First Day Out

Brother As Lover

I opened my eyes as I felt the sun shone on me. I still had my bolster in my arms and hugged it tighter. A roommate said I looked like a cat when I was in New York. Yeah, I knew that I was cute.

I stood up from my bed and walked slowly to the window while yawning. Urgh, I was still tired and why I woke up this fast. I looked at the clock that hung on the wall. 5.45 a.m. and I had woken up already? Wow. It was amazing. I was going to fully open my windows when I realized that that Sungyeol guy was in the backyard. I didn't even know I had a backyard.

He was sitting alone on the swing, moving it slowly with his own legs. He stared blankly at nothing. No sweet smile like what I looked yesterday. I hoped he couldn't see me. I didn't know why but I somehow felt that he looked... I didn't know.... Uhm, beautiful? Argh, seriously, he was a guy. Older than me. How could I say he was beautiful?

Curious, I walked outside of my room and went downstairs. I tried to find the door that connected the house to the backyard. After a few minutes, I finally found it. I opened it and I could see that guy's back. He was wearing blue sky pajamas. He was still moving slowly his swing. I walked slowly to him, trying not to make any sound, and sat on the swing right next to his. He didn't realize that I was there. He must be thinking of something really big.

"Ehem," I pretended to cough and he finally realized that I was there. He looked at me and suddenly smiled so sweetly. But still, like the night before, I could feel that he had that kind of emptiness in his life from his eyes. I wondered why I always felt that. "Didn't realize that I walked to here, hm?" I asked him and he shook his head softly. "Why are you here?"

"Here? Do you mean in the backyard or in your house?" He asked while moving his swing a little bit faster than before.

"Both?"

He just smiled and said, "I come here every morning. I just like it. And being in your house..."

A long silence. He looked to the other way and smiled. Why did I see it as a bitter smile?

"Because of your parents' will. They are very nice people"

It didn't answer my question actually. I wanted to know the exact reason why he was here. Like, was he adopted? Or did his parents just give him to my parents? Or did he run from his house and my parents saw him and brought him home? Or maybe-

"Don't think too much about it, okay?" He suddenly said, still didn't have his eyes at me. Suddenly he looked at me, smiling, and said, "Even me myself didn't think of it anymore."

"But I need to know how a guy suddenly get into my home and suddenly became the part of family," I said and realized that my words might be too harsh for him. Somehow I regretted that I said that to him. And I had already promised my mom not to talk about this to him and in front of him. Stupid me. What if he said that I asked about this thing to my mom?

"Don't worry too much, dongsaeng ah~"

With that, I didn't talk anymore and stared at him who swung higher than before.

I'm so curious...

---

I sat down on the couch and the TV. Dad was gone to work and mom went to her friend house, so I was left with Sungyeol hyung and the maids. It had been a long time since I watched Korean TV channels. I missed these funny variety shows. They were somehow different from American's ones.

I heard some footsteps and turned my head to the stairs just to see Sungyeol hyung walked slowly downstairs. He saw me and smiled brightly. He was wearing dark clothes, not the same like what I saw yesterday night. He somehow looked cool, I had to admit that.

"Where are you going?"

"Uhm... Why? Do you want to join?"

"I'm kinda bored to be left all alone in this house"

He took a little time to think then smiled at me and said, "Okay, but let me change my clothes, first"

He didn't give me a chance to ask why and he just turned around and ran upstairs to his room which was next to my room. I shrugged and continued to watch TV. A few minutes later, he went downstairs again and tapped softly at my shoulder. I turned my head and looked at him. He was wearing white tee shirt and black skinny jeans.

"Are you ready?" He asked me. I nodded and his smile grew a bit wider. "Then, let's go." He walked to the shoes rack and pulled out a pair of blue sneakers. I kinda liked his style.

I took my brown sneakers and put them on.

We got into the car and left our house right after that. He the radio and tuned in to the music radio station.

"I don't know what kind of music you like, so yeah," he said and continued with an awkward laughter. I said it was okay since maybe - just maybe - I would like one of the songs that were played on the radio. "Myungsoo ah, where should we go? Amusement park? Mall? Cafe? Or-"

"Amusement park sounds good"

With that, he nodded and drove to the amusement park. It took about 30 minutes to get there. He parked the car then we got out from the car. We bought the ticket and got inside the amusement park right after that.

Suddenly he took my hand. I was shocked so I stopped walking. Realizing that, he turned around and asked, "Something’s wrong, hm?"

"Uhm... You're holding my hand"

"And?"

He looked so cute that made me couldn't say that I felt awkward of him holding my hand. So I just shook my head and gave him a smile. He smiled back at me and we walked again. I didn't know that it was a common thing in Korea for a guy to hold other guys' hands. But, since he was my brother - even he wasn't a blood-related one - , I thought it would just be okay.

We played games and got into some exciting rides. We bought snacks and drinks that were so delicious. He paid for them all. "I'm the elder," he said. The truth, I was okay if he wanted me to pay. He treated me ice cream too and let our legs got some rest.

"Did you have fun?"

I nodded and kept busying myself with my ice cream.

"Tell me when you get bored, okay?"

Once again, I just answered him with a nod. He was staring at the empty spaces, just like what he did this morning in our backyard. When I finished my ice cream, I didn't say anything and just looked at Sungyeol hyung. I was sure that he was thinking of something because he smiled at himself. But it wasn't the sweet smile that I liked; it was a kinda bitter smiled.

"When was the last time you went to this kind of amusement park?" He asked me, without looking at me.

I thought and said, "Maybe 6 months ago. My friends and I went to a big amusement park in America"

"It must be really exciting, right?" He asked, now staring at me with his cute big eyes. I nodded and his lips curled up into a smile. "Someday you have to bring your hyung into that amusement park, okay?"

"Why should I?"

"Because... I said so?" He said and laughed. Ah, whatever, hyung. You were weird one. I only smiled at him. "Why do you like to smirk?" He suddenly asked.

"It's not a smirk, it's a smile. They're different, you know," I said.

"Then show me the difference of yours," he said.

I sighed and shook my head. I smiled and said, "This is smile." Then I turned my smile into a smirk and said, "This is smirk"

"They look almost the same for me," he said, laughing. I shook my head and wondered how this guy could be older than me. He suddenly stood up and cheered, "let's play some more!"

I lazily said, "pull me," and stretched out my hands towards him.

"Just said that you wanna be touch!" He said and pulled me while chuckling himself then walked with me walking behind him and his hand held mine.

Somehow, yes, I like your touch, hyung...

---

"We're home!"

"Kids, you are home already, hm?"

Sungyeol ran in small steps to my mom and hugged her. They parted and she came to me, hugged me too. I hugged her back and patted softly her back. I took a glance at Sungyeol hyung and I saw that bitter smile again. I wondered why he liked to do that. We parted and my mom asked whether we had a good time together. I nodded and she smiled happily. I thought she wanted me to be close to Sungyeol hyung.

"I'm not hungry mom; can I just go to sleep? I'm tired and I decide to go there tomorrow"

My mom nodded and smiled. Sungyeol hyung then just ran away to his room.

'There'? Where is it?

---

[N/A] : Hi guys! *rolling on the floor, giving surprise* I had finished all of my tests already and I missed you guys soooooooo much! *hugs you one by one* sooo our MyungYeol is getting a little bit closer YAY! This chapter is all in Myungsoo's POV because I want you guys to understand how Myungsoo felt about getting closer with Sungyeol kkk and I somehow is planning to make the next chapter to be all in Myungsoo's POV too (but still, it can be changed XD) Hope you guys enjoys thisss! love you guysss! ♥