Summoned to the Palace (Taelli version)

The Throne

 

Thanks for all the support to the recent chapter!

@Ekus16: alright i will keep writing so you should keep reading XD

Presenting to all of you the Taelli segment :D

Sorry Minstal fans yall need to wait for some time for the minstal segment >< I'm already trying to rush the chapters, but i guess it's the difficulty juggling with 2 main otps ><

Anyway or would you all prefer splitting the fic into 2 so that each of the fic focus on only 1 otp? Do comment below your opinions :D

And lastly, hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Due to the recent 2 marriages that caused a storm to the Chosun dynasty, King Taein specifically requested the 2 wed couples to enter the palace for some normal greetings.

“Choi Jinri, get ready. We’re heading to the palace.” Taemin informed, trying to sound indifferent in from of her. Truth is, he really did not know how to deal with her. He’s afraid that being too nice to her would make her disregard him even more. However, no matter how much he knew she wanted to be the Queen, he also felt sorry for her being a pawn in the Choi and Lee rebel plan, being used in the arranged marriage. He stared at her face for seconds, and then left the room.

“Such an aloof guy,” Jinri muttered to herself. Then an idea came into her plan. She’s going to the palace! That’s the best chance for her! She would be able to meet the royalties and maybe if she was lucky enough to capture the attention of one of them… Jinri laughed at her own thoughts. Hwaiting! She encouraged herself.

Taemin and Jinri left for the palace in a sedan chair.

“Taemin, I want you to divorce Jinri right now!” Lee Teuk demanded.

“Sorry, I cannot do this.” That was Taemin’s curt reply.

“I don’t have such an unfilial son like you!” Lee Teuk shouted.

“Taemin, why…” Jinki questioned.

“Mianhae, this is my duty as King Taein’s subordinate.” Taemin replied.

“King Taein…King Taein! Have you ever regarded me as an appa?” Lee Teuk exclaimed.

“Have you ever regarded me as a son, then?” Taemin stared at Lee Teuk in his eyes.

“GREAT. Since you have said that, I shall no longer see you as a son.” Lee Teuk threatened.

Taemin gave out a long sigh. Since the marriage, his relations with his family had worsened to another level. He would be lying if he said that didn’t affect him.

“Yahh, what’s wrong with you?” Jinri questioned in curiosity.

“Just troubled,” Taemin replied, not willing to reveal more details. Yet Jinri wanted more.

“Troubled over?”

“Having an overly curious wife,” Taemin replied while hiding a laugh.

“Oooh…” Jinri replied, then “Yahh!” when she realized that he was referring to her. She stood up in the sedan chair in displeasure when all of a sudden, the sedan halted. Inertia made Jinri fall in her position and luckily Taemin was just in front of her and caught her in time.

“Thanks.” Jinri replied, and when she looked up, Taemin was just centimeters away from her. Such close proximity made her blush unknowingly.

“No problem.” Taemin replied and called out to the front “What’s happening?”

“Sorry Master Lee, we’re continuing now…” One lifter replied.

However, just when Jinri had gotten up and was going to return to her seat, the sedan moved and once again Jinri fell into Taemin’s arms.

“What is this?” Jinri complained and was about to get up once again when she slipped on her footing and her lips crashed onto his. Taemin’s eyes widened in absolute shock and so did Jinri. Taemin pushed her aside instinctively.

“Mianhae…it…it wasn’t intentional…I can swear!” Jinri tried to explain herself in her stutters, her face redder than before, and her hands raised up in a “swearing” sign.

Taemin rubbed his mouth with his clothes and laughed when he saw Jinri looking all serious in her explanation. Well, he never said that he blamed it on her, but then seeing her looking all jittery because of the accidental kiss makes him want to more.

“You sure that wasn’t intentional?” Taemin leaned towards her, leaving her no space to move away in the sedan chair. Her eyes widened in shock once again. “Stop coming closer!” Jinri exclaimed.

“But isn’t that what you like?” Taemin replied, still moving closer to her.

“I don’t like this, Lee Taemin!” Jinri exclaimed. Taemin moved away from her. “Aha, now you remember my name.” he lightly commented.

“You!” Did he just do all that to ? Gosh what kind of person he is? Jinri thought to herself.

They finally arrived at the palace. Taemin and Jinri went to the grand hall first to greet King Taein, who had been waiting for them for a long time.

At the left and right side of King Taein were the newly appointed Crown Prince Kai and most beloved advisor Jonghyun.

“Great, now I would like to talk to Taemin and Jonghyun in private. Kai, would you leave the hall with Choi Jinri for a moment?”

“Yes King appa.” Prince Kai bowed in response.

Taemin took one last look at Jinri’s back before she stepped out of the grand hall.

GREAT! Now it’s time to carry out my plan. Jinri thought to herself. One way to become a royalty is to firstly, make friends with a royalty. That was in her “100 Ways to be a Queen” self-edited manual.

“I’m Kim Jongin, former Prince Kai, and now Crown Prince Kai. You are?” Prince Kai introduced himself before she could.

“Choi Jinri, daughter of General Choi.” Jinri smiled sweetly. “You can just call me Jinri,” She added.

“Jinri. That’s such a sweet name. It definitely suits you.” Prince Kai complimented.

Jinri smiled to him. “Thanks Crown Prince Kai for the compliment.”

“Can we cut off with all the formalities? You can just call me Kai, or Jongin.” Prince Kai suggested. He had seriously taken a liking for the girl in front of him. She was all gentleness that mesmerized him. Too bad she’s already married to Prince Lee’s son. He thought further.

“How could Jinri do that? Jinri will just call Prince Kai, to show the deserving respect.” Jinri replied, sounding sincere in her words.

“Alright then,” Crown Prince Kai complied. “How is life with Prince Lee’s son?” He questioned.

There it is. He caught the bait! Jinri thought to herself.

“Well…Jinri doesn’t know how to explain…” She forced a tear, and Crown Prince Kai’s heart literally melted at the sight of her tearing.

“Jinri, just tell me, what exactly happened?” He grabbed her shoulders and asked, believing that Taemin had not treated her well.

“He’s cold. He doesn’t care. All I wish is for someone to hug me when I’m down. But he doesn’t.” Jinri slowly said, sounding as sad as possible.

“It is okay. You can always come and look for me when you feel down. I will always be there for you, to give you a comforting hug when you need one.” Crown Prince Kai took the initiative and wrapped his arms around her petite figure.

Taemin was stepping out of the grand hall when he saw the scene in front of him. What is this? Choi Jinri is hugging Crown Prince Kai?

“Thanks…” She forced another tear. “If only the person I’m married to is you and not him…” she continued.

Wait, what is that he’s hearing? Is Choi Jinri trying to achieve Crown Prince Kai’s sympathy or something? But why is she doing that? Taemin thought to himself in puzzlement.

“Jinri, I will appeal to King appa. I will try to make him revoke the marriage. And then, I will try to seek his understanding in marrying you. Is that fine with you?” Crown Prince Kai said in a serious tone.

He saw her smirk.

“Prince Kai, then I’ll be waiting for your good news.” Jinri replied.

So that was what she had been aiming for. Taemin thought to himself. A leopard never changes its spots, I see? She’s still so adamant on being the Queen that she’s trying to con the Crown Prince right now.

And Crown Prince Kai actually fell for it! How could he? Had he really fallen for Jinri?

A tinge of jealousy came into him. He went to them.

*Cough cough*

Jinri moved away from Crown Prince Kai when she felt another person’s presence.

“Taemin…” Did he just witness all that? Then again she had wanted him to see all that, see how much she disliked him, see how much she yearned for the title of Queen.

“So I overheard that you told another that you’d rather be married to him than to me.” Taemin started the conversation, purposely calling Crown Prince Kai as “another person” instead of his name, probably out of jealousy and dislike.

“Yes.” Jinri admitted.

“Why?” Taemin asked.

“You cannot give me what I want.” Jinri replied.

‘What I want’, a vague description for ‘the Queen title’, Taemin comprehended.

“She wants a hug when she’s down. But you didn’t give her that.” Crown Prince complemented her from the side.

“Oh, a hug?” Taemin questioned, a smirk slowly forming on his face.

! Jinri told herself. Is he going to expose her right now in front of Crown Prince Kai? What kind of response could she give to convince him otherwise?

“That’s simple.” He pulled her hands towards him and Jinri fell into his embrace. When she looked up once again, she was reminded of the incident in the sedan chair. She blushed.

“Why are you blushing, dear Jinri, are you reminded of when we KISSED in the sedan chair?” Taemin purposely raised his voice at the “KISS” word so that Crown Prince Kai could hear it.

Jinri doesn’t know how to continue her play. She stood there, frozen, not knowing how to look at Crown Prince Kai.

“Sorry Crown Prince, my wife is just…great at acting. I hope it didn’t affect you.” Taemin curtly explained. “Let’s go.” He pulled Jinri away.

After a certain distance, Jinri wrestled her hands off his grip.

“Choi Jinri, stop playing games with me. And don’t ever think of depending of the Crown Prince.” Taemin’s harsh tone came over her.

“Lee Taemin, I hate you!” She ran away from him.

He chased and caught her.

“Don’t be willful here!” He commanded.

“Like it’s your business!” Jinri shouted at him in return.

“You’re going back with me!” Taemin retained his tight hold of her. “We’re going to stay in the palace.” He lightly commented.

Only then did she stop her struggle. Staying in the palace meant more chances, and what she need is just a chance to talk to the Crown Prince, alone.