Something's Off

And Then You Came Along

 

Sojin's POV
 
Something was off. Terribly off. While I walked to my locker, nobody said anything or did anything to me, which made me wonder what it was. They didn't even look at me. A small part of me wanted to believe that it might be over. That I wouldn't be physically and mentally abused everyday. But I knew that that wasn't the case. If it ever would occur, it wouldn't happen over just a weekend. No. Something was going on.
 
As Minhyuk talked eagerly while we walked down the hall towards the cafeteria, I looked nervously around me. I only listened with one ear, not really being able to focus on his words. Not a single thing had been thrown at me during any of my lessons, and it was killing me slowly, not knowing what was going on. 
 
"Sojin? Are you okay?" Minhyuk suddenly asked, gripping my arm lightly.
 
His sudden touch made me jump, and we both came to an abrupt stop. For some reason, my heart started racing by the touch of his hand. He looked at me with worry, oblivious to my sudden rushed heartbeat.
 
"I-I'm fine", I stuttered out. 
 
"Your sure? You look pale", he asked, his eyes flickering over my face.
 
I nodded and forced myself to smile. He gave me one last disbelieving look, before he released my arm. My heart immediatly slowed down, and we started walking again. There was no need to bother Minhyuk with my worries.
 
Minhyuk's POV
 
She was so off. And she refused to tell me what it was. I watched her carefully during lunch, noticing her twitchy and fast movements, and the fact that she never seemed to relax her back. Like she was expecting something. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't see what it was that made her so nervous. Everything seemed to be just fine to me. Actually, it seemed like things was beginning to become better. So her behaviour made no sense to me. 
 
When we seperated for class after lunch, she waved goodbye in a hurry, and just kind of ran off. Leaving me behind. That was when my worry begun to rise seriously, and I had to force myself to go to class instead of going after Sojin. But we had stayed in the cafeteria a little too long, and I would be late if I didn't go straight to class. I looked after her disappearing figure, as she hurriedly walked away from me, and an uneasy feeling appeared in my chest. 
 
Sojin's POV
 
Get my stuff quickly. That was my goal. Even though no one had done anything yet, I had a feeling that the calm would get disturbed soon enough. And when it did, I didn't want Minhyuk around. The less involved he was, the better. 
 
When I opened my locker, I was even more stressed than before. The halls was beginning to get empty, which left me more vulnerable. Suddenly, someone yanked my hair, making me fall down to the floor. I looked up through tearfilled eyes, seeing both Chahyo and Kyunwoo smirk down at me. Behind them, their "friends" stood, looking down at me with disgust. Before anything else could happen, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I gasped for air, and tried to crawl into a ball, but before I could do that, someone kicked me in the face. I could hear a cracking sound, and then hot fluid begun to flow out of my nose and run down my face. My hand automatically went up to cover my nose, the tears flowing down and mixing with the blood. Two harsh hands took a grip of my shirt, forcing me up on my feet before they smashed me against the locker. Kyunwoo's face was only inches away from mine, and he stared at me with hatred. What had I ever done to him? 
 
"Where's your little boyfriend now? Is he not here to save you?" he asked in a mocking tone, and several giggles were heard behind me.
 
"Please..." I whispered.
 
He smirked, and I knew that it was no point. They wouldn't listen to me. 
 
Kicks, punches, words. That all came at me at once, and the only thing I could to was to lie on the floor, trying to prtect myself as much as possible. But nobody can take too much. I didn't know how long it'd been, but when one of them suddenly got a kick, straight in my head, I could feel the unconsciousness come. The pain in my side and my bleeding nose started to fade away, getting replaced by numbness. The last thing I heard was an angry voice far away, and then everything turned black.