Chapter 4

He's A Prince and I'm A Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My new job?

because of my sadness, i didn't attend the classes for 2 days and locked myself in my room.

"Sica-yah!!! I know you're sad because you are fired by Mrs. Han, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't attend school!" umma said angrily. 

"Umma. you've never been this angry before..  I'm sorry umma." i replied as i lowered my tone.

"don't worry Sica! umma will help you find another job." umma said and gave me a tap on my head.

"neh! kamsahamnida umma!!" i said as i tried to cheer up.

 

----turning the pages of the newspaper, looking for another job----

 

"umma i found something. a part time job in a burger shop. Requirements; should know how to cook!" i said, showing umma the page where the job is posted.

 

"Aishh! Sicaa!! you still don't know yourself!" umma said as she closed the newspaper.

"Why umma? What are you trying to say?" i asked.

 

"Do you remember? when you were cooking fried egg last month? YOU CAUSED FIRE! and that's why we used all the money we saved to rent an apartment unit for 10 months, it'll be enough until we can save enough money to go to your grandma's house at Busan." umma said recalling what happened.

 

"Okay! Okay! I'll look for another job." I sighed.

"OH! Jessica, look!" umma suddenly shouted.

 

i went closer to umma as she started to read the application:

"hiring a personal maid, tomorrow at 4:50pm. if you get accepted, pay will be 35000 won an hour. just get this job sica! this way, it'll take 3 months to save up money, after 3 months, you resign and we can go to Busan" mom said excitedly. 

 

"hmmm.. okay i'll try" i replied as i opened my cellphone and dialed someone's number.

"yeoboseyo" someone replied.

"OH! Seohyun-ah~" i said.

" YAH JESSICA!!! HOW DARE YOU CALL AT A TIME LIKE THIS! WE HAVE A LOT OF THINGS TO TALK ABOUT!!!" Seohyun exclaimed.

"Arraso, arraso! but first, i need to tell you something!" I said.

"And what could that be?" Seohyun asked.

"Seohyun~ah... i'm looking for a new job, and i'm going to have an inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter