There was one more glass of wine to serve

Black Heart

Sohee wiped a sweat drop sliding down her cheek. She didn't know if it was the excitement or the horror she'll be facing during the ball. Maybe both, she came to conclusion.

 

“Excuse me!” The slight push on the shoulder cut her thoughts off abruptly.

 

Instead of dressing in her normal black pantsuit, she was dressed in a navy sleeveless shift dress with black leggings. Her hair was pulled harshly behind her ears into a bun like many other waitresses serving tonight. No one could tell them the apart, they all have the exact look and outfit except the name tags.

 

She placed a tray of glasses of red wine on her left hand and walked out of the busy kitchen. Before she took any more steps, she quickly straightened her posture and put on a welcoming smile, like the usual.

 

Everyone and everything looked grand in the ballroom. The magnificent decorations to delicate elements on the dresses. Even the music playing to her ears were thrilling. She never seen anything like it.

 

She walked to her section where mostly older men are accompanying each other. Sohee was glad she had this part of the room, she didn't know how she would survive if she was placed in the snobby rich girls section.

 

I guess this isn't too bad.

 

She walked around the room and served the drinks. It seems like every man had a glass of wine. She looked down on her tray and there was one more to serve, but she decided to head back kitchen to refill it anyway. However, before she could take a step farther, a hand carefully took the last glass off her tray. Sohee stopped in her track and was about to give a friendly nod to whoever the new owner of the wine is.

 

It's him.

 

She shallowed hard and felt her hands trembling.

 

Why was he here?

 

Questions filled her head within seconds. What was she going to do next?

 

His eyes were dark, filled with regrets. He wanted to talk to her, maybe even hold her. As he stepped forward, she followed her gut feeling and backed away. Her shoulder knocked a man's drink out of his hand and a sound of breaking glass twinge her ears.

 

“I'm sorry mister! Are you okay?” She knew she said something but she felt speechless. Tongue-tied.

 

The man face redden and was embarrassed. Everyone knew he won't leave this incident quietly without some yelling and disciplining.

 

“It's my fault, I'm sorry Mr. Su! I didn't see her and accidentally pushed her to you.” He walked pass her and shook hands with the man. By now, a few waiters were cleaning up the pile of wet glasses.

 

Sohee only stood there, with her head and eyes down. Ready for what may come.

 

Bite your lips, if you have to.

 

Mr. Su cleared his throat and unkindly said, “You better thank Mr. Ok Taecyeon here. You may go now.”

 

“Thank you Mr. Ok.” She bowed to him and to Mr. Su. “Again, I'm very sorry Mr. Su. It will not happen in the future. Please return and enjoy the rest of your evening.”

 

She avoided his worried look and turned around. Sohee wasn't planning to go back to the kitchen, instead she entered a hallway with many entrances to storage rooms. She randomly pick one and hasty opened it.

 

dropped. She was shocked, confused, even disgusted.

 

Before her eyes, there was an woman whose dress was slightly falling off, exposing more cleavage. She was shocked, just like Sohee, maybe even more. Then there was a younger man with the dusty blonde hair and piercing dark brown eyes. Awkwardly, he was calm and expressionless. His hand was still against the wall and the other was behind the woman's back. The room was dim but was bright enough for her to observe what the couple were doing.

 

“I—I'm so sorry!” Is all she could choke out at that moment. Her fingers were still wrapped around the door knob and with all her strength she, pulled the door shut.

 

What is happening? Chaos after chaos. This is bad, very bad.

 

.

 

“I knew this was a bad idea!”

 

Jiyong her cheek to calm. Then she brushed her lips against his palm. “Don't worry. Nothing can expose us.”

 

He leaned down and kissed softly on her neck. “Not even her.”

 

The woman placed her hands on his chest, pushing him off her. She didn't want him to stop but this can't continue. She pulled her dress up and fixed her curls, “We have to find that girl before she does something.”

 

She smoothed out her dress and said, “I'll leave first. I'll see you out there.”

 

Jiyong only nodded as she blowed him a kiss and left. He sighed. His pleasure for the night ended a little too fast than he expected. At least, he was done collecting information out of her. Then his thoughts were on the girl.

 

Must be a waitress.

 

He quickly ignored it when he figure out she was not a threat. But he couldn't stop chuckling to himself, her confused facial expression played again and again in his head.

 

Then he heard his phone ringed and answered it. “Hello Mr. Park.”

 

“Nichkhun found out about the stolen money but he didn't mentioned any other details. I am flying back to New York tonight. I hope the rest of the files are useful to you.” Without saying goodbye, Mr. Park hung up.

 

Jiyong closed his eyes. He needed to get into the Horvejkul Enterprise. He needed to go in deeper in order to bring it down.

 

Without another thought, he left the room. When he closed the door, something on the floor, near the doorway, caught his attention. It was a name tag. He smiled amusingly as he read the name.

 

Ahn Sohee. Pretty name.


.
 

Vally
Monday January 9, 2012