Real! Live! Boyfriend!

Being Friends with Boys

"How about I come home for dinner?"

 

**

When the uncooperative sprinklers finally turned off by themselves, Sehun was the first to break the silence.

 

"Your bra's showing," Sehun said, matter-of-factly.

 

"I know," I replied, voice impassive and unfeeling. "I know."

 

I could not turn around to look at anyone in the eye. I was too embarrassed, far more embarassed then I ever had been in my life. But the embarassment was so great, I couldn't even feel it. I was past the point of caring. Of all days, why did I just have to wear a white shirt and then bright pink neon for a bra? 

 

Sensing my discomfort, Luhan reassured me, "It's not that bad as you think, Imkyung. It's not something to worry about! "

 

Sehun and Baekhyun nodded in mutual agreement.

 

"It is," I insisted, staring at Luhan's shoes instead of his face. And I noticed they looked pretty damn rich, his shoes, I mean. Not that his face wasn't rich-looking. Well, I didn't think attractive faces could be described by money symbols. "All of you can see it. It's really obvious, you know. And I'm a teenager, so I get pretty self-conscious about this kind of stuff."

 

"Well, it could have been worse," Baekhyun said, trying to be positive.

 

"I don't want to even think about that." I looked over to stare at his shirt and read the message on it, BOY WHO CRIED WOLF. "Nice shirt, by the way."

 

"If it makes you feel better, I can take off my shirt-" Sehun started.

 

"No!" I yelped immediately. But then I paused. Was I supposed to say yes? Damn, I should have said yes.

 

"I'll just..." My voice trailed off as I just didn't know what to say. I went over to my door and took one glance at the three of them. They were quite nonchalant, but mostly sympathetic. It wasn't something I was surprised by. I didn't have much of a chest, after all. I had to admit that.

 

"See you tomorrow!" I blurted out the words so fast that they were a jumbled mess that the three of them possibly couldn't understand. I ran into my house after I got it open.

 

I took off my shoes, and then went into the kitchen to look at the time. Once I arrived in the kitchen, I found myself looking up at the clock hanging over on the wall. My parents must have put it up and set the time when I was gone. 

 

"I'm home," I mumbled, to nobody but myself. Finally, the shame hit me. I ran over to the laundry room in response.

 

I took off my wet clothes in a hurry, and then wrapped a fluffy white towel around myself. This was just terrible. Just terrible. Not only did they see my very pink bra, I had a small chest, so it wouldn't even had mattered. Oh, life.

 

I emerged out of the laundry room, finding the house to be utterly quiet. It might have been for the fact that it was quite spacious so sound wouldn't have traveled far, but it also could have been because my parents either took a break or finished unpacking. They possibly couldn't have finished. Could they?

 

I made my way up the long winding staircase that would lead me up to my room. All the rooms in the house looked the same, but I managed to find my room after opening and closing a few other rooms. My aunt and uncle were really rich, I soon realized. This was truly the power of rich people, like in dramas. This house truly fit my snide chaebol comments.

 

"Have you guys finished packing?" I called out to them, loudly. My voice had to be at least echoed in this spacious house, I hoped. I tried to make my voice many decibels loud, so at least it had to travel somewhere, maybe.

 

"Almost done," my mother called out from some unidentifiable location. "This house carries a lot more than our old house did. It's three times the size. So we finished quickly while you were gone. I'm just putting on bed sheets."

 

"I see," I said. Well, there's that. 

 

"Did you have a fun time outside?" my mother asked.

 

I froze at her question. Why ask that of all things? I struggled for words, to give a proper answer. "It was fine," I stuttered.

 

"Two hours haven't passed yet," she informed me. "You can stay out longer, since packing's almost done."

 

"I know," I said. "Just changing clothes. I'm going back later."

 

Damn, I shouldn't have said that. My mother would get mad at me if she saw me still at home with a fresh change of clothes using the internet or whatever. She'd say I'd be too reading fanfiction (when I'd really be watching movies, my mother was the secret fanfic writer, I've seen by accident) or whatever and then she'd kick me outside, for sure. But I didn't want to see Luhan's, Sehun's, or Baekhyun's faces at all today. Too much shame. But still, I'd have to go outside...

 

I sighed in defeat, considering my options. Guess I'd just have to go out, then? 

 

I put on a change of clothes, making sure I didn't wear white and I put on a white bra instead of a pink one. With precautions already set in, I was safe from crazy and malfunctioning sprinklers. Now all I had to do was just pay attention to dogs potentially jumping on people, namely me.

 

**

 

I went outside over to the thicket of trees I originally planned on visiting before I got interrupted. I made sure to walk super fast so I wouldn't see Sehun, Baekhyun, or Luhan. To my luck and surprise, I didn't see them all. Not even a glimpse of a shadow or an outline. 

 

The forest was quite the magnificent sight to see. The way the sunlight hit between the tree leaves and branches made shadowed outlines on the floor. I couldn’t help but admire the sights in front of me, taking them all in. Since it was summer, there was a lot of sunlight and shadows around the forest.

 

A few minutes of walking, I found a tree house in the middle of the woods. It looked big enough to fit at least ten or so people, maybe even more. It looked like Luhan’s, Baekhyun’s, or Sehun’s creation, maybe all of three of them combined.

 

“Is anyone up there?” I called out, despite the fact that I was trying to avoid all three of them. I wanted to view the insides of the tree house, even if just for a small moment. I was a snoopy neighbor, sue me.

 

No response.

 

But a nagging feeling came over me and I felt as if someone was up there. I wasn’t sure why, but the feeling was there. It was probably a stupid feeling to follow, but I was bored and curious. Against my better judgment, I climbed up the rope ladder to get to the tree house.

 

Reaching the top, I balanced myself upright so I wouldn’t fall down. Then, I entered the tree house with careful footsteps. But I knocked the tree a little before I entered, so I did remember my manners. Even if I was probably trespassing.

 

“Oh,” I said. I was right. There was a person in here. A huge clump of cotton blankets was nestled in the corner of the tree house, sleeping. It was a guy, I realized, who seemed really tall, even if he was sleeping and covered in blankets that I couldn't accurately judge otherwise.

 

That’s when I realized. Damn, I was a creeper. 

 

“Hello?” I asked. Maybe I should just leave... No, I definitely should leave.

 

I heard stirring from the blankets. Something like a muffled out hello or whatever. The person seemed to have woken up.

 

“Pull my blankets away, would you?” the person, who had a deep voice, asked sleepily.

 

So he wasn’t bothered by my being in there. It made me sigh in relief a little because I was most likely a creeper and a trespasser at this very moment. I walked over to the lump of blankets and gently pried it off him. Slowly, I saw the just woken up person’s face. And then, I tugged the blanket down further, revealing his body.

 

Only to scream.

 

“OH MY GOSH YOU’RE LIKE ,” I half-yelled. I tossed the blanket to the other corner of the tree house and began to slowly back away.

 

“Girlfriend!” he said, ignoring my escape attempts, putting his arms around me. This action, however, just only made the situation worse.

 

I screamed bloody murder and pushed his arms away. It didn’t matter if this guy was hot, which he was, HE WAS HALF . HALF ! ALMOST FULLY .

 

He seemed to have been waken up fully then, mostly from my screaming and flailing. He realized the situation in front of him and widened his eyes. “OH MY GOSH ARE YOU A SASAENG?” 

 

“NO I AM NOT A SASAENG.”

 

“THEN WHY ARE YOU IN HERE NO GIRL LIVES HERE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD MUCH LESS KNOWS ABOUT THE WOODS HERE. OBVIOUSLY YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S CLASSMATE. AND YOU TOOK MY BLANKET OFF TOO. YOU VILLAIN.”

 

“BECAUSE YOU ASKED. WHY ARE YOU HALF .”

 

“BECAUSE I WANT TO AND YOU DIDN’T ANSWER MY QUESTION WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HERE.”

 

I calmed down somewhat to give the guy a somewhat coherent response. “I just moved here. My name’s Seo Imkyung and I am not a sasaeng. I met Sehun, Baekhyun, and Luhan earlier because a dog jumped me and I got knocked out for a second or so. And then I found this place and I wanted to explore it. I called out a hello, but nobody answered. So I went up because I had a feeling somebody was up there. And I was going to leave, but then you said hello and told me to take your blankets off. And I pulled them down and it looked like you were completely .”

 

“I thought you were somebody I knew,” stranger half boy said, also calming down. He defended himself. “And I’m not completely . I was wearing boxers!”

 

“I can see that now,” I reminded him. “I may be boy crazy sometimes, but that was just plain scary. My eyes! My poor, sweet and innocent eyes!”

 

He looked slightly offended. “Have you never seen a boy shirtless before? And you should be flattered, this sight is a great thing to see!”

 

I shot him a look. “Don't be cocky! I thought you were !”

 

“I’m not !” stranger boy said, pouting. 

 

“Well I’m sorry, whatever your name is,” I said.

 

“It’s Park Chanyeol,” stranger boy explained. “Nice to meet you.”

 

I remember his comment from earlier and how he called me his girlfriend. I became peeved at the memory of his strange behavior. “Why’d you call me girlfriend?”

 

He blankly stared at me. “I did? Woops?”

 

“It’s fine. Not that big of a deal. Not everyday you see live boyfriends,” I said, and then changed the subject. “So, I think I should get going.”

 

“Don’t,” he said, grabbing my wrist to prevent me from going. He stood up, still holding onto my wrist. He was just like I imagined, freakishly tall. I gazed up at him in wonder. “There’s something you should know before you leave.”

 

“What is it?” I asked, and then I added, “You know, your voice is really deep.”

 

“I get that a lot,” he said, unfazed by my commnt. “But, I feel that it is only fair to say this. Since you are a trespasser onto this line of property-”

 

“I’m really sorry?” I interrupt, hoping that will get me off the hook. Apologizing could help me out, right?

 

“-I feel that it is important that we make this even. Deal?” he asked.

 

“Um, okay?”

 

“Show me what you look like !”

 

I screamed again and got into a huge meldown, freeing my wrist from him. I flailed around again. “NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.”

 

He quickly grabbed me by my shoulders to stop me from my incessant panicking and total meltdown. Chanyeol reassured me quickly, “Imkyung, that was a joke!”

 

I gasped for air, stopping myself mid-scream. I calmed down. “Really?”

 

Chanyeol winced a little. “A tasteless joke, obviously. Judging by your reaction.”

 

“Sorry about that,” I apologized.

 

“It’s okay, my fault,” he insisted. “Anyways, I found a compromise you can’t refuse!”

 

“And what is that?”

 

Chanyeol grinned. "How about I come home for dinner?"