Chapter 4

Rule Of Rose

-3rd person pov-

 

During lunch time, Hyera was outside of the orphanage. She stood still while looking up at the attic's window. She stared at it for a while as if she was thinking or staring at something. She tilted her head to the right when she saw a figure walking past the window. But then, the figure walked backwards and waved at its' hand at her. 

 

Startled, Hyera backed away slowly till she bumped into someone. She spun around and saw Jacob. 

 

"You okay?" The boy asked.

 

She nodded.

 

Jacob looked up at the attic's window with his hands in his pants pockets. The girl then bowed slightly before leaving. Jacob sighed and followed her from behind.

 

"Jacob... Jacob..." A soft voice called out.

 

The boy turned around and sees no one in sight. He shrugged and continues walking but the voice called his name again which makes him shivers a little so he started to quicken his pace. He walked besides Hyera with his head hung low.  

 

The two of them walked inside the house and went to do their own things while the others still enjoys their lunches. 

 

"That is  my chicken." Taejin said simply.

 

"But I want it." Naeul poked the chicken with a fork.

 

Sinho, who was sitting next to the boy patted his shoulder, telling him to just give it to her. Without another word, the boy stood up from his seat and leave casually. 

 

"Taejin..." Rasiel called out, hoping that he'll stop.

 

"Just let him leave." Kira said.

 

Jaerim rolled his eyes as he stuffed his last food. Wiping his mouth with a clean napkin, he quickly left the dining hall and went upstairs. 

 

"Where's Mr. Thompson by the way?" Elektra wondered, playing with her food, "He usually joins us."

 

The others looked at each other and shrugged. Hayden excused himself and went upstairs as well. The door kept bugging him so he decided to check what's behind the door.

 

He kept turning the knob, hoping that it'll open on its own since it's locked. 

 

"Why won't you open?" He hissed.

 

He rubbed his chin and smiled to himself. Then he walked back downstairs. 

 

After the sun sets, Everyone went to the classroom for History and Mathematics for 2 hours before dinner. 

 

And so they were alone again without Mr. Thompson to join them. One of the maid told them that he was gone to town because he have business to take care of.

 

"What business?" Daehyun asked as he leaned against the kitchen's door frame.

 

The young maid who washed the dishes glances at him over her shoulder, "I don't know Daehyun. He didn't tell us what it is."

 

Daehyun nodded and left the maid with her work. They went to their respective rooms at 10. Some sleeping and some still wide awake; chatting with each other, doing their own things and even spacing out. 

 

Jieun, who just got out from the bathroom, saw Hayden walking towards the staris with his hand in his pocket. She tiltled her head as she eyed his every moves.

 

"Where are you going?" She asked.

 

"Uhh hi!" He waves, "Umm somewhere... why?"

 

She looked around and smiled, "Can I come along?"

 

Hayden grinned, hold on to her wrist and pulled her with him upstairs. 

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"A room."

 

"A... room?"

 

"The attic... I think."

 

Once they arrived, Hayden took out a key from his pocket and inserted it in the small hole, turning it slowly. 

 

"Where did you get that key?" 

 

"I borrowed it from one of the maids." The boy said with a reassuring tone.

 

'Clack'

 

The door creaked as soon as Hayden succeeded in unlocking it, making that boy flashed a wide grin. 

 

"Let's go."

 

-End-