The Beginning

Finding Janus

 

The fire pits lit up one by one as Kwangmin and Youngmin walked down the dark hallway. They stopped in front of a large, black throne which was intricately carved with black roses. A tall, solemn man sat upon the throne and looked down at them disapprovingly.

“I assume you know why you’re here?” The man asked. Kwangmin only offered a bored expression as a response and Youngmin looked down at his feet, hiding his face.

“Because you stuffed up, that’s why. Janus you should hurry up and dispose of them.” Sneered a servant who was watching the scene unfold. The words had barely escaped the servant’s mouth before flames began to consume him. Kwangmin’s expression quickly changed from boredom to a look of disgust and Youngmin finally looked up from the ground and stared at Janus who was busy glaring at the ex-servant.

“How annoying.” Janus muttered and turned his attention back to the twins.

“It’s because we trashed one of your guest houses in a fight, isn’t it?” Youngmin asked quietly.

“Correct. I may have been willing to overlook it the first time, but this is the third time this month. I’ve raised you since you were abandoned in front of my gates, gave you everything you could ever want or need and this is how you repay me?” Janus’s tone was icy and Kwangmin let out a bored sigh now that the effect of the servant burning to death had worn off. After all, this wasn’t exactly the first lecture that Janus had given the twins. Youngmin jabbed his brother in the sides with his elbow, trying to make him see that his actions weren’t exactly helping the situation right now.

“I’m sorry Kwangmin, am I boring you?” Janus gave Kwangmin a look, daring him to say yes.

“Of course not Janus, I always find you presence very entertaining! Especially when you barbeque the servants.” Kwangmin sarcastically replied and Janus was about reply when he was interrupted by a servant who ran into the hall who proclaimed that they had urgent news to tell him. Youngmin quickly turned to his younger twin and hit him in the arm.

“Shut up! Do you want to anger him further?” Youngmin whispered angrily to his brother. Kwangmin just rolled his eyes and turned away from him.

“Excellent!” Janus yelled and the servant who had been talking to him looked unsure as to whether they should cry or run. Janus turned his attention back to the twins and smiled. However this wasn’t the warm, fatherly smile that they were used to, this was a you’re-in-for-a-whole-world-of-pain smile.

“Why are you smiling? Seriously stop it, it’s creepy.” Kwangmin complained but Janus’s smile only grew wider.

“While you took your time getting here, I made arrangements for your punishment.” Janus said and then Kwangmin and Youngmin felt the ground beneath them begin to tremble.

“Oh God.” Was all Youngmin could say as light began to shine through the floor and Kwangmin’s smug smile dropped and his eyes widened as he realised what was happening,

“You’re sending us away aren’t you?” He accused and Janus laughed and replied,

“Yes, and seeing as you both love to fight each other, you are to be banished together. The terms of your banishment are this; you will live together in a world similar yet different to this. Only one of you may return but to return you have to find your soulmate. Unfortunately for you two, you’re soulmate is the same person so only one of you will return. That is if she loves you. This is my curse.”

Kwangmin and Youngmin looked at each other as they felt the ground slowly slipping from beneath them. Matching expression of shock and anger showed on their faces and they were practically mirror images of each other.

“One last hint, her last name is Janus.” And with that, they were gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

So what do you guys think? C: please comment and suscribe if you like it and sorry for the short chapter, I just typed it up quickly.