The Ruler, The Sunlight, The Fierce Warrior, and The Good Boy

Ice melts with Ice

Chapter 8: The Ruler, The Sunlight, The Fierce Warrior, and The Good Boy

 

In the end, after escaping from Il Bum's sidekick, it's best to be on their ways considering how Kai despised Min Jung as much as she does while Taemin just wasn't fond with her despite that he was the first person to know her plan of escaping, so sticking till the end of the day really isn't the best idea.

Unfortunately, as soon as Min Jung got to her apartment, all her things were being thrown out by the landlady. While the old woman growled how a wretched being is a disgrace to be living in her apartment, Min Jung just stared down at her blankly, since she was likely 2 feet taller than her.

The whole day, Min Jung tried to find a place to stay with her little money but luck wasn't on her side. Other apartments have erted landlords, others have no vacancy, and so far, the cheapest ones were friends of her previous landlady so they all rejected her.

11:50, The young lass finally stopped at the SM Building with air coming out from because of the cold weather. It was kinda lucky that she only had a few things to carry since half of her past belongings were lost by some unfortunate events.

She entered the dance studio with ease because of the key that Il Bum gave her since she was an early bird and that place slowly became her routine first thing in the morning. She tried to find the light switch but got annoyed after a few minutes of searching.

"Dammit.." ,she muttered as she dropped her bags on the floor and slowly collapsed on the hard concrete floor. Little did she know, someone was watching her from behind.

 

 

"Osamu! Haru! Takeshi! Yoshiro!~" a nine year old Min Jung called out inside the huge sanctuary that looks like a paradise. The butler behind her shivered in fear as some of her pets responded. Right on cue, a tiger, a grizzly bear, and a crocodile slowly approaches her from their place.

"M-miss Lee..? You called four b-but.. why are they only three..?" the butler stuttered as he held their food carefully, afraid that if he dropped a single one, they would attack.

"Hmm.." Min Jung wondered while lying on the back of her crocodile. "You can just leave it there, Keitarou." she said in a monotone without looking at him.

"Hai.." he squeaked accidentally as he stupidly dropped the fish from the bowl. The bear stared at him deadly and before he could ever escape, Min Jung hissed.

"Matte!"

His eyes fell out of his sockets as he felt something gripping on his legs. He wanted to take a peek but the girl stopped him from doing so. She rolled her eyes from his state and called her last pet. "Takeshi!"

The snake stopped going up to his legs and quickly went to his owner. Min Jung shook her head as the inland taipan went to her arm. Her face of disappointment didn't change and the snake looked away, like it was guilty. Keitarou's jaw drops at the sight. He slowly made his way to escape after placing their food down until his eyes were at shock.

The mistress who never smiled, has her lips curved up into one as she hugged Takeshi gently. "You're really hungry, aren't you?"

The snake replied with a hiss and so were her other pets. While locking eyes with Haru, she questioned, "Aren't you gonna leave yet?"

The butler snapped out of its daze, "A-ah.. h-hai, wakarimaa.." he bowed at her and left the sanctuary.

"Naze, Haru?" she tilted her head at her grizzly bear.

...

"Naze?" all eyes were on Haru.

...

"But it was only an accident. He didn't mean it, Haru." she reasoned but she didn't know what she was saying as well.

...

"Hmm.. Go do your business then."

The next morning, Min Jung was scolded for allowing Haru to eat Keitarou that night. Keitarou was rather clumsy but quite loyal to them even being the youngest.

"Not my fault or even Haru's. He told me that Keitarou always disturbs him every night. He wouldn't lie to me. I don't even trust that stupid guy." she mumbled the last part.

"He was switching off the lights in the sanctuary!" her father explained.

"And how many times have I told him that the boys can do that by themselves when I wasn't around?" Min Jung stated.

Before her parents could reason, Min Jung screamed, "Don't tell me they sometimes forget to turn it off! If they were, then it'd be better if he just left it open!!"