Chapter 3

Rule Of Rose

-3rd person pov-

 

As Hayden was trying to opened the door, a boy stood behind him, eyeing his every moves. The boy crossed his arms and cleared his throat but Hayden was too busy with the door that he didn't realize someone was there.

 

"Mr. Thompson told us not to wander around."

 

Startled, Hayden turned around and let out a relieved sigh, "Jaerim, you... scared me."

 

"Just what do you think you're doing?"

 

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

 

A smirk formed on Jaerim's lips. He appraoched the boy in front of him and paused when they were just an inch closer. Hayden rolled his eyes and walked off but the boy stopped him by grabbing his collar.

 

"This is not your house... yet," He warned, "So don't try to do whatever you please."

 

"Is that a threat?"

 

"A reminder."

 

With that said, Jaerim let go of his hold and went back downstairs. Hayden sighed and went downstairs as well. He went into his room and gets on his bed. He tried to close his eyes and sleep but can't. His mind won't stop thinking about the locked door. 

 

The next morning, the kids got up to start their day at the Orphanage. Then they went upstairs to the 2nd floor to start their first lesson; Literature.

 

Jacob, who was sitting by the window was busy stuffing himself with chocolate while the girl behind her, Rasiel, tried her best to focused on Miss Lee as her tummy keeps aching. Kira, who sat beside her, was scribbling something in her notebook. The ones in front of her, Sinho, leaned comfortably against his chair. Elektra who was in front of him, keeps yawning. Jieun was drawing something, didn't bother what Miss Lee was talking about even though she's at the front. Behind her was Hayden. He was resting his chin in his hand. His eyes filled with boredom. behind him was the focused Daehyun who keeps nodding his head whenever the teacher explained something and the same thing goes to Hyera who was sitting behind him.

 

Beside him sat the sleeping Naeul that would sometimes smile in her sleep. She was using her notebook as a pillow. Taejin and Jaerim both had their desk paired together. It was because they were arguing at the dining room during breakfast time. They almost punched each other at the jaws. Good thing Mr. Thompson was there to stopped them so that's why they were paired up so that they can made up and be friends again.

 

They didn't bother to say anything to each other though. And when class ended, everyone packed their stuff, ready to leave and do their on things. Taejin was going for the door but Jaerim blocked him, causing him to get pissed a little. 

 

"Just what is your problem?" He pushed Jaerim lightly on the shoulder.

 

"My problem?" The boy turned around with an amused tone, "Well, what's yours?"

 

"Boys, I thought Mr. Thompson told you two to make up." Kira interjected.

 

"He started it." Taejin crossed his arms.

 

Then, Hayden approached them and stood in between with his arms stretching wide to wraps em' around both Taejin and Jaerim's shoulders, "Guys, chill out will ya? Just forgive each other. It's not that hard is it?"

 

The boys glared at him. 

 

"What?"

 

Jaerim break free from Hayden and leaves the classroom. Taejin shook the boy's hand from his shoulder and leave as well.

 

"You're welcome!" The boy shouted with a smile.

 

Sinho patted his shoulder before leaving with the others. Hayden closed the door behind him and that's when his eyes met with the mysterious door again.

 

He stood there for a while as if he's in a deep thought , sighed softly and walked downstairs. 

 

-End-