Ice Cream

Modern Legend

"Noona! I bought you ice-cream!" Taemin grinned as he his and passed to me mine.

g0amfnrhj:iphone

"Gomawo Tae!" I smiled and took the ice-cream from his hand. We linked arms and walked into school earning stares and snickers from girls while scoffs from the guys. Typical. Taemin remained oblivious towards the obvious crowd and remained bright as ever gleefully away on his ice-cream.

I turned to Taemin and smiled as I watched him savour his chocolate chip ice-cream while listening to his rant on how difficult math was for his simple childlike brain. It was funny how we ended up as friends.

"How was school?" godfather asked. I eyed him from the side as we passed by the now somehow familiar route home from school. The ride home was quiet until he asked. I shrugged and answered nonchantly, "It was alright, I guess."

"Had fun?" he smirked. "If by fun you mean mundane and typically boring then yes, I had fun," I snorted. I hate schooling. He ignored my sarcasm and laughed. "Anyway there is something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" I looked at him.
He turned to me simply before looking back at the road ahead. "Old man has a mission for you. You are to train a boy to be ruthless and skilled in martial arts and change him into one of us."

"What?" As far as I know only the seniors have bagas under them. Baga means junior in other words, a follower or a disciple. Only the well skilled and well versed seniors get to have bagas. I am neither a senior nor do I feel like I am qualified enough to be labelled as a well skilled and well versed warrior. "But I am not a senior appa nor am I good enough to be teaching somebody! Tell harabuji I can't!"

"This is not a request but an order from Master Yang."

I let out a soft sigh and nodded my head. An order is an order.

"We're going home to get changed after that we're heading to the headquarters. You will be meeting your baga later on. From what I heard, he is quite a softie." godfather continued, with disgust in his voice when he mentioned the word softie.

I chuckled. I knew just how much he hated weak men. Such a disgrace to the men race, exact words from him whenever he sees or talks about soft men. "Is he really one of us or a mortal?"

"He is one of us. Except he hates who he is."

"Ah... kireu?" Well this is going to be interesting.

When we arrived at the headquarter in the evening, we went straight to harabuji's main office and that was when I met my baga, Taemin. Who knew the victim I saved from bullying in school was my baga. What a softie indeed, I inwardly scoffed at him while I gave him a quick scan from head to toe. He was wearing a red shirt with a black leather jacket. It was alright until I saw his watch, it was in yellow, neon yellow. Pet peeves no. 1 of Kwon Ah-rin; She hates yellow. Just ew.
 

SHINee_LeeTaemin7.jpg


"Omo! You're the one who saved me in school earlior on!" Taemin smiled and jumped in excitement.

"You know each other?" harabuji cocked an eyebrow and asked. "Yeah, you know each other?" this time it was godfather who asked and his voice was dangerous.

Oh great, here comes explaining, story telling and trying to calm the protective appa.

"Noona your ice-cream is melting!" Taemin looked at me.

"Omo! Oops!" I laughed. Taemin quickly took out a packet of tissue and passed it to me. "Gomawo!"

Over time as I got to know Taemin, I realised he was not as bad as he seems to be. And there were reasons to his soft nature. I grew fond of Taemin and see him as a little brother I never had, my dongsaeng. I was warned by godfather not to be sentimental and develop a special bond with him other than being his bagsh which meant teacher and him being my baga, my junior but I could not help to feel pity for the boy for he lost both his parents at birth when they were killed by Dark Snake's army. The reason being was still unknown. Harabuji refused to tell him and I have not had the chance to ask either.


"Aww, someone's jealous! I smell green soup!" Sunggy sang. I adverted my gaze from Dayong and Taemin to the leader of my group. I rolled my eyes at him, "Shut up Sunggyu! Kim Myungsoo never gets jealous."

"Nawww, is that a way to talk to your hyung, punk!" Sunggyu chuckled and smacked the back of my head. Aish this small eyes! I rubbed the back of my head and mumbled a few incoherent words. I focused my gaze back to where Dayong and Taemin was only to find them walking down the hallway and turned at a corner probably heading to class. I silently sighed.

That smile... Why is it so hard for me to get one and so easy for the guy? Who is he to you Dayong?

"Okay lover boy, that's enough. Sulk any longer and you'll probably be as ugly as Sunggyu hyung!" Sungyeol teased which earned chuckles from the rest and a hard smack at the back by Sunggyu. I chuckled as well.

"Yeah Myungie! You'll see her in class later! Don't forget to snap a picture of her or two! I mean she's hot and if you can't get her, I'mma take her!" Woohyun giggled. I rolled my eyes. This manwhore! How dare he!

"Anyway, where's the maknae?" I asked looking around for the diva of the group and the entire school. If he was around he would have my back and I could ask him a thing or two about the guy Dayong was with. He was not called the diva of the school for nothing.

"He went to class early Myung!" Hoya shrugged his shoulder before turning back his attention to his phone. He was watching Soul Me dance video. Right... "Oh and it's a no from me hyung!" I peeled Woohyun's arm away from my shoulder and walked in front leaving the manwhore upset and whiny. What a drama king!

"Well, looks like Myungsoo finally found his match!" Dongwoo laughed. "I know right!" Sunggyu cheered. "Wanna bet?" Sungyeol excitedly yelled. "Call! My bet is on Dayong that she will never succumb to Myungsoo's charms!" Woohyun clapped. I rolled my eyes, again. Do they honestly think I can't hear them? "I bet on Myungsoo!" Hoya smiled. That's right hyung! Believe in me! "Me too!" Sungyeol and Dongwoo added in. "Mine is on Dayong!" Sunggyu cheered once more.

Good God... Please help my retarded best friends!