Create A Moment

And Then You Came Along

 

Sojin's POV
 
Going to school next day was a whole other kind of nervousity than I was used to. I had no idea what so ever about how it would be like between me and Minhyuk, since it obviously had happened something the day before. Walking through the halls was still scary, even if I knew that the main reasons for my horror was gone. But I made it all the way to my locker without anything being yelled or thrown at me, and I didn't have that uneasy feeling that I'd had the day when I got beaten down. I took a few seconds to look at my locker, that now was filled with words, both good and bad. But it was still that word that Minhyuk had carved in that caught my attention. He actually thought that I was beautiful. A smile sneeked it's way to my way and I opened my locker.
 
"Hi", I suddenly heard behind me.
 
I jumped in startlement, and swirled around to see Minhyuk stand there, with his hands down his pockets and a awkward smile on his face.
 
"Hi", I replied, the heat building up in my face.
 
It got quiet between us, and he looked away to avoid eye contact. I slowly turned around to get my stuff before I closed my locker and started to walk. Even though Minhyuk walked beside me, it was like walking alone. Neither one of us said anything, and we said short goodbyes when I entered my classroom.
 
Minhyuk's POV
 
It was even more awkward than I'd thought it would be. What the hell was I supposed to say? We couldn't just pretend that it hadn't happened, but we couldn't exactly talk about it either. Ilhoon seemed to notice my sulking as we sat in math class, and after a couple of minutes, he poked me with his pen. I jumped in surprise and then gave him a sour look as I rubbed the spot he'd poked.
 
"Sorry", he whispered sheepishly. "What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing", I sighed.
 
He raised his eyebrows in disbelief, but I just shrugged. It was a little too complicated for his little brain to understand anyways.
 
Lunch was also very awkward. We barely spoke with each other, and we carefully avoided touching each other. It was unbearable, but I couldn't say anything in front of everyone. That would only make it more awkward.
 
Changsub must've noticed how stiff we both were, since he asked if I could talk when we got out of the cafeteria.
 
"Sure", I answered, glancing at Sojin.
 
She was talking to Ilhoon, or more like listening, and I don't think that she noticed me. I followed Changsub to a less crowded spot, and he turned around to look at me with curiousity.
 
"What's going on between you and Sojin? You're both acting strange", he said, tilting his head slightly to the side.
 
"Nothing", I lied, pulling my hands down my pockets.
 
"Mhm, that's what you're saying", Changsub said with disbelief.
 
We looked at each other for a while, until I let out a defeated sigh. 
 
"Okay, maybe not..." I admitted.
 
"Wanna tell me about it?" 
 
I looked at him for a moment, before I gave in and told him about the kiss that never happened. He didn't interrupt or make any faces while I talked, he just stood there and listened. When I finished, he looked down at the floor with a thougtful expression, and I sighed.
 
"Well... Why are you being so awkward now?" Changsub asked after a moment in silence.
 
"What?"
 
"There isn't really anything different now than it was yesterday. None of you were drugged or drunk, as far as I know, which ment you both knew exactly what you were doing. So why not just continue where you left off?" he asked, smiling slightly.
 
"But... The moment's gone..." I said lamely.
 
"Then create a new one. Don't make this more complicated than it is", he said, giving me a pat on the shoulder before he walked off. 
 
I stared at the spot where he'd just been, trying to melt his words. Was I making things more complicated? 
 
Sojin's POV
 
I hadn't even noticed that Minhyuk had disappeared until Ilhoon ran off for class and I was left alone. It felt like he was mad at me, and I didn't like the feeling, especially since I didn't know what I'd done wrong. Not really. It'd been Dongsung's fault that it'd ended so badly the day before. All around me, other students passed, trying to make it on time, and I realized that I had to move on too.
 
My mind wandered away everytime I made myself pay attention. If it'd been before, the teachers would've told me to listen, but they didn't. They were also ashamed, I could see it in the way they looked at me, so they let me be. It wasn't like I usually was absentminded, it was actually the first time. And it was all because of Minhyuk. My eyes wandered around the classroom, and landed on one of the two empty seats. Kyunwoo's and one of his friend's seats. The guilt made itself reminded, and that was when I realized it. I had to talk to them. All of them. To get some kind of peace.
 
When the last lesson of the day ended, I hurried to my locker. My heart was racing away as I quickly took my jacket and bag, before I closed the locker. I wasn't sure if it was because of nervousness or excitement, but it was one of them. As I headed for the doors, I wasn't looking at what was coming infront of me, so when I walked straight into something I almost fell. But two arms prevented the fall, catching me around the waist. When I looked up, I stared straight into Minhyuk's face, just inches away. My eyes grew wide, and my overworking heart stopped beating for a second. Minhyuk swallowed visibly and released me out of his grip.
 
"Sorry", I mumbled and looked down at the floor.
 
"No, it's okay", he replied, sounding flustered. "I was looking for you anyway."
 
"You were?" I asked, looking up at him again.
 
He cracked a smile and nodded.
 
"Do you have time? It looks like you were heading somewhere..." he said.
 
I looked at him while I thought it over. Get some peace, or end the awkward situation between Minhyuk and myself?
 
"No, I have time", I said eventually.
 
"You sure? I don't want to make you late for something", he asked worriedly.
 
"Yes, I'm sure", I said patiently.
 
"Okay. Good. But can you wait for just one minute while I get my stuff? I don't want to take this here", he said, his cheeks growing redder by the second.
 
"I'll wait outside", I answered, smiling to get him to calm down.
 
He nodded and headed off with fast footsteps. I begun to walk too, slowly heading for the doors while I tried to calm my nerves down. It was now or never, I could feel it.
 
It took him about ten minutes to come out of the school, where I was sitting at the end of the stairs. The steady stream of students that had passed from the beginning had stopped, and now only one or two walked by. 
 
"Hi", I heard Minhyuk's voice come from behind, and he sat down next to me.
 
"Hi", I replied.
 
It got quiet, and I heard how he took a deep breath.
 
"I just... About yesterday..." he started, and I felt every muscle in my body tense up. "Oh my god, I have no idea what to say."
 
I looked at him in time to see him bury his face in his hands. I reached out a hand, but when I was just inches away from touching his shoulder, I pulled away. 
 
"You know what?" he suddenly said, sitting up straight and staring right into my eyes. "I'm just going to say it. I... Like you, Sojin. Alot."
 
It felt like all the air in my lungs disappeared at the same time, leaving me breathless. I opened my mouth to reply, but no words came out.
 
"You don't have to answer", he hurried to say, even though he looked hurt. "I just want you to know that yesterday wasn't just something I did in the heat of the moment. And I'd like to believe that you didn't either. But again, you don't have to give me an answer, not right away."
 
He looked at me for a moment, his eyes wandering over my face. His lips formed into a smile, and he reached out a hand to pull back some hair that had fallen infront of my eyes. The little skin that he touched felt like it was set on fire. He pulled back his hand and looked at me one last time, before he sighed and stood up. And I still couldn't manage to get my tounge to move.
 
"See you", he said, before he started to walk.
 
I blinked and stared after him, before I realized what was actually going on. On unsteady legs, I got up from the stairs.
 
"W-wait!" I called after him, and my voice cracked.
 
He stopped and turned around to look at me with a surprised expression. Me myself was pretty surprised over my action, but I had no time to think about it any further. Without giving it any thought, I walked up to him with determination. Not allowing myself to be a coward, I took Minhyuk's face in my hands and forced it down to my level before I pressed my lips against his. It was warm and wet, but it was enough to create an explosion of warmth in my whole body. Everything else just kind of stopped existing for that moment. Mom, Kyunwoo, Chahyo. Dad. Everyone just blurred out, and it was just me and Minhyuk for those seconds. When I pulled away, I inhaled sharply and looked catiously at him to see his reaction. His face was only inches away from mine, and we looked each other in the eyes. He blinked, looking confused, before he flashed me a grin.
 
"I'm taking this like you like me too", he whispered.
 
"Do that", I replied, smiling back at him.