Chapter 2

Rule Of Rose

 

-Rasiel pov-

 

My first day at the orphanage went well. This place is so wonderful and welcoming. The maids are nice and so does Mr. Thompson. My new friends seem nice too though some of them seem mean.

 

I’m currently in front of the orphanage’s doorsteps, sitting on my own while enjoying the nice view and fresh air. I turned around when I heard the door swung opened. A boy with a pair of glasses was looking at me so I flashed him a smile and offered him to sit beside me.

 

“What’s your name?” I asked.

 

“Daehyun and you?”

 

“Rasiel.”

 

“Pretty name.”He complimented.

 

“Thank you.”

 

The atmosphere feels kinda awkward. Hmm, he looks like a friendly one. I bit my lip, trying to start a conversation. I asked him about his background and he did the same. I felt sorry for his sad life. His father left him when his mother passed away. But, he said that mine was sadder, being called a bad luck and such.

 

My mother passed away and my father was killed by the villagers’ cause of that ‘bad luck’. We’re not a curse but they keep blaming everything that happened to them on us.

 

“Maybe they’re just jealous.” Daehyun said with a smile.

 

I looked up at him, “Hmm, perhaps…”  I smiled.

 

“Don’t be sad. You have a new family and a new home now.”

 

“But, what if they dislike me?”

 

“They won’t,” He gave me a reassuring smile; “I like you. You’re nice.”

 

-End-

 

-Kira pov-

 

Standing by my bedroom window, I observed my new friends from afar. Two boys caught my eyes, one with brownish hair and one with black hair. Hmm, if I’m not mistaken, I think that brownish-haired boy name is Hayden and the other one is Sinho.

 

Hayden had his arm wrapped around Sinho’s shoulder. He looks like he’s talking about something but Sinho doesn’t seem to be interested in it.

 

Suddenly the door creaked opened, revealing my roommate, Hyera. She sat on her bed while combing her black bob hair. She’s a cute little girl and a quiet one too. Clearing my throat, I started towards her.

 

“Hello Miss Hyera, I’m Kira.” I introduced myself.

 

She looked at me and bowed slightly.

 

“May I sit beside you?”

 

She nodded.

 

“So, do you like it here?”

 

“Kinda… you?”

 

“Hmm,maybe.”

 

-End-

 

-3rd person pov-

 

When the clock struck 10, Mr. Thompson asked the children to go to bed. The orphanage was a bit scary at night with darkness that surrounds it followed by some strange and creepy sounds.

 

Mr. Thompson told the children not to go outside during the night or wander around at the orphanage. Hayden, who was sitting on the floor with his legs spread open, asked the reason why they shouldn’t wander in the orphanage at night. Mr. Thompson just flashed him a smile and told him that it was one of the rules.

 

The others nodded but Hayden puffed his cheeks and rolled his eyes.

 

“Okay, bed time!” The man said while clapping his hands.

 

The children went to their respective rooms with their roommates. Soon, they all fall asleep except for one.

 

-End-

 

-Hayden pov-

 

I tossed around in by bed cause I can’t sleep. I tuned to my right and saw that Sinho and Taejin were fast asleep while I’m still wide awake.

 

Should I wake one of them up?

 

On a second thought, I’ll just let them be. Hmm, maybe a little exploring won’t hurt.

 

I chuckled quietly as I got out of bed and crept out of the room. I know Mr. Thompson doesn’t let us wandering around but this place has become our home now so we got the right to wander or explore this place.

 

Okay, let’s see…

I haven’t been on the 2nd floor so I’ve decided to go up there. Slowly, I climbed up two flights of stairs. It was completely dark up here. Good thing I saw the light switch and flicked it on.

 

The dark corridor was now filled with dim lightning. It was a bit narrow, unlike the 1st floor corridor. So, as I was walking, I saw a room with a ‘classroom’ nameplate on it. I walked again and saw another room with a ‘library’ nameplate on it.

 

Nice.

 

I walked and walked and walked till I met a dead end… and a door that doesn’t have a nameplate on it. I don’t know why I got the urge to open the door all of the sudden. Once my hand reached the knob, I turned it around but it was locked.

 

Hmm, could it be the attic?

 

-End-