It’s going to be a long night, isn’t it

Black Heart

Nichkhun was in his office room, flipping through the paperwork one last time when his mother walked in the room anxiously. She looked at her son sharply, “Why aren’t you dressed? You only have two hours until the ball starts!”

He looked up and scratched the back of his head dumbfounded and gave his mother a baby smile, “Sorry eomeoni, I was just looking through the company paperwork and I didn’t realize the time passed so quickly.”

His mother shook her head as she raised her hands to her hips. She was busy the whole day, arranging and organizing the ball—totally forgetting about her workaholic son. Sighing, she said, “Nichkhun—”

He swiftly stood up and stopped his mother from speaking any farther, “I got it eomeoni!”

He put his arms around his mother and slowly leading her out of his office, “I won’t be late for your special ball. I promise.”

Accomplished making his mother to the doorway, she stopped in her trace and said, “Okay, okay. I just want to tell you to look extra handsome, extra charming today. I have my eyes on some young women for you to meet.”

He stared at his mother as she giggled excitedly which sounded evil to his ears. Before he could retort, his mother shove both of his cheeks together, creating a fish face and said, “Your tux and shoes are in your room. I’ll see you later!”

With that, she skipped down the hall like a happy little girl. Nichkhun couldn’t help but laugh how childish his mother is yet felt frustrated about it. He didn’t want to meet women, not yet. He was still anxious and confused about his former girlfriend.

.

Yoona sighed as she gazed at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair has been neatly combed back into a cheeky but sophisticated bun and her face was covered with a light sheer foundation and a pink glow on both cheeks.

“Almost—done—down—here,” Tiffany mumbled as she kept a needle steady between her lips, since both of her hands were busy fixing the bottom of Yoona’s ball gown.

Yoona heard her friend and looked down desperately and whined, “Faaannny! Pretty please come to the Horvejkul Ball.”

Tiffany grinned as she wiped the non-exist dust off the bottom of the dress. “I already told you, Hyori is going to be there and my boss too. If my boss find out who I am and where I come from—”

“—I understand,” Yoona sighed loudly, “You’re not going and Seung-hyun oppa is not going. Who’s going to keep me company?”

“Very rich and young men. Especially with this gown, you will be the spotlight.” Tiffany replied with much confidence in her voice. She glanced at her work of art. The beige-white dress was simple and elegant yet there’s something about it that is overtly y. It provided for a nice reveal of her and displayed the curve of her body.

Yoona grunted. Spotlight? She never really like the attention or maybe she always thought it’s something negative when people stare at her.

“Look at you, you’re beautiful,” Tiffany continued as she looked at herself and Yoona’s reflection in the mirror.

Yoona hesitated and didn’t even give the dress another glance, “I wish you could come.”

Tiffany almost rolled her eyes and sighed, “You will be fine, darling. Anyways, I gotta run. I have a client complaining that her dress is too small. She probably gained weight over the week because I never measure wrong.”

Tiffany quickly packed her tools into her bag and gave Yoona a quick peck on her cheek, “Have fun! Call me later tonight.”

On her way out, she turned back and continued, “I wanna know everything!” Tiffany grinned and gave Yoona her smiley eyes.

Yoona smiled and waved goodbye. She turned back to the mirror and whispered to herself, “It’s going to be a long night, isn’t it?”

.

As Sohee was loosening up her black tie around her neck, getting ready to go home, her manager walked in, “Oh good, you’re still here!” She said in relieve.

Sohee turned around and now, untying her black tie, “Yes?”

“Well, one of the employees who suppose to be working at the Horvejkul Ball tonight just called in sick. At the moment, they can’t find a replacement and called us if anyone qualified for it. I think you will be the perfect for the job.” Her manager said.

Sohee hesitated a bit. Seeing rich people, actually, seeing rich arrogant mothers and their snobby daughters can be very irritating. Especially for her to serve them at the ball, she might not handle it well.

Her manager saw her being uncertain and said, “We will pay you over-time.”

Sohee felt unsure but she needed the money to pay her three months overdue rent. With not another thought, she agreed to be the replacement waiter.

.

Vally
Sunday January 16, 2011