He's like Magic

He's Like Magic

“Byeeee!” I waved my goodbye to my three friends, as I boarded the bus.

We continued to wave to each other, occasionally pulling over-dramatic crying faces here and there, until the bus began to move. The four of us could have been able to head towards the shopping centre together to buy our textbooks, pig out on food, and then simply enjoy each other’s company. But since it was the important lectures that they missed out on, the professors had forced them to stay back for the night classes to catch up.

Once the bus reached my destination, I thanked the driver before getting off, and then headed towards the giant building. Feeling a little thirsty, I decided that I would first grab a smoothie before going off to the book store.

As I boarded the escalator, I felt another presence step on it as well. I could feel their gaze in my direction as they stood next to me. Slowly looking over to my right, I saw a guy who suddenly flashed me a smile, “It’s really busy today, huh?”

The thought of a cute boy talking to me instantly made my heart flutter. I considered these types of situations to be very rare for me, because I always seemed to attract the old, e-looking men, due to my young-looking appearance. My friends would joke around about it, saying that I was, ‘every pedo’s dream’ and that never failed to make me cringe. So to experience this magical event right now, and have the other person to actually be attractive, had my insides squealing.

Quickly calming myself down, I returned the smile and nodded, “Yeah, it sure is crazy, haha.”

His dark hair was styled in a fashionable spiky way that suited him, and the colour of it matched his eyes. I noticed his distinctive looking eye-bags, and at first I thought that they were a bit heavy. But the more I looked at them (and along with the rest of his features) the more natural they looked.

We continued on talking, and he had asked me where a good place to eat was. To this, I directed him towards the top level, where the giant food court was. When we reached the top of the escalator, we stood there somewhat awkwardly, not really sure of how we should part ways. It was probably just my imagination, but I thought it was somewhat adorable to see him shuffling around in the spot, as if trying to think of something to say that would keep me around for longer. He then suddenly asked me if I was going to be heading towards the top level, to which I replied that I was, after making a trip to the book store.

Hearing this, he smiled, “Okay then, I guess I’ll see you there.”

And with that, he began to walk off into a different direction.

Thrilled that he actually wanted to see me again, I did a slight jump and let out a squeal. This caused a few heads to turn into my direction, and the curious looks on their faces must have been questioning the giant grin on my face.

Before dashing off towards the food court, I quickly made my way towards the book store and hunted down my needed textbook.

---------------------------------

To my disappointment, when I had finally reached the top level, he wasn’t there.

I walked around the area, scanning my eyes at the different sections of the place for a familiar panda-eyed boy, but found nothing. Still having that glimmer of hope, I did another round around just to double check; he might have been sitting down somewhere, and I just over looked it?

But I simply couldn’t find him.

I sighed, and then mumbled to myself, “I should have known he wouldn’t have come...”

Feeling rather bummed out at my level of high hopes, I decided to make my way over towards the smoothie bar, hoping that the drink would cheer me up a bit.

---------------------------------

Once I had bought my drink, I went to try and find a table to sit down at, so that I could have a skim through my new text book. Too occupied with the thought of looking for an empty spot, I slightly bumped into someone. I quickly apologized, but when I looked up to see who it was, my surprised eyes were met with the same dark ones that I saw a while ago.

“Were you looking for me?” he questioned, with a cheeky smile.

My eyes awkwardly avoided his gaze when I wasn’t sure of how to answer this. I felt the temperature rising in my cheeks at his question, because I didn’t want to admit the truth. The next thing I knew, he leaned in towards me, and gave my warm cheek a quick peck. By now, I was practically a tomato, and was pretty much on the edge of suffering from cardiac arrest. Seeing my reaction, he laughed and then said something along the lines of ‘cute’.

He suddenly grabbed my hand, and then placed a folded napkin onto the center of my palm, “I hope we can stay in touch.”

He then gave me a playful wink before letting go of my hand.

Oh God, I was trying so hard not to pass out right then and there.

I opened the tissue to see a name written beside a contact number.

“Seungri…?” I read in my mind.

I realized that we never had a chance to properly introduce ourselves, and just when I was about to do that, he was nowhere to be seen. Baffled, I tried my best to see if I could spot that familiar head of his, but he had already vanished into the crowds of people.

This all happened so fast, and it seemed too good to be real.

It was like magic.