001- In Love

That Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One
                           {In Love

 

 

 

 

Blood was everywhere.

 

I was lying on the ground. They left me here, bleeding and half-alive. My hands trembled as I tried to get up, but I failed to do so, crashing back down on the broken glass. The fragments pierced my skin and I bled more. I felt numb and weak. My breath was shortening.

 

The blood and sweat flowing down my foreahead was blinding me, but I could still see the crackling fire through my blurry vision. It was burning down wherever they took me. Smoke accumulated in my lungs and the metallic taste of blood stung my tongue. The bitter taste was not pleasant, but I could honestly tell you that this tasted and felt sweeter than the pain I have endured all these years. What I am feeling now is nothing compared to the searing pain that consumed me throughout the time I was in love with her. I was becoming lightheaded, gradually losing consciousness. Ever so slowly, my eyes fluttered close.

 

They say death was peaceful...

 

They were right.

 

See, I'm dying for you.

 

Is that enough for you to let go of his hand?  Is this the price I pay for falling in love with you? 

 

Darkness came by miniscule inches, until it engulfed me in its boundless pit. Everything was pitch black, and I laid there; motionless. It felt as if I was exiled into a deep trench of nothingness.

 

 

 

Without warning, a burst of blinding light manifested before my eyes.

 

 

 

Blurry images of my life came flashing past. They sped through different scenarios embedded into the dark depths of the archives of my mind. Good ones and bad ones came. Happy and sad. Every single moment. As if I was flipping through a picture album of memories that defined my life. I saw my childhood, the first ever time I stood onstage to perform in our school band, the nervous expression on my face when I sat in the principal's office whenever I got in trouble. Then, I saw her. 

 

 

It suddenly stopped.

 

No. It just went slower.

 

 

 

 

 

....................................

 

 

 

"Dara, I heard you're getting lots of admirers nowadays..."

 

I cringed inwardly. Why did appa have to mention that?

 

"Ah. Neh," she awkwardly nodded. "I've been getting flowers to be sent for you lately..." he continued, giving her a look.

 

Flowers? What flowers?

 

"Ah...Really?" she giggled. The corners of my mouth curled into a deep frown. Flowers? "Lots of admirers. They've been sending love letters, bouquets, perfume, the works" A crease formed on my forehead. My jaw became rigid. How dare them. Of all the girls, why her?

 

"All of them were asking permission from me to date you."

 

Everybody gasped. She froze and looked down, blushing. Her friends nudged her playfully and gave her knowing looks. My gaze locked at her, sending desperate pleas. I wanted to get up and lock myself in my room. I couldn't stand it.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter