Second Chapter

The Right Place

 

The second the bell rang in the next day, the girl slowly got up from her chair, and walked up to the school’s rooftop, as she did the previous days.

However this time, there’s a weird sense of anticipation within her.

Will he be there like he said? I don’t think he will. But he said he would yesterday. Ck, stupid me, I shouldn’t get my hope too high! He won’t be there, and I’ll be alone, like I always am…

All the way to the rooftop, she tried to dampen her excitement , but still, the hope was there, and she couldn’t help but smile her rare smile,  when she opened the door. A rare smile that quickly vanished, when she saw no one was there.

She stopped walking for a moment, let out a sad chuckle and then continued to sit at the same place that she used to sit everyday. She folded her knees and rested her chin above them. She closed her eyes and felt disappointment fully took her heart by force. She felt kind of surprised, and sad, how a stranger that she didn’t know at all could make her feel like this. She cursed herself silently, for being a fool that trusted so easily.

She slowly opened her eyes and stared blankly at the green lush trees not far below her. The view was still exactly the same as the day before, but strangely, she didn’t feel the familiar sense of peace when she saw them at the moment, nor did she feel hungry anymore as she did quiet a few minutes ago.

Alone.

That’s what she really felt at the moment. It was a very familiar feeling for her, and yet, she still hated it. She hated the feeling of being alone, she hated that she was, in fact, alone, but the worst part was, she hated that she felt like she deserved to be all alone.

However, just as the tears from her eyes were about to drop, she heard his voice.

“I’m just a few minutes late and you already burst into tears? We just met yesterday, but you already miss me this much. I’m flattered, really.”

The girl gasped in surprise and spun her head. She saw the boy stood in the exact same place where he had stood the day before. A smile decorated his gorgeous face. It wasn’t a bad smile though. His smile was an endearing dimple smile, that would surely give warmth to everyone who was lucky enough to receive it.

Warm. Now that was an unfamiliar feeling for her. But at the moment, she felt warm on her inside, just because of that simple smile from the boy, and she liked it, very much.

“I was about to cry, but it’s not because I miss you, I just met you yesterday, after all.”

The girl said while showing her tongue at him, surprising herself. Being playful was a thing that she had never done in a long time. She didn’t have someone to be playful with in a long time, not since her early childhood days.

“Then why? Is it because the thing you told me yesterday? That there’s nothing for you in this world?”

His expression suddenly turned serious.  A genuine concern could be heard in his voice.

“Something like that.”

“Do you want to tell me the whole reason?”

He asked the girl, making the girl felt surprise not for the first time that day. She was the kind of girl who kept all things to herself. She wasn’t a girl who could converse easily with people, moreover new people. However, strange as it was, she realized she wanted to tell the boy. She wanted to tell him about all kinds of things about her. Just like that, she trusted him, like she had not trusted anyone before.

A few minutes passed before the girl voiced her answer.

“I want to, but people always say that it is dangerous to talk to stranger.”

A flicker of playfulness in her eyes was not missed by the boy, who then smiled again.

“Well, I shall make myself no stranger to you then. My name is Lay.”

Then for maybe the first time in her life, the girl began to talk, straight from her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I decided to divide the last chapter into two chapter. The last part will probably be up tomorrow.

BTW WOW! There are subscribers for this story! I didn't expect that since this story is meant to be just an outlet of my currently dark chaotic thoughts. So thank you so much for those who have subscribed :"" However I'm sorry if you find this story rather pointless :l

Last, if there's anyone who read this who happens to read my other stories, I'm so sorry for not being able to update for so long. I just have a lot of things in my mind and life right now, and like I said before, my mind is currently a wreck. I'll try to update my other stories this week, but I can't make any promise. I'm sorry, really *sobs*