Ah (아) meaning 'beautiful' and Rin (린) meaning 'gem'.

Modern Legend

"Push harder Dara, come on! She's coming out, I can see her head!" Jiyong yelled desperately.

"I'm trying! Ar... argh!" Dara uses all the strenght she could muster and pushed the infant out from her bloody harder, clutching my hand tightly leaving crescent-shaped nails marking on them.

"You can do this Dara!" I tried to comfort her. Dara simply nodded her head and pushed again. After whar seems like forever, she finally came out, wailing hard. The crises that melted our scarred and hard rock hearts Their little baby girl. I let go of Dara's hand slowly and quickly grabbed a towel.

"Here. Wrap her with these, now." I shoved the towel to Jiyong. Jiyong smiled and did as told. 

"She's beautiful Geun Suk Hyung..." Jiyong softened. It was a rare sight to see Jiyong soften up like that. It was a beautiful moment for all of us as we immersed ourselves in the baby's beauty. She had Dara's eyes and Jiyong's nose and lips. 

"Hey... My turn don't you think?" Dara let out a weak smile. Jiyong's head shot up from the baby's view and met eyes with Dara as he slowly brought the baby to Dara with a smile. Jiyong carefully placed her on Dara's weak lap. "She's beautiful Yongie... She looks just like you..." Dara let out a few drops of tears. Tears of joy. "No baby, she looks like us." Jiyong grinned. 

"Jiyong! Dara won't stop bleeding!" I yelled. The pool of blood continued to pile on the concrete floor. 

"We need to get her to the hospital now Jiyong!" I yelled again. Panic started to take over me. 

"Wha... what?! Let's go now!" Jiyong stuttered. Dara held Jiyong's hands and shook her head, "It's too late... Jiyong, Geun Suk, it's too late... I know I won't be able to make it now... Please, take care of her me...".

"What are you talking about Dara?! Don't leave me! We need you!" Jiyong started crying.

Dara turned to look at me. "Geun Suk, you will help me right?"

I smiled and nodded my head. "I will Dara, don't worry."

"Let's name her Ah-rin. Ah (아) meaning 'beautiful' and Rin (린) meaning 'gem'. Kwon Ah-rin because to me she's my precious little treasure." Dara smiled, Ah-rin's cheeks lovingly. "Aegi-ah, my little Ah-rin, mianhe if Omma wouldn't be around to feed you, or take good care of you, shower you with love and care in the future. Mianhe Ah-rin, but always remember Omma love you very much..." tears started falling as Dara spoke like the rain to a dry desert. Suddenly, as though Ah-rin understood what her mother had just said, she started smiling and something on her skin, at her chest area, to be exact, on her heart shone. A small burst of neon blue light shone from her heart. 

"It's the Blue Phoenix's birthmark Hyung!" Jiyong gasped as he bent down closer at Ah-rin's body to take a closer and better look. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWTxD4vL_vN56vdnFVSHn

I bent down and took a closer look as well. Indeed, it was the Blue Phoenix's birthmark. This means Ah-rin's life is in danger... She possess great powers since she's half mortal...

"Jiyong, Ah-rin is in danger!" I shot up. Jiyong could only nod his head.

"I need to go now..." Dara gave out a weak smile once again as she slowly close her eyes. Her eyelids slowly dropping to a close. 

"No! Don't Dara! No! No! No! No!" Jiyong shook Dara's shoulders hard forgetting that Ah-rin was still on Dara's laps. I quickly took Ah-rin away from Dara's now lifeless body. 

"Jiyong... Let it go..." I placed a hand on Jiyong's back.

"How am I going to live now Hyung... Without Dara..." Jiyong sobbed.

"Jiyong-ah... You still have me, and Ah-rin..." I rubbed Jiyong's back. Jiyong kissed Dara's forehead, nose and then lips before covering her up with the blanket. Jiyong slowly stood up and took Ah-rin from me. "It looks like it's just you and Appa now Ah-rin... I promise you, you will be not be deprive of any love or anything at all in fact. You are Appa's little princess." Jiyong hugged Ah-rin and light kissed her forehead.

"Kwon Jiyong, pass me that baby now!" Red Spider made a typical dramatic grand entrance by breaking the door on the old abandoned house. 3 ninjas then stepped out and stood beside her, two on her side and the other on at the back.

Jiyong quickly passed me Ah-rin and ordered, "Run, now!". I know exactly what he meant and quickly took off. The only thing in my mind was to save Ah-rin first that I had totally forgotten about Jiyong's safety. 


I ordered Geun Suk to run, to run with my daughter. Eunjung suddenly barged in with 3 ninjas. I know she wants both Dara and Ah-rin dead. But I can't let her kill my daughter since my wife now is already dead. Ah-rin is my only strenght left to go on. 

"After them!" Eunjung screamed. The 3 ninjas quickly took off but I stopped them. I swiftly killed the 3 of them with my powers.

"Do you honestly think I cannot handle them?" I smirked. "You're too stupid Eunjung."

"Shut up Jiyong!" Eunjung yelled as she lunged an attack on me. Eunjung was a problem. Eunjung is an immortal, unlike Dara. She can't be killed easily, not even with my God-like powers. The only way to kill her was to stab her heart with the Sword of Grace. 

FantasySword1.jpg

I dodged her attack and she landed beside Dara's lifeless body. "So the is here... Sleeping?!" Eunjung scoffed and slapped Dara's face. "Don't touch her!" I hissed and quickly shifted myself to Dara. I picked Dara's lifeless body up and placed her on the worn-out mattress at the corner.

"She's already gone." I turned to Eunjung.

"Good! Very good! My job is easier now then!" Eunjung let out a hysterical laugh. It irked me. She irked me. I hated this woman ever since. She disgust me. I quickly ran to the cabinet at the other corner of the room and brought out the Sword Of Grace hidden from on top. 

Eunjung gasped. "You bastard... You had it all along?!"

"Do you honestly think I'll let Dark Snake keep it?!" I rolled my eyes. I held the sword in my right hand firmly and ran to Eunjung. I'm going to kill you . I'm going to kill you for all the you have done to Dara when she was still alive, to Geun Suk Hyung, to me. 

Eunjung took quick steps back as I approach her with speed. "Wha... what are you trying to do Ji... Jiyong Op... pa?!" 

"Don't call me Oppa you , don't even say my name!" I yelled and brought my sword up. Eunjung dodged the attack and fought back with her own sword. After a few blows with the sword, we ended up on the ground. I quickly stood up and was about to stab Eunjung when she stood up as well and again, dodge it. She started playing with my head by spinning her webs and went around my back. I threw a ball of fire at her. She fell to the ground once again, wincing in pain. I plunged at her and stab her heart with the Sword Of Grace. 

"Argh! No... No!!!" Eunjung screamed as I push the sword deeper in. 

"You deserved this Eunjung... After all the destruction you have done to the people around you!" I hissed at her. I stood up to check on Dara. I wanted to hug her, that was all that I wanted after killing that . I was walking when I felt a sharp pain at the back, something was stabbing me. And it wasn't any kind of pain, it was the worse pain I have ever felt in my entire life. I turned around and see a limping Eunjung, smirking, with the Sword of Grace in her hands covered in blood. My blood.

"We shall... all die together... then..." Eunjung laughed weakly and fell to the ground together with the Sword of Grace with a loud thud. er! Pain gushed up to my brains and the all over my body, I felt weak. I fell to my knees, with my back facing upwards. I have never felt this weak before. So this is how it feels like to die? Memories of me and Dara started flashing, like a presentation slide, in front of me. I could not help but to smile. My Dara... my beautiful Dara... My butterfly... And then images of Ah-rin came out. I'm sorry baby... Appa has to go too... Geun Suk Hyung, please take care of Ah-rin for me... I stood up slowly, with all my strenght and walked to where Dara's body was. The last thing I wanted was to die beside a . I want to die beside the love of my life. I limped to Dara and after what seems like thousand of miles away, I was beside her. I slumped myself next to her and wrapped my arms around her petite figure. "I love you Sandara Kwon... With all my heart." I whispered before finally closing my eyes to join Dara in the Underworld.


I ran off, like how a coward would but I could not do anything about it. Ah-rin is far more important than Jiyong's life. Ah-rin is the Blue Phoenix, she is The Warrior of Justice. She needs to be alive. She needs to live and find Gold Dragon so that Dark Snake could finally land herself in the deepest pit of Hell. 

The only person who can help me now is Master Yang. Yang Hyun-suk. Dara's godafther, also the guy who took Dara in as a member of the immortals even though she was a mortal. I ran at top speed to Master Yang's hideout. I am a Fire Sphinx, half horse half immortal and running at lightning speed was normal. 

Geun Suk Hyung, please take care of Ah-rin for me... I heard Jiyong's voice in my head. Could it be? No! There is no way Jiyong is dead as well! I shook my worry off and tried to comfort myself. I need to keep Ah-rin safe first. 

I arrived at Master Yang's hideout and quickly went in.

"Geun Suk, what's the hurry?" Master Yang looked at me with a worried face. "And who's child is that?"

"Dara's and Jiyong's daughter. She's the Blue Phoenix, Master. She's The Warrior of Justice we have been searching for!" I announced tiredly. I was exhausted. Master Yang's eyes widened. "She is the Blue Phoenix? The Warrior of Justice?" 

"Yes." I opened the towel covering Ah-rin's fragile body, revealing her birthmark engraved on her left chest, on her heart.

Master Yang gasped. "We found her!"

"Yes and she's in danger. Red Spider was chasing for her just now but Jiyong stopped her and told me to run." I explained.

"Where's Dara?" Master Yang looked at me.

"She's... dead. She died from labour..." I softly announce. Tears started welling up on Master Yang's eyes. Yet, another rare sight. I had never seen Master Yang cried before. Master Yang took Ah-rin from my arms and hugged her. "Poor child..."

"What are we going to do now Master?" 

"Bring her to Korea, South Korea. Japan is not a safe place anymore. I will prepare everything for you. You and Ah-rin will leave first thing in the morning! I know Dark Snake will be searching for her herself now since Red Spider failed to do so." Master Yang explained with a worried expression on his face.

"Jiyong... I think he's dead too... I don't know..." I looked down. His voice in my head just now made me thought that way. Jiyong sounded so weak, it sounded like as though he was dying, he sounded like how a dying person would sound. "I need to go back and check on him!" I was about to run off when Master Yang stopped me. "No Geun Suk! It's too risky! I will get my men to do that!" 

I hesitate for awhile. You'll be ok right Jiyong? You won't leave Ah-rin right? You won't leave us like how Dara did right? 

"Don't hesitate Geun Suk. You need to stay alive to raise her. She needs you!" Master Yang placed a hand on my shoulder. He's right. I need to take care of Ah-rin. I nodded my head. Master Yang then pass Ah-rin to me. "Go upstairs and wash up. I will get the female ninjas to get clothes for her. What's her name Geun Suk?" 

"Ah-rin, Kwon Ah-rin." I smiled.

"Ah-rin... Beautiful gem?" Master Yang Ah-rin's cheeks. Ah-rin let out a cute smile. 

"Yes, Ah-rin as in beautiful gem." 


"Geun Suk..." I slowly entered the room. I had to deliver the bad news. The news that Jiyong is indeed dead, and so was Red Spider. 

"Oh... Master?" Geun Suk placed the sleeping Ah-rin on the bed carefully and walked towards me. "What is it?"

"My men has already checked... And Jiyong... He's dead... It seems like he was stabbed with the Sword Of Grace by Eunjung. Eunjung is dead too..." I carefully broke the news to Geun Suk. Geun Suk's face fell. "Dead?! Jiyong is dead?!" Geun Suk gasped. Jiyong was Geun Suk's godbrother. They both grew up together. "Yes... Geun Suk, I know it's hard but you have to stay strong. Ah-rin needs you now that both her parents are dead."

Geun Suk slowly nodded his head, absorbing in every word I have just said to him. "Thank you Master..." Geun Suk muttered.

"I have already prepared everything. Leave with Ah-rin now. I'm sure news have spread to Dark Snake's ears that Jiyong and Red Spider are dead and Ah-rin is still alive. Bring the Sword of Grace with you." I motioned him to pick up Ah-rin now and he did. 

We walked to the rooftop where the helicopter was waiting. Youngbae, my right wingman stepped out of the helicopter. "Everything is ready sir." Youngbae bowed. "Good. Bring them now. And make sure they land safely!" I ordered Youngbae. Youngbae bowed again. "Yes sir!"

I turned to Geun Suk and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Take good care of Ah-rin and the sword for me Geun Suk-ah. Please stay safe and train her. Don't hide her identity from her. Tell her the truth. This is her destiny, her fate. There is no use trying to deny that. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Master. I know. I will take good care of her. I swear to that." Geun Suk looked at Ah-rin and smiled. "Will you be ok?"  

I laughed. "Of course. You know very well Dark Snake up till does not know where the hell I am and even if she does, she can't kill me, not without the Sword of Grace. I will be ok. Don't worry. I will contact you soon!"

Geun Suk nodded his head. I bid farewell to the both of them as they entered the helicopter. 

"Make sure they land safe Youngbae!" I ordered once again.

"You have my life sir! I will sir, yes sir!" Youngbae answered.

I watch the helicopter flew off till it was no longer visible. Stay safe Geun Suk, Ah-rin.