Stupid For You :: one

Stupid For You

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Guns, riot, war-freaked people – those are few of the things that come in your mind when you hear the word ‘mafia’. Sighs. Well, I guess you are pretty much right. Even some people feel the chills when they hear it. Of course, who wants to be involved with a mafia anyway?

 

Ack! Not all of us are bad! Yeah. You heard it. Us. We. I’m one of them and it’s because of being the daughter of one of the most influential mafia boss in Korea. Uhm… I don’t hate having that kind of family BUT it is making my life miserable. Ugh! Seriously.

 

No one had dared to approach me or talk to me since when I was in kindergarten. From then, I was always followed by my daddy’s bodyguards for my protection and because of that, my classmates feared me. Why? It’s because those creepy bodyguards of mine were scaring the heck out of my classmates. I mean… they bring guns with them. Guns! Why did the school always let them in anyway?!

 

I’m in high school now. In my senior year to be exact. As usual, anywhere I go, everyone still ignores me. It feels like I don’t exist in my school. Aish! That is why I made a decision. Erm… Okay. Enough with my life. Let’s get back to reality, shall we?

 

I ran downstairs and headed to my parents’ usual spot – the living room. When I got there, I saw them playing Xbox. Okaaaaay. The author mentioned it already that they are… uhm… child-like? At first glance, you wouldn’t even think that my dad is a mafia boss.

 

“Haha! Beat ya!” My dad suddenly shouted, waving his arms in the air.

 

“Yah! You cheated. I know it!” My mom complained with crossed arms and pouted at dad. Sighs. What’s wrong with my life? BUT I love them just like that. They are always fun to be with.

 

“Dad? Mom? Can we talk for a while?” I interrupted. They turned to me with a smile on their faces.

 

“Hmm… What is it pumpkin?” Dad asked. Uhm… they love calling me random nicknames. It’s cute. Hehe.

 

He turned off the Xbox first and we sat on the couch to continue our conversation.

 

I fidgeted my fingers and started the talk with a bit hesitation in my tone.

 

“Uhm… I want to switch schools.” I began, putting a forced smile on my face and hoping they will allow me.

 

“What?!” My dad blurted out. “But why cupcake?” His voice softened.

 

Whew… I suddenly got tensed with the awkward atmosphere right now.

 

“Are you getting bullied sweetheart? Is something wrong with your school?” Mom said in a worried tone. She then sat beside me and caressed my cheeks.

 

“Nothing mom. My school’s fine.” I uttered. “but…”

 

“But what, honey?” Dad raises his brows and asked me. I suddenly felt nervous.

 

“Uhm…” I lowered my head and continued. “I can’t live a normal life in school. Everyone’s ignoring me because they don’t want to be friends with me, They are scared that I might hurt them because… Um… you know…” I looked at them and noticed the sad smiles plastered on their faces. “But it doesn’t mean that I hate having a mafia family.” I added and smiled at them. Their expression brightened up as I said it. Well, it is the truth.

 

“Don’t worry, princess. We understand but it’s the middle of the semester. Are you okay with that? We can just hold it for next year.” My mother told me and held my hand.

 

“Your mom is right. It will be hard for you adjusting.” Dad agreed.

 

“I’ll be okay. I promise.” I assured them. I want to switch schools as soon as possible.

 

“Hmm… Okay then. But it will take a week for the preparation. Is that fine with you, choco?” Daddy asked. My nicknames are all about food. Is my dad hungry? Haha.

 

I nodded my head. Oh shucks! Theyfinally  agreed!!! At last. I’ve always alwaaaays wanted this.

 

“So… what school do you want to transfer in?” He finally asked. I’ve been thinking about it lately and I even made a list. I thought about Hanlim Arts HS because I love acting but acting hates me so it is a ‘no’. Seoul University was on my list too but it’s hard getting there and I’m not that brainy so it is another ‘no’. And then, I came up with Seoul High School. I heard that it’s a prestigious school and curiosity hits me so this the one I chose!

 

“Seoul High School, Dad.” I answered with a wide grin on my face.

 

“Ah… Seoul Hi-- WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!” My dad blurted out. Why? What’s wrong with that school?

 

“Yes. Seoul HS. Why are you shocked, Dad?” I asked him curiously.

 

“Seoul?! That is miles away from here, lollipop.” Lollipop? He surely is hungry. “I don’t want you to go there.” He added. Wait… HE DOESN’T WANT?! I felt like my heart dropped for a moment. I want to go to that school so much.

 

“I’ll be okay Dad. There’s no need to worry.” I assured him with a smile but it didn’t work. I turned to mom and pleaded.

 

“Aish~ Okay. I trust you sweetie.” Mom uttered that made my heart jump! I still need to convince dad.

 

“Yay! Thanks Mom!” I hugged her tight. I looked at my Dad who look totally shocked with Mom’s decision. “Dad? Please…” I said with puppy eyes, hoping it will work.

 

“Honey, let her go. She’s old enough.” Mom helped me to convince Dad. I know him. He won’t go against mom. Kkkkk~

 

“Aish~ Okay. Take care there. We want to go with you but— ”

 

“I understand!” I cut him off. “Waaah! I’ll take care of myself. I promise! Thanks Mom and Dad! You’re the best!” I hugged them both tightly and ran to my room, jumping.

 

I decided to pack my luggage early because I got lots of stuff.  I remove the stuffs on my cabinets and placed it on the bags. As I was getting something out, a familiar box caught my attention. I took it with me with a smile on my face. I sat on the edge of the bed and placed the thing on my lap, opening it.

 

A picture welcomed me that made my memory about my childhood go back.

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun…” I whispered. He was my childhood friend back then... Was my best friend…

 

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

 I saw him on a park, crying his heart out. I approached him and gave him a sincere smile. I don’t know what happened to me but I suddenly hugged him and cried with him.

 

“Why are… y-you cr-crying too? Uwaaah.” He mumbled between his sobs.

 

“I don’t know either.” I told him. He broke out from the hug and looked at me curiously. His tears were still falling but then, he suddenly laughed.

 

“Are you crazy?” He chuckled. Ugh! He’s a bit mean, wasn’t he?

 

“Yah!” I yelled but then, I managed to laugh too, realizing what I did.

 

“I’m Byun Baekhyun. You are?” He gave his hand and I shook it.

 

“I’m Park Jiyeon. Nice to meet you! We’re schoolmates.” I said happily. I asked him why he is crying and he pouted.

 

“My classmates are bullying me. Everyday… They always tease me.” He uttered. Tears are starting to fall from his eyes again.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you.” I wiped the tears on his eyes and he looked at me.

 

“How?” He asked, tilting his head a little.

 

“Just count on me.” He nodded with a sincere smile in his face. I won’t forget his cute chinky eyes when he smiles.

 

I still didn’t do anything but he thanked me already.

 

“Oh… I need to go. It’s late. Let’s meet again Jiyeon. Hmm… At school!” He jumped from the bench and ran while waving his hands saying goodbye to me.

 

‘Is he not scared of me or he doesn’t know that my family is a mafia?’ I thought. But I ignored it. ‘Looks like I made a friend!’

 

I came home very happy. Finally… Someone talked to me.

 

Hmm… Do you know how I helped him? I used my creepy bodyguards. They were quite useful sometimes. I told them to scare the boys that bully Baekhyun. I don’t know what my bodyguards did but they stopped teasing him.

 

From then on, we always hang out everyday. We got closer and eventually, we became best of friends.

 

Until one day, he and his family need to move out. I don’t know where to. We cried and cried and cried our hearts out on that day. I didn’t want him to go because he was my only friend but there was nothing I can do. He left… I was alone again.

 

 

 

Without noticing it, a tear fell from my eye. I miss him… so much.

 

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

MEANWHILE…

 

“Oppa!” A crazy girl suddenly hugged me and traced her finger on my chest. She was the b*tch I met at the club last night. Hmm… I just played with her and she took it seriously.

 

“Yah~ Get away from me! B*tch!” I pushed her away and she fell on the floor. Hahaha. Take that!

 

The crowd laughed at her and she ran away, crying. I continued my walk with my friends behind me.

 

“Dude, that’s rude you know!” D.O. chuckled.

 

“Yeah right…” I said sarcastically.

 

Girls were screaming as we walked past them but we ignored them. s.

 

Aish! Their screams always make my eardrum hurt!

 

We arrived at our usual hang-out place. It was a room made just for us. When we don’t want to attend classes, we just stay here.

 

There were girls waiting for us. D.O. and I ignored them and played darts but Suho and the others played with them.

 

“Kai, get yourself a girl!” Chanyeol mumbled as a girl s her arms on him.

 

“Come on man.” Suho said.

 

“I’m tired of them. They are all the same. B*tches.” I spat. I smirked as I noticed the girls’ shocked expressions but they continued making out with the guys.

 

“I want someone different to play with…”