002 - Luminous

That Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two
                          {Luminous

 

 

 

 

I cursed inwardly beneath my breath over and over again. 

She's seriously coming, is she? I chewed on my lower lip, gripping on to the steering wheel tighter. 

"Noona, are you sure you're coming? You know those guys are douchebags" My eyebrows furrowed as I glanced at the backseat, seeing them all in their skimpy party outfits. The expression shown clearly on my face soured even more when I spotted her sporting a revealing black dress that exposed her entire back. My lips curled up into a suppressed snarl. Her going to that goddamned party is like feeding her to the wolves.

Mannerless wolves.

erted mannerless wolves. 

erted mannerless wolves that could jump on her at any moment and-- I don't even want to picture it out. 

Or in other words, just plain meatheads who have no respect for women.

"Why not, Yonggie?" my sister snorted from the passenger seat beside me, making me sigh in exasperation. "Those guys are no good. Why do you even want to hang out with them?"

"Why do you hang out with them?"  

My gaze shifted towards her. Sandara.

Her head was tilted to a slight, curious angle as she looked right at me through the rearview mirror. The soft curls of her luscious chocolate hair flowed down to frame her perfectly scuplted face and rest on her bare, snow white shoulder. She looked exactly like a painting.

I sighed and pursed my lips, not knowing a proper answer. She's right. Sandara's right. Why do I hang out with them? 

"See! If you can hang out with them, why can't us? Come on, Jingyo! We just won a competition! Let loose and grab a drink or two for once, will ya'?" Dami noona smirked triumphantly, folding her arms over her chest as her friends followed with various aggrements and whines that were egging me on. "Unnie is right, Ji," Her gentle voice stood out over the shrill noises the other girls were making, even my sister's. I sighed deeply for the nth time. How can I argue with the sole girl that I desire? 

"Whatever." I snorted, clearly annoyed as I sped faster. 

I want this night to be over with a soon as possible. 

 

 

................................................................

 

 

 

Loud music blared from the speakers and combined with the loud chatters and boisterous laughter. The party was in heat, everyone was going wild. Various vases were broken, couples were making out at every corner, fights between drunk testosterone-raging males erupted-- it was chaos. I snorted. I see this type of everyday. 

But worst of all, they were all drooling over my Sandara. 

My Sandara.

As soon as we arrived, the girls confidently strutted in the party and everyone's attention darted towards them. After all, that bunch of cheerleaders were known as the most popular girls in school. I could tell you honestly, I don't even like my sister's friends. But I wouldn't interfere with her life and tell her about my opinions on her social life. If I did, she'd beat the out of me until I pass out in a pool of my blood. Her friends mean everything to her, no matter how y and annoying they are.

Noona definitely loved the attention. She smirked right away when someone howled her name and wolf-whistled like a hormonal ape. I wouldn't be surprised though, my sister is beautiful. 

Her friends loved it as well; even the erted looks the guys were giving them. Who wouldn't stare at them if it weren't for those dresses they're wearing that barely covered their asses? Hot, I admit. But they're just not for me. Only one girl is for me...

All but one girl enjoyed the attention. It was that girl trailing behind my sister while holding on to her arm and ducking her head lowly.  Sandara was definitely not the type that liked guys shooting her lingering stares with bad intentions. It made her uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure most of those suggestive looks and erted whistles were directed to that one timid, yet glimmering girl.

My blood slowly started to boil. How I wish I could just take of this hoodie, wrap it around her, and drag her home. 

Indeed, she was beautiful. She glowed. She sparkled. She gave out light on her own. She was luminous. 

I turned my back for a second just to grab a drink and when I look back, noona already dragged Sandara away to somewhere out of my sight.

"Damn it," I swore under my breath.

It's troublesome, her beauty. Even though that quality of hers made me fall for her, it just makes others fall for her too. it! It's so damn difficult to be in love with a goddess! I can't let her out of my sight or some guy might steal her away! 

I let out a throaty growl as I searched for her in the crowd, only to find her caught in a tight embrace with a tall and voluptuous girl with bright red hair, her best friend, Park Bom. I exhaled in relief, it's good to see that she's in good hands. 

"Dara-yah!!!!!!" 

"Bommie!!!!" 

They both squealed as the jumped around in their embrace as if they haven't seen each other in ages. For God's sake, they saw each other just a couple of hours ago at school! I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Women." 

I watched them both giggle and gossip with each other. Bom leaned in towards her and whispered in her ear, making her pouty lips curl up into a bright smile. Unknowingly, I smiled as well. 

"You know, you're acting like such a stalker."

I jolted upwards in shock as I heard a foreign voice right beside me. I turned to the source and groaned. "Yah Dong Youngbae, you bastard! Don't sneak up on me again!" I lightly punched him in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter