the cheeks? Forehead? Lips? He was really sleepy and he could not control his actions. He only realized what he did the moment he woke up.

 

On the other side, Sulli also became conscious. She bit her lip and lowered her gaze.

 

KyungSan noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere and stared at Sulli and Minho with wide eyes. He smiled as if saying that he knows there is something going on between the two of them.

 

Being a gentleman, Minho was the first one to break the ice.

 

Minho: Good- *clears his throat* Good morning. Breakfast is ready. *smiles nervously*

Sulli: Oh. Good morning. *blushes*

 

She placed some pancakes, bacon and egg on a plate, but instead of eating on the dining table; she walked towards Minho and KyungSan and placed her plate on the kitchen counter. She kissed KyungSan on the head. He smiled at her and gurgled.

 

Sulli: Where were you when I woke up? Hmmm? I thought you were gone. *smiles at KyungSan as she rubbed his back*

 

KyungSan replied with some baby talk that only him could understand. He patted her cheeks with his little baby hands.

 

Minho: Would you be comfortable eating while standing?

 

Sulli looked at Minho and nodded.

 

Sulli: Have you eaten?

 

Minho shook his head.

 

Minho: Ani. I’ll eat later. I want to feed KyungSan first. *resumed feeding the baby*

 

Sulli was touched with Minho putting KyungSan’s needs before his. Then, before she could stop her tongue, she said:

 

Sulli: Would you like to share?

 

Minho stopped with what he was doing. He was shocked and he could feel the warmth spreading through him again. The spoonful of baby food was suspended in midair, never reaching its destination, which was KyungSan’s open mouth.

 

Seeing that the spoonful of baby food might not reach his mouth, KyungSan tapped Minho’s hand urging him to continue feeding him. KyungSan’s action brought Minho back from his shock. He continued feeding KyungSan.

 

Sulli was embarrassed with what she said given Minho’s unexpected reaction. But before she can take it back, Minho said:

 

Minho: Would it be okay? I’m quite hungry. *smiles*

 

Sulli nodded and smiled shyly at Minho.

 

As the sunlight beamed through the glasshouse, Sulli shared her breakfast with Minho; and together they fed little KyungSan with the baby food that he loves.

 

After feeding KyungSan with his favourite baby food, he was a cute little mess. Sulli decided to bathe him.

 

Sulli: I’ll bathe KyungSan. Why don’t you go and take a shower.

Minho: Ani. I already took a shower before I took KyungSan and made breakfast. Besides, I want to watch him take a bath. I’m not going to miss this. *chuckles*

Sulli: Araseo. Let’s take him to my bathroom. *smiles*

 


(Image Source: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EKh2-fqD06c/Tldc1WDs_BI/AAAAAAAABBs/Y3p8N5EFmgs/s1600/modern-suite-bathroom-glass-house-by-harrison-varma.jpg)

No copyright infringement intended!

 

They both went to Sulli’s bathroom. Sulli started to fill her tub with warm water and poured some shower gel. They undressed KyungSan and dipped him in the tub. As expected, KyungSan was delighted with the water and started splashing on Sulli and Minho. They both laughed and played with KyungSan. When they were finally done, both Sulli and Minho were drenched since they bathed the baby while sitting down on the floor beside the tub. Minho stood up first carrying KyungSan out of the water.

 

Sulli remained where she was seated.

 

Her eyes widened as she saw Minho’s wet shirt sticking on his abdomen. She could see the traces of his abs.

 

Sulli gulped.

 

“Sulli yah?”

 

She looked up at Minho with a confused look. Because of what she saw, her brain crashed for several seconds and she was not able to understand what he said.

 

Sulli: Hmmm? Mwo?

Minho: Ummm.. I said could you please get some towel before KyungSan gets cold.

Sulli: Omo! Ne. Chamkkamanyo.

 

Sulli stood up with haste and ran to her closet to get a fluffy pink towel for KyungSan.

 

Minho saw that her shirt was also clinging onto her body revealing her S-line figure and he too was very much affected.

 

He gulped.

 

Then he noticed that Sulli was jittery with her movements. He asked her.

 

Minho: Gwenchana?

Sulli: Gwenchana. Weo?

Minho: Nothing. *smiled*

 

Both of them wrapped KyungSan in the towel that Sulli fetched and placed him on the bed. They put on his diapers and sprinkled some baby powder on him. Then they finally put on some clothes.

 

Sulli then picked KyungSan up and cuddled him.

 

Sulli: Awww! Now my baby smells good! *kisses KyungSan’s chubby cheeks*

 

KyungSan giggled and rested his head once again on Sulli’s shoulder.

 

Minho watched her and he finally gave in to the images that he’d been trying to conceal since last night. He finally allowed himself to imagine and pretend that their marriage was real and that KyungSan was their baby. Even just for a day.

 

He went near Sulli and KyungSan.

 

Minho: Do you have anything planned for today?

Sulli: Nothing. Weo?

Minho: Ummm.. I know a nice hilltop restaurant just an hour and a  half drive from Seoul. Do you want to go? Let’s take KyungSan and we can have our lunch and spend the afternoon there. *smiles shyly*

Sulli: Araseo. *smiles*

Minho: I’ll take care of KyungSan first so you can get ready.

Sulli: Why don't you change first. You're drenched. *her eyes wandered back to Minho's abs*

Minho: I'm fine. I'll change while KyungSan is with me.

 

Sulli nodded her head.

 

Minho took KyungSan from Sulli, and she heard him say to KyungSan:

 

Minho: Kaja! Let’s give mommy sometime to get ready so we can go to the hilltop restaurant. *carries KyungSan*

 

KyungSan giggled as he carried him to his room.

 

Sulli smiled to herself as she watched Minho and KyungSan go out from her room.

 

No matter how much she tries, she can’t really help the butterflies in her stomach. She cannot contain the giddiness inside her, much less the warmth that grows stronger each passing minute.

 

“Alright.  Just this once. Give in to your imaginations. Even just for a day. You’ve always wanted to know how it feels like to have a family of your own.” She whispered to herself.