Chapter 4

Fixing a Broken Heart (Sequel to Regret~)

“Hey Youngmin, let’s stop for a while, I’m tired” Jeongmin complained in English.

“If we don’t reach the top, we can’t see the sun rise” Youngmin said.

“Stop complaining, come on” HyoHan said and held Jeongmin arms to pull him up.

NaEun was staring at Jeongmin and HyoHan.

“What’s the problem NaEun?” HyoHan asked.

“huh? Oh, Nothing” NaEun snapped out.

“You look pale, are you alright?” HyoHan started to get worried.

“I-I’m fine, No worries” NaEun answered.

They started walking again, it was a great thing they arrive at the top exactly on time. The sun is just rising.

“WOOO!” Youngmin shouted while HyoHan was in awe looking at the sun rising slowly.

“So beautiful” NaEun said and hugged Kwangmin.

“Are you alright?” Kwangmin asked while looking at NaEun.

“I’m fine, thanks” NaEun answered and buried her face on Kwangmin’s chest.

“Look at those love birds” Youngmin points at the two while laughing with Jeongmin.

“Stop laughing Youngmin, don’t you think this is a sweet place for them?” HyoHan smiled while looking at Kwangmin and NaEun.

“Are you jealous?” Youngmin asked.

“No, I’m just happy for them, look at the sincerity on Kwangmin’s eyes” HyoHan smiled that made Kwangmin smile a bit.

“I’m glad you moved on” Youngmin smiled.

“Honestly, I’m not… but I’m trying my best!” HyoHan said in a low tone.

“Do you want me to help you to move on?” Jeongmin suddenly asked.

“How?” HyoHan and Youngmin asked at the same time.

“Be my girlfriend” Jeongmin smiles.

“Shut up hyung!” Youngmin said expressionless.

“I’m just kidding, you know I love my baby girl more than anyone else. I just want her to be happy” Jeongmin said.

“Hyung, do you mind telling your past? How you and HyoHan met?” Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded.

The five of them formed a circle and Jeongmin started to tell the story.

---FLASHBACK---

~Jeongmin’s POV~

Back then I still lived in America. I’m playing at the park with my friends, Hyunseong hyung and Donghyun hyung. I was playing tag with them when I saw a little girl crying. I approached her and asked her why, she won’t answer me, she keeps on crying. I’m very nervous and didn’t know what to do.

"Hey little girl, why are you crying?"  I asked and she looked at me and began crying once more.

"Why won't you answer me?" I asked once more and she looked at her knees. It was bruise, I panicked and calls for help. But only kids were on the park, Hyunseong hyung and Donghyun hyung approached me.

"Hey Jeongmin, why did you make that little girl cry?" Hyunseong hyung teased. I pouted as an answer that I didn’t make her cry. Then the girl began crying again and it was now loud.

"Onii-chan!" the little girl called. *Is this girl a Japanese or what?* I asked myself.

"Daijoubu desu ka?" I asked her and she pointed to her knees.

"It hurts! I want my brother!" She cried.

"Ssshhh... don't cry, where's your brother?" I asked and tears started to form on her eyes once more.

"Don't cry. I'll take care of you first before your brother arrives okay?" I said while patting her head gently. The little girl slowly stopped crying, as I look at her eyes, a smile was form on my face. I’m praying to have a little sister. But, my mom and dad can’t have one; it’s because of some problem. I want to have a little sister and protect her from harm. I want to be a big brother that always bullies my little sister. I want so many things to do with my little sister, if I had just one.

The little girl started to smile as my hyungs went away. I guess she’s not comfortable with them. But anyway, I treat her bruise knee and let her take a rest under a tree. Of course, I’m on her side comforting her. I asked her “What’s your name? and how old are you?”

"Kang HyoHan, 8 years of age" she said with a smile.

*HyoHan what a pretty name for her* "I'm Jeongmin, Lee Jeongmin. Wait, are you Korean?" I introduced and asked.

"I'm half Korean, one fourth American and one fourth Japanese oppa, you don't mind if I call you that right?" she asked cutely.

I smiled "Too many halves" I ruffled her hair. "Of course saengie~ you can call me oppa" I smiled once more.

"Aish! Oppa, my hair" she complained as I let out a chuckle. She’s too tall for an eight year old girl. Well, actually other thought I’m already twelve but to be honest I’m just nine. They say I’m too tall and too mature for a nine year old boy. I smiled and say "I'm nine, there's a one year gap between us. So, if you don't mind? Can I be your big brother and you'll be my little sister?" she nodded in agreement, her face light up of excitement.

"I always wish to have a big brother" she cheered as I gave him a wonderful smile. *Guess we're the same*

---

Years passed, HyoHan and I became VERY close friends. We treat each other as siblings; no one can tear as a part. Until one day my father called me to go to his office right away. I follow what he instructed and knocked on the door as soon as I arrived.

"Sit down" Father commanded. "Prepare yourself tomorrow night. You'll have your marriage meeting" My father said. "you may leave now"

"NO!" I shouted. "I-I'm sorry dad, I didn't meant too"

"good, be ready. They'll have their dinner on our house tomorrow, be sure to behave yourself" He said and started to do his things on his laptop.

I can’t believe I’m going to marry someone whom I don’t know. I wanted to call HyoHan for comfort but I don’t want her to be involved in my own problems. I sighed and made to my room.

=

It was already 5PM and my soon to be bride will arrive with her parents. I prepare myself and sat at the dinner table. I released a big sigh as I hear my mom speak up. "I'm sorry son, I can't control your father"

"It's fine mom, after all, I will be the one holding our company when you and dad resigned." I answered.

"Thank you son for understanding" Mom smiled and the door bell rang.

Mom went to the door. I sighed once more and close my eyes for a second. I didn’t notice that they are already sitting at the dinner table. I’m still deep in thoughts when my father interrupted me.

"I'm sorry, he's just not ready" Dad said a little embarrassed. As I open my eyes, I saw a girl, a familiar girl. My mouth dropped because of shock.

"HyoHan..." I called.

"O-oppa" she stuttered. She’s the one I’m going to marry? No way! She’s my little sister! No I can’t!

"Well, this is easy. I guess the two knew each other" Dad said with a smile.

"Mom, is it him?" I heard HyoHan asked it to her mom as her mom nodded in agreement. She stood up and ready to leave.

"Where are you going? Don't you know your attitude is disrespectful to Mr. Lee's family?" Her mom said as she grabbed her wrist.

"no mom! I won't marry my big brother!" she defended. "Big brother? What are you talking about? He isn't your big brother!" Her mom half shouted. "HYOHAN! SEAT DOWN!" her father shouted as HyoHan obeyed him. "We're sorry about that Mr. Lee." her mom apologized to my father.

"Dad, I don't want to marry HyoHan, I'll accept anyone but please not her" I begged. "We already made our decision Jeongmin" Father said. I need to think of a plan "Decision? Didn't you know that HyoHan has a boyfriend? And you'll ruin it just because of a fix marriage" I lied as HyoHan grew curious. I look at her deeply telling that to go with the flow. She quickly got it and secretly smiled. Everyone’s head turned to her as her mother asked her "Is it true HyoHan?" and HyoHan nodded. "Who?"

"Huh? I ahmm... Donghyun oppa" she answered quickly. I grew in shock, she, at least remember my best friend’s name whom she always hate because of teasing her. I can’t help but giggle inside.

"Is it true Jeongmin?" Her mom asked me and I nodded.

"We're sorry Mr. Lee, but we need to cancel this now. My daughter loves another man and they are together. I'm very sorry" Her father bowed a few times and left following his family behind. "Thanks for the food Mr. Lee, it's nice meeting you" HyoHan bowed and followed her family.

 


Sorry for the delay, I'm really busy at school. My Math is so not good right now. It's hard to complete my requirements, specially when you're a graduating student. PEACE OUT GUYS!

P/S: Lappy's back

So stay tune and wait for me! I'lll be coming back! :D

LEAVE your COMMENTS and SUBSCRIBE please ^_^

-Angel28

03/11/2013