Chapter1

Rule Of Rose

 

-3rd person pov-

 

7 am, the children gets out of their bed, took a shower, puts on their clothes and headed downstairs for breakfast. The dining room was huge and elegant. It caught the children’s attentions as they took their seats. The foods were already prepared on the table, still hot and fresh. Mr. Thompson, as usual, would join his children for every meal.

 

While enjoying their breakfast, Mr. Thompson started a conversation. Hoping that the he could get to know them and be a part of them.

 

“So, do you like it here?” He asked.

 

“It’s… nice…” A boy named Sinho said.

 

Jaerim, who was sitting on the other side of the table, was staring at him. Sinho noticed this and just keep his head low and focused on his food.

 

“This place is beautiful Mr. Thompson.” Elektra smiled warmly.

 

“Why thank you.”

 

After finished with their breakfast, the children wander around the orphanage. Hayden was walking in the garden. He saw a boy sitting under a tree. He smiled to himself and approached him.

 

“Hey there.” He gets into a kneeling position, “You’re Sinho right? I’m Hayden.”

 

Sinho looked at him smiled. He didn’t bother to say anything to that boy cause he didn’t know what to say to him.

 

Hayden smirks lightly. He gets into a crawling position and crawls toward him. Sinho was surprised by his sudden action. He leaned towards his neck, sniffing his scent.

 

“You smoke?”

 

“No! Of course not!”

 

“Hah got ya!” The boy chuckled, “I’m bored, let’s do something.” He grabbed Sinho’s arm and dragged him to somewhere.

 

Inside the reading room, Jacob was sitting on a rocking-chair with a thick book in his hands. He hummed a song while reading it. But after 2 minutes, he closed it and put it away. Stuffing his hands in his pockets, his eyes roamed freely at every each of the books’ titles.

 

He squint his eyes when there’s a one book title caught his attention. It’s a fantasy book about a girl and an old wishing well. He grabbed it and started reading it with full interest.

 

“Omph! Oh, sorry.”

 

Jieun was walking along the corridor; she was busy looking at the pictures on the wall till she bumped into one of her friends, Taejin.

 

“Watch where you’re going next time.” He said.

 

The girl gulped and bowed, “I’m sorry.”

 

“Hmm, sure…”

 

Without waiting for her to speak, Taejin gave her a last look before he walked away. Jieun just stood there and watched him disappeared into his room. A soft sighed escaped her lips.

 

Elektra went to the backyard. She was fascinated when she saw a small pond with a duck and her ducklings in it. She squatted down to touched one of the ducklings but a light pat on her shoulder stopped her. She turned around and saw a long-haired girl named Naeul. She was looking at her with her big eyes. She then shook her head a little. Elektra blinked. A small smile crept on Naeul’s face. After that she spun around and went inside.

 

-End-