First Chapter

The Right Place

 

It was just an ordinary day for her, just like any others.

After the bell rang, she slowly got up from her school chair, picked up her lunch box, and walked out of the class while softly refusing some of her classmates invitation to join them for lunch. She said she got something to do, a lie that she said to them everyday.  A lie that they accepted without further thinking, for frankly, they didn’t really care that much about her.

The girl walked with her head faced the floor, all the way through the crowd corridor, through all the endless chatters of faceless people, until she found a familiar stair in a dim corner of the school, and climbed it.

She opened the small door at the end of the stair, and shut her eyes to protect them from the blinding light. Though her eyes were closed, she kept walking without any fear that she’d fall, for this was a very familiar place to her. At some point she stopped walking, and lowered herself to sit on the ground, uncaring of the rough concrete it was made of.

She opened her eyes and smiled slightly at the view in front of her. All she could see was green lush trees, stretched below her, for miles ahead. She was sitting near one end of the school’s rooftop,  the one that faced the forest. She inhaled the fresh air and let it out, feeling some of the tension in her body diminished. Some, not all of them.

Then, she cried, letting the rest of the tension out, along with all the pent up sadness and frustration within her. She cried alone, just like she usually did in this exact same place, everyday.

She cried, because of the groundless hollow in her heart.

She cried, because of the emptiness in her life.

She cried, because she felt so useless and helpless.

She cried, because she hated herself.

She cried, because she had no one by her side.

But most of all, she cried, because she knew no matter how hard she tried, she’d never have anyone in her life.

She wept soundlessly, not because she didn’t want someone around to notice, but because as weak as she was, she hated being seen as one.

Eventually, she stopped crying, just like she did everyday, only to cry again the next day.

She wiped the traces of tears from her face, and suddenly, she felt famished.

She unwrapped her lunch box and begun to eat, her eyes busily scanning the beautiful landscape.

No matter how often she sat there, she never got bored from seeing the beautiful scenery in front of her.  It was such a peaceful view.

Peace.

That’s exactly what she was desperately looking for.

If I jump down, right here, right now, will I find peace?

She pondered silently while chewing her food.

“Don’t do it.”

A deep boy’s voice sliced through the cold breeze, successfully startled her.

She  turned her head in surprise and saw a boy. He was wearing the same uniform as she was, and walking slowly towards her. He was handsome. He was quite tall, with white skin, and perfectly sculpted face. A rather short dark-red hair decorated his perfect face.

 “Do what?”

The girl managed to ask calmly, despite being in awe by the boy’s appearance.

“Kill yourself.”

Her eyes widened.

Does he read mind or something?

“How do you..”

“Because I know the look that was on your face, I’ve seen it before.”

He cut her question short.

A strange, but surprisingly comfortable silence lasted between them for a few moments.

“Why shouldn’t I? There’s nothing for me in this world.”

Pain rushed through her battered heart when she finally said the words.

“Wrong, there’s always something, you just have to look in the right place.”

The boy answered with unexpected cheerfulness and confidence.

The conversation between them was cut short by the bell.

The girl hastily re-wrapped her unfinished lunch and walked past by the boy to the door.

“Just to let you know……..”

She heard the boy’s voice from behind her as she gripped the door knob.

“I’ll be here again tomorrow.” He said in a soft voice.

She then opened the door and walked down the stairs, while strangely, feeling a little, just a little bit excited than she had felt in a long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I know I'm supposed to work on my other stories, but my mind just can't seem to cooperate with me. However I've been in some kind of dark depressed mood lately and this is the result. This is just going to be a twoshot, really. I'm afraid this story maybe doesn't make sense because I practically just wrote whatever crossed my mind, but gah! I'm just glad I let this one out. Writing this strangely makes me feel slightly better, so if there's anyone who read this story, I want to say thank you for reading :)