Mute

Ice melts with Ice

Chapter 4: Mute

 

"You've been a very wise and reasonable man but, what kind of suggestion are you offering me to recommend?" Soo Man asked as he arranges files of hidden profiles.

This happened before Il Bum went to their meeting this morning. He went to Soo Man for a brief conversation about something peculiar and secretive.

"Sir, this is not just a common remarkable decision. I assure you, this will capture attention from billions of people from its remarkable embrace." he pleaded with his eyes sparkling.

Soo Man sighed. "2 years and a half."

Il Bum's shoulders deflated. "Oh come on, you're not sure yet so how about trusting me a little?"

Soo Man looked at him as if he was crazy. "If nothing surprises me after a year, then believe it or not, no matter how much you've been effective these years, you're fired."

Il Bum gulped as he pulled his tie along with his hat before leaving the room. "You won't regret it."

 

 

Kai and Taemin's jaws drop at his statement, which Min Jung said to him. She just dared judging them on the first thing of their introduction?

Seeing how the room got quieter after his statement, he nudged the two statues. "Hey, what happened to you guys? If you wanna dump your black banana, don't do it infront of a girl."

At his joke, the two of them instantly woke up from their senses and bore lasers onto Il Bum's head. "What did I say?" he innocently asked.

Kai turned to Min Jung. "We're not that kind of people. You have no idea who you're meesing with."

Min Jung rolled her eyes as she stuck out her tongue and Kai twitched in irritation when she did that.

"Wait wait, you knew what she meant? You and your japanese words.. Come on, tell me. My is aching in curiosity." Il Bum whined while the three had a staring competition, ignoring the pitiful man at the center.

"How did you even know how to speak Japanese or was that just one of your tacticts when you're talking to someone?" Taemin gritted his teeth.

Min Jung crossed her arms on her chest when Il Bum suddenly stopped them. "Hey hey, stop it. We're not here to fight." he held Taemin's chest.

"And why are you on her side? Do you like her or something?" Kai angrily spat and by then, he crossed the line.

"I have a wife, Jong In!" Il Bum snarled, extremely crossed.

"Your daughter?" Taemin crossed his arms.

Il Bum finally shouted at the two in front of Min Jung. Taemin and Kai were already used being yelled at from Il Bum. Min Jung wondered as well, why was he siding with her until he answered her question.

"Can't you see that you three are just as harsh as you are!?" he finally growled and the three of them had their eyes slightly widened.

Silence filled the room. Nobody dared to move especially Il Bum who stayed on his position, boaring holes into their heads. All of a sudden, someone entered the room, it was the same trainee girl who intruded the same room when Kai and Taemin was practicing.

"Oh snap, am I disturbing something..?" the girl shyly held the doorknob. The four of them stared at her for a moment. "I heard someone shouting and I couldn't help but find out."

Seeing how they didn't respond, she spoke again. "I-I'm sorry.. I guess I should be going.." she slowly closed the door until Il Bum ran towards her to stop.

"No No No No No~," he denied in failed english. "It's because of the music, yeah, Ha ha, it's too loud as you can see.." he awkwardly laughed.

"A-Ah, I see.." she nodded in understanding.

Il Bum opened the door widely to let her enter. She bowed for letting her intrude and met eyes with Min Jung. " Wow~ You're a true beauty.." she commented.

Min Jung looked away, not because she was flattered but she didn't like it when people judge her in any way. On the side, Kai was whispering to Il Bum who was just right beside him.

"Music, yeah right. There's not even a single beat to your sermon." he smirked.

Il Bum closed his eyes. "Shut up before I punch you here and right now."

He approached the two girls with a 180 degree change. "So, what's yu talkin' 'bout?" he asked in failed english and to his luck, the other girl understood him.

"Oh, I was just asking her name but it seems she's to shy to speak." she carefully said. She eyed Min Jung before whispering something to Il Bum.

"Sir, is she mute or something?" she asked as low as she could but the two boys heard it.

"Yeah hyung! Maybe she's just mute or something!" Kai said, loud enough for Min Jung to hear.

"I told you.. I already heard her sing!" he gritted his teeth at them before talking to the girl outside.

"I didn't catch your name, what was it again?" he asked as he placed his arm around her shoulder. The girl eyed his arm before responding to him timidly. " Uh-uhm.. Lee Soo Hyun..?"

"Ohohoho! Is that so! Then I have a task for you." he said and he immediately closed the door so they won't hear.

Taemin looked at Kai. "I still wonder why Sir Soo Man hasn't fired him yet.."

"Beats me" Kai shrugged and they realized they were not alone as they turned their gaze from the door, to that quiet girl.