First Meet

Brother As Lover

Myungsoo walked slowly while pushing his trolley full of his luggage. He felt like he could just sleep anywhere and anytime after a long flight from New York to Seoul. At last after 6 years he lived there, he came back to Korea and would continue his study in Seoul University. He looked for his parents whom he missed so much, but he found no one he knew there. Really. Not even a single person. He sighed. Maybe they were late, he thought. He sighed and sat on the long bench inside the airport.

Suddenly he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around while smiling but just to find someone he didn't know. Annoying? Yes it was. But he seemed to be a nice person, so he smiled at the unknown guy.

"Uhm... Are you Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo?" Asked the unknown guy. Myungsoo was surprised that this guy knew his name. He nodded and suddenly the unknown guy seemed so glad. He smiled at Myungsoo and sat next to him. "Ah, at last I find you. I've been here since 6 pm and finally met you here. What a relieve"

"Okay, okay," Myungsoo said. "But who are you? Do I know you?"

"Ah, I'm sorry I forget to introduce myself. I'm Sungyeol, and I'm your brother," said the unknown guy that named as Sungyeol. "Mom and dad asked me to pick you up from airport because they say my dongsaeng would be home tonight after he went to New York to study," he added. "So let's go home"

Myungsoo's jaw dropped slightly as he heard what Sungyeol guy said before. He. Never. Had. Any. Brother. For God's sake. Never. He scanned the Sungyeol guy from head to toe and back to his head again. Sungyeol looked at him confusedly and looked at his clothes, pants, and shoes. Nothing was wrong, he thought. "Uhm, why are you looking at me like that?" Sungyeol asked.

"Uhm... Nothing," Myungsoo said. "But, are you really searching for me? You know..."

Sungyeol chuckled and smiled at Myungsoo, said, "as long as your name is Kim Myungsoo and you had just arrived from New York, and then I'm really searching for you". Myungsoo doubted him at first, but then nodded after that. "Let' go, mom and dad are waiting for us. She cooked a lot of foods, maybe your favorite foods"

---

Now I was sitting next to the guy who said that he was my brother. Seriously. I had no brother and suddenly he said that thing to me. I didn't call my mom or dad because somehow he really made me believe that he didn't lie to me. Somehow he made me believe in him. Weird it was. He drove the care not too fast, neither too slow. I looked at him - big eyes, chubby cheeks, white skin-

"Uhm, is there something on my face?" He asked me. "You've been staring at me for the whole 5 minutes, you know."

I looked away and answered it with a simple 'no'. But it took only a few minutes for me to take a glance at him again. He looked all happy, smiling to himself - or maybe his face was always like that - but I found something in his eyes. I didn't know what it was but maybe it was... I didn't know... Sadness? But, why?

I sighed and looked away again. There was a long traffic jam in front of us. Urgh, I hated traffic jam.
"Myungsoo, I think you can sleep first, this kind of traffic jams takes a long time," he said to me. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you and will make sure that we will be home as fast as we can. Okay?"

He looked at me with his big eyes. Again, I felt something from his stare. Or maybe I was just thinking too much. I shook my head and said, "No, its okay. I'm not that tired after all"

He nodded slightly a few times and drove the car. "How is it in New York? Ah, you must be so happy," he said. "I only see it in films, and it was so cool" he continued, excitedly. I only nodded without saying a word to him. He tried to asked me thing and I only answered them with simple 'yes', 'no', 'I don't know', and 'cool'. "Ah, you're the type who don't speak much, aren't you?"

"Actually only to the strangers," I said. Even he said he was my brother, he was still a stranger for me after all. It wasn't being harsh, it was just... Just like that. He nodded a few times but the smile never left his face. Was he a kind of idiots of something? "Actually, why are you saying that you are my brother?"

"Because I am?" He said and chuckled. He didn't look at me at all after I said the word 'stranger'. I felt a bit sorry, but he was really a stranger to me. "Don't think too much of it, it will confuse you more," He said and laughed. It confused me already, brother.

"Uhm, he passed the traffic jam already," I said, "So when will we be arrived at home?" I asked. He said that we just needed to turn right once and we would be arrived. I sighed in relieved; at least I wouldn't be all awkward like this anymore. Actually he drove well, maybe I would ask him to teach me how to drive a car, so we wouldn't be awkward like this anymore.

At last he stopped the car in front of a big white house. Since my parents said that they had moved 2 years ago, I didn't know my house anymore and could only believe that Sungyeol wasn't a bad guy that wanted to kidnap me. But I thought he was a nice guy after all, so I was kinda sure that he wouldn't lie to me... Right?

"What? Don't you want to get out from the car?" He asked me, smiling. I was taken back from my thoughts and quickly got out from the car. "Don't worry about your luggage; I'll take care of them. Just get inside, mom and dad is waiting for you," he said after rolled his car window down. The smile hadn't left his face yet and that made him... Cute? Ah, I thought I was crazy.

I nodded and I went inside. Ah, he was really a nice guy. He didn't lie to me. Hahaha. As I went inside, I saw my mom and hugged her tightly. I missed her so much. He said dad would come home late since he had a meeting. I nodded and she asked me to sit with her. We talked about how we missed each other so much, that I looked more handsome than before, that I changed my haircut, we talked about important things. Suddenly Sungyeol came inside with my luggage.

"Sungyeol, are you okay?"

He only nodded as the answer to my mom's question. He placed my luggage right beside the stairs.

"Sungyeol ah, would you join us to eat?"

He shook his head and said, "I think I'm not hungry, mom. It's okay." He smiled and went upstairs. I looked at my mom and she sighed.

"Mom, actually why did he say that he is my brother?" I asked her. "I don't get it. I'm the only son in this family, right?"

"Myungsoo ah, can you not discuss this in front of him?" She asked. "Just pretend that he's your real brother. Can you do that?"

I nodded slowly. I couldn't say no to my mom after all.

But I really wanted to know what actually was going on.

---

[N/A] : So this is the first update! a little bit boring, I know..... but I'll make sure that it would be better ;) keep watching guysss :D enjoys this fic ♥