The Plan

The Throne

 

General Choi appeared at Prince Lee’s residence with his daughter Jinri.

“General Choi requests for a meet.” The servant whispered into Lee Teuk’s ears.

“Let them in.” Lee Teuk commanded.

“So what brings General Choi here today?” Lee Teuk lightly commented as he took a sip of his jasmine tea.

“Prince Lee, I would like to suggest a deal with you.” Choi Siwon replied with a hint of glee in his words.

“Oh.” Lee Teuk was interested. “So what deal would you propose?”

“Let’s talk about it inside.” General Choi hinted for a private discussion.

“Okay, sure.” Lee Teuk brought General Choi inside as he saw Jinri lightly nodded, in acknowledgement of what was happening.

Jinri scrutinized the room carefully. This seemed like a good place. She thought of her appa’s earlier words.

“My daughter Jinri, do you want to be the Queen?” Siwon questioned her.

Jinri had long heard of the benefits of being the Queen. You get to own the people, you get to buy a lot of accessories; you get to command everybody you want to. Basically you are at the top of the world.

Jinri nodded firmly.

“Alright, then just follow the route appa has paved for you. Marry Prince Lee’s first son, Lee Jinki. He will make you the Queen.”

Lee Jinki. I wonder how he looks like. Jinri stood up and was about to walk around when the servants around her halted her path.

“Miss Choi, you are not allowed to leave the common hall.” One servant spoke up.

“Ridiculous! Do you even have a say in what I do?” Jinri was annoyed. “I will fire you all when I become the mistress of the residence.” The servants got scared when they heard that. No matter how incredulous her words sounded, they did not dare to take the risk, especially when Jinri sounded so firm in her words.

“I would hope for your first son to marry our Jinri.” A voice sounded.

“On what basis should I comply with your request?” He heard his own appa say.

“I am willing to help you overthrow the King.” The first voice replied.

He covered his mouth with his hands in shock. A plan to overthrow the King, based on a marriage for benefits!

He heard a sarcastic laughter from his appa. “So I see. General Choi wants his own daughter to be the future Queen.”

The first voice managed a bitter laugh, “well, all of us will gain from this deal.”

“True enough.” His appa replied after some deep thoughts.

“So Prince Lee you agree with the deal?”

“Yes. Don’t worry. Our Lee family will treat your precious daughter well.” His appa replied.

“Thank you Prince Lee.” He saw the figure kneel down and bow to his appa.

When they have finally left the room, Taemin stepped out from behind the bookshelf, where he had been hiding at when he overheard and vaguely saw the deal between his appa and another person he heard as General Choi.

His thoughts returned to when General Choi suggested helping his appa overthrow the current King.

“King Taein. No I cannot let this happen.” Taemin decided that he would do all he could to stop the marriage for benefits, for the good of his hyung, the woman-to-be-wed-to-his-brother, and most importantly, to protect King Taein, someone he has looked upon as his second appa.

Jinri accidentally wandered to the backyard, when she saw a teenage man wielding his sword with grace and elegance.

“Are you Prince Lee’s first son?” Jinri called out.

The figure only continued wielding his sword and ignored Jinri’s question.

Jinri, in a state of annoyance, walked to and stood in front of him.

He braked his action in time before the sword went through her body. His sword was just a few centimeters away from Jinri.

 “Get out of here.” He made a cold statement.

“No! You have not answered my question.” Jinri was adamant to get the answer she wanted.

He stared at the girl in front of him. It could not be denied that he was slightly taken aback by her beauty. She was also amazed at her attitude and action, such braveness, yet a little reckless.

“Yes. Who are you?”

Jinri smiled. Frankly speaking she is pleased with such a candidate choice for her husband.

“You’ll know later.” Jinri left the backyard.

Jinki stood frozen in his spot as he recalled the conversation that didn’t have any outcome.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for all the comments and support even before the first chapter is posted :)

Hope you all will enjoy this chapter. It's more of a brief introduction to the happenings. The other 2 main characters will appear later :D