Summoned to the Palace (Minstal version)

The Throne

 

Hihi, finally the promised Minstal chapter is here!

Remember to comment your thoughts about splitting the fic into 2 sister fics XD

And just a warning, this chapter may be a bit more vulgar, and MInho's character a bit more intolerable.

But I guess it's logical, since Minho hated the Jung family for causing the death of his uncle

But do comment if it's a bit extreme or anything XD

Nevertheless, hope that you guys enjoy this chapter! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You are not the Mistress of the Choi family, you’re just a servant.”

Minho’s words keep ringing in her mind as she stared at the sedan chair beside her. There Minho was seated in the sedan chair while she? Minho ordered her to walk by the side.

Maybe it’s already good enough. He could have come up with worse things like making me crawl my way there. Soojung comforted herself, finding a positive aspect to everything that goes her way in a negative manner. However, every human has his own limitation, not to even talk about Soojung, a petite lady who had been walking for who knows how much distance under the bright scorching sun. She felt herself unable to hold on any longer when the scorching sun threw her mind into a whirlwind. Then, with a blink of an eye, she fell to the ground.

“Master, Mistress has fainted!” The sedan chair lifter exclaimed as he commanded the rest to stop their movement.

“Such a trouble,” Minho growled to himself before getting off the sedan chair and approached his wife. He lifted her up and carried her bridal-style into the sedan chair. She’s pretty light, I would say, he thought to himself and placed her beside him inside the sedan chair. Then the sedan chair continued to move its way to the palace.

There were moments with steep turns and Soojung swayed along with the turns, until finally she collapsed and leaned beside Minho. Minho sensed her presence very near him and was about to turn and push her away when he stopped in his movements as his gaze loitered to her face.

She’s really pretty. He thought to himself.

But you’re part of the Jung. That defines everything.

He decided that he should not be lenient, not even a teeny weenie bit, to the lady beside him.

He shook her shoulders in an attempt to wake her up from her unconscious state.

Her eyes were struggling to open…and when she finally did, he took into his.

The best way to torment a person is to hurt her physically, and psychologically.

He was going to make himself a nightmare to her.

He bit her lower lip till blood trickled down and felt by his tongue. She must have felt that pain sensation. That thought made him smile.

She was struggling to push herself away from him, but he was so much larger in size than her, and accompanied with the fact that he was lying on top of her, it was almost impossible for her to escape his clutches.

Tears trickled down her cheeks and into his mouth as well. He felt the saltiness of the taste. He knew that she was crying. He should be happy about this, shouldn’t he? Yet why was he feeling this tiny bit of loss? Something inside him was questioning his actions, whether it was something right to do, or not. Perhaps it was his conscience. He halted in his actions, having a mental struggle between the angel and devil inside him. Just that moment, Soojung took the chance to push him away and gave him a tight hard slap.

*Pia*

He widened his eyes. Was it an awakening slap? Or was it a slap that furthered their distance?

“You slapped me?” Minho grunted.

“Why can’t I do so,” it was not a question. It was a statement; a defining statement.

He took in a deeper breath and let the devil inside him overrule the angel. He slammed the seat in the sedan chair and lowered himself towards Soojung once more. He saw her tremble.

A wicked smile, he replied, “Always think of the consequences before you do something,” and took into his once more.

She bit him. She relented.

“How dare you bite me!” He shouted in the sedan, not worrying if anyone else heard his words.

He slapped her back.

“Forget it. I’m no longer in the mood.” He resumed his seat at the other side of the sedan chair.

Soojung could only sob, she could only blame on her fate. She wondered how the man who gave her blankets is the same man that just violated her. When they arrived at the palace, they saw Jinri and Taemin walking towards one of the ‘Place’ in the palace. Soojung could only lower her head in an attempt to hide the slap marks that Minho had ‘rewarded’ her with.

Yet Jonghyun, the ever meticulous guy, saw the abnormal behavior in her.

“Soojung, what happened to you?” Jonghyun questioned, not even considering the presence of King Taein that made his sudden outburst so disrespectful.

“I’m…alright.” Soojung managed a lie.

“You’re definitely not alright!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “Lift up your head.”

“Advisor Kim, I believe this is not your position to talk to my wife.” Minho interrupted.

King Taein had a rough idea of the happenings. He knew about the grudges the Choi family had with the Jung family, and he guessed that Minho had an idea about it as well. However, he knew that in order to achieve great things, some people had to be sacrificed, and that included Jung Soojung.

“Jonghyun, I don’t think we should meddle in their family affairs.” King Taein spoke up, signaling Jonghyun to not harp on the matter anymore.

“But King Taein…”

“Advisor Kim!” King Taein raised his voice.

“Then King Taein, can I request for a quick catch-up with my friend Soojung over there?” Jonghyun made his last bet.

Knowing that Jonghyun is very persistent in this, King Taein gave in. “Alright, just a couple of minutes.”

“Thank you King Taein.” Jonghyun thanked the King and grabbed Soojung’s hands and brought her outside the grand hall.

Once Soojung was out of Minho’s sight, she no longer bothered to hide her emotions. Her eyes were filled with tears as she looked at Jonghyun. He was one of her childhood friends along with her unnie. She knew that he was a great loyal friend. He would always be alongside her whenever she encounters problems.

“Soojung, what happened?” A 12 year old Jonghyun approached an 8 year old Soojung.

“He took my sweet!” Soojung wailed.

And then Jonghyun ran after the boy that Soojung pointed at until she could no longer see the 2 of them.

Minutes later…

“Is this the sweet?” Jonghyun panted as he stopped in front of her, holding a sweet that he had snatched from the boy, leaving the guy crying and insisting that the sweet is his.

“Not this one!” Soojung continued to wail.

Okay, as much as Jonghyun was not able to get back the right sweet that time, it did prove his loyalty and chivalry towards friends. Thus, Soojung was able to let down her guards in front of him and showed him the soft side of her; the side of her that was easily hurt. She told him what had happened between Minho and her during the trip.

“That beast! Soojung, I’m really sorry for making you end up like this…” He touched the side of the cheek that Minho had slapped. Jonghyun blamed himself. He blamed his ridiculous plan. What using a marriage to counter another marriage? If not for his stupid idea, Soojung would still probably be leading a blissful life in the Jung residence and not looking all down and hurt as she is right now.

“Stupid, what are you saying? It’s not your fault.” Soojung replied, managing a smile. That made Jonghyun all the guiltier towards her. He took her into an embrace and repeated, “You don’t know, it’s my entire fault.” Soojung cried into his shoulders.

After a couple of seconds, Soojung decided that she should not be like this anymore.

“Jonghyun, you’re full of ideas. Teach me what to do.”

Jonghyun thought for a moment. “Teach him that you’re not a weak person. Should he attempt another attack on you, attack him back. You did a good job by biting him. Continue it like this.”

“But he’s so strong…” Soojung explained her worries, “and he slapped me after I bit him.”

“Slap him back! Or I say Soojung, just deal with him with every opportunity you have.”

She took in his words and nodded.

Soon they re-entered the grand hall.

“So my Soojung, finally caught up with your lover?” Minho mocked.

“Choi Minho, insult me for all you want, but don’t taint my good friend.” Soojung replied.

So she was speaking up for her good friend? Minho absolutely did not like that.

“Whoever that is, Jung Soojung, please act decent in front of King Taein. Don’t disgrace me.” Minho retorted.

“Who’s the one being indecent, we all know. Don’t bother hiding it, Choi Minho.” Soojung retorted.

Now he was surprised at that. What happened to the Soojung who looked all weak and pitiful just now? Was it something that the damn advisor said to her? That’s why she’s now being so unafraid of me? Minho thought to himself.

GREAT! Just act this way, keep it up Jung Soojung! Soojung encouraged herself. She glanced towards Jonghyun who secretly gave her thumbs up. She smiled back in return.

Just then, Minho intercepted their gaze. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw his eyes instead of Jonghyun.

“So Jung Soojung, you really have a lover right there,” Minho spoke into her ears in a deadly tone. “I’ll deal with you when we get out.”

Minho excused himself and Soojung and they left the grand hall.

Once they stepped out, Minho cornered Soojung.

“So what did I miss out while you two were out there?” he questioned.

“What do you think?” Soojung glared back at him.

“A little smooching, or something more?” Minho bore his eyes into her.

“Choi Minho, stop throwing all your filthy thoughts into me!” Soojung retorted.

“Oh, so I’m filthy, and you’re not? Wow, the Jung family is clean. That’s something that I have not heard before.” Minho mocked.

“Why are you implicating my family into our personal grudges?”

“Why not? Your family killed my uncle!” Minho shouted at her.

What did he just say? How could it be possible?

“Impossible! No one told me about it!” Soojung yelled back in disbelief.

“Impossible? Go back and ask your parents.” Minho replied and walked away, leaving a Soojung still shaken by the information Minho had just accidentally revealed to her.