"I'm Kim Myungsoo but you can call me L."

Modern Legend

"Have you got everything ready?" 

I sighed. God, for a guy, this old man sure nags a lot. "For the thousandth time Appa, yes I have got everything ready!" I waddled to the car impatiently.

"Are you sure?" my godfather, Jang Geun Suk followed me from behind. I spun myself around and placed my hands on my hips. "Oh my God, yes, yes, yes, yes I am sure, positively, very sure!"

Godfather let out a chuckle. "Alright Ms Chilli! You grow up so fast. I can't believe you're entering College now Ah-rin!"

I softened up and smiled. I walked up to my godfather and slung an arm around him. "Aw come on old man! No need to get emotional!"

"What did you call me?!" my godfather shot me a glare.

I backed away playfully with my hands up in the air. "Nothing!" I sheepishly grinned and went into the car.

"Now, Ah-rin, you know what to do when you're in school right?" Godfather said as he joined me in the car and fastened his seatbelt.

"Yes. I do. No showing off or telling anyone of my birthmark, no wavering of emotions, no friends and definitely no troublemaking." I smiled. "Don't worry pops! I know what to do!"

Godfather smiled and nod his head. The drive to my new school was silent as I drown myself in deep thoughts.

I could never imagine myself as an immortal, well actually half mortal half immortal. According to my godfather, I was more powerful that an immortal itself because of my breed. A mixed breed. The last mixed breed to ever lived was the Ice Hawk and that was ten thousand years ago. And since I'm a Blue Phoenix, The Warrior of Justice, it made me even more superior as according to the ancient script of legends, I'm the protector of The Legend, the King of Infinity, the mighty Gold Dragon. I was told about everything, from my birth parents to my powers and abilities to who I truly am when I was 4 and ever since then I was trained. I was taught heavy self-defense and martial arts. I was trained on how to use my powers and abilities wisely and properly. I was raised to be cold and heartless to the human kind because my godfather said that if I were to let my guards down even for just a second, I might be in the hands of the Dark Snake. I have no idea who exactly is Dark Snake and how she looks like. All I know is that she is a female who age over 4000 years old. She never aged according to my godfather. She keeps her youth and beauty maintained by drinking 100 women blood every year. I never had any relationship with other people other than my own godfather, and grandfather Yang. I was never allowed to. Friendships and relationships were a luxury I could never afford therefore I was always alone in school, an outcast though boys would usually chase after me thanks to my beauty and body but I have never allowed myself to waver.
Godfather told me Omma died from labour. And sometimes I blame myself for that. And Appa, he said he died from an accident. But I know better that he was lying. He is definitely keeping the truth from me but up till now, I found no clue. Grandfather Yang said that Omma was very beautiful, talented and skillful just like how I am. And she had a heart of gold too whereas Appa was kind and caring, always helping others. How I wish my parents were still alive. But that is ok. I have godfather now and to me, he is just like my Appa, my real Appa. He has been taking good care of me since forever and he raised me up well with no deprivation of any love or care.

"A penny for your thoughts my dear daughter?" I was awaken from my reminiscence by godfather's sudden question. I turned to him and smiled. "Anni... I was just daydreaming."

Grandfather nodded his head and continued driving. After a few turns around the neighborhood, we finally reached my school.

school_arts_singapore_f090810_pbh2.jpg

I stepped out of the car immediately, followed by my Godfather. "This place looks boring!" I laughed. Godfather chuckled. "Just get through with it!"

"Have fun and stay safe. Be careful arraso? If there's anything, remember to call me." Godfather pecked my forehead. "Neh Appa!" I smiled. I watched my Godfather drive away till his car was no more in sight before turning my view back to the school. "Great... Another level of education. Ugh."

I walked around the school trying to find the Principal's office. I would not be lost if only godfather allowed me to attend the orientation day provided for new students. I rolled my eyes thinking about it. I was never allowed to attend any orientation at all because it would mean having to talk and make new friends, socialising around. It would mean danger for me and for my identity.

"Are you lost Miss?" a young lady, in her late twenties stopped me. She looked like a teacher.

I politely bow and replied her flatly, "Yes. I'm looking for the Principal's office.".

"Ah, I see! Follow me then!" she smiled.

"I'm Miss Im, Miss Im Yoona. I'm a Botanist Teacher here in Seoul College of High Degrees." She introduced herself as we walked to the Principal's office.

I gave her a small beam. "Are you new here?" Miss Im asked.

I nodded my head.

"No wonder!" she laughed. "Here we are! Just knock on the door before going in." Miss Im smiled and walked off.

"Come in!" a deep voice replied to my knocks. I twist the doorknob of the door and calmly walked in.

"Yes?" the same voice asked me as I went in.

"I'm here to get my schedule sir." I replied.

His head shot up from the pile of files he was looking through and looked at me. "Ah! Are you Miss Park? Park Dayong?"

I stared at him forgetting that godfather had our names changed to keep our identities a secret. I quickly composed myself and smiled. "Yes, I am."

"Ah yes! Your father called this morning to say you're coming. You didn't went for the orientation?" He smiled.

"No sir. I was overseas." I lied.

"Ah I see! That's ok then! You can get to know your classmates today! Don't worry about it!"

I simply nodded my head. As if I am allowed to mingle around.

"Hold on Miss Jang while I get your schedule."

"Yes sir."

He reached for a file on the top shelf of his shelves and pulled out a piece of paper. "Here. Your first class had already started. But don't worry, I will write you a note for your teacher so he or she understands."

I smiled and thanked him. "I'm Mr Choi, Mr Choi Seunghyun but just call me Mr TOP. That's what all the brats here calls me. I hope you'll have a pleasant time here in Seoul College of High Degrees Miss Park!" Mr TOP laughed and shook my hand. "Hopefully I will Mr TOP." I shook his hand back and walked out of his office.

I scanned through my timetable schedule. First up was Botany. Hmm... Will Miss Im be my teacher? I walked to where my classroom was stated in the paper and found it after a few wrong turns around the level. I knocked on the classroom door before going in. To my expectation, Miss Im was there and indeed, she was my teacher for Botany.

"Ah, you! Is your first class here?" Miss Im smiled. I nodded my head as I walked to where she was standing. "Yes Ms Im. And I'm sorry that I'm late."

"Ah, it's alright dear. How about you introduce yourself to the class?" Miss Im beamed and turned to face my classmates. "Class, we have a new student so please give her your attention as she introduce herself!"

"Annyeonghaseyo. Park Dayong inmida but you can just call me Day for short. I am new here. Please look after me. Kamsamidah." I bowed politely after introducing myself. As I got back up from my bow, I met eyes with my classmates. Guys were smirking as they scanned me from head to toe, mostly staring at my body while some at my face. Some of the girls gave me polite smiles while some simply rolled their eyes, scowled and whispered what seems like insults from the face expressions they were giving me.

"Alright class. Please take good care of our Dayong here. Dayong, feel free to choose your seat." Miss Im smiled. I looked around the class. The tables were two by two and everyone had a partner. I was thankful when I spot two empty tables by the window at the back of the class. I walked gracefully to the empty table and sat down.

Miss Im continued teaching, explaining the harmful effects of poisonous flowers when I felt something being thrown at me. I looked down at the 'something' and it turned out to be a crushed paper. I opened it up and the word "Ugly duck!" was written on it. I looked at the other side of the classroom and saw a girl with bangs and long wavy hair smirking at me while the girl beside her and another two girls in front of them laughed.

"!" she mouthed. I rolled my eyes and looked to the front. This isn't the first time Kwon Ah-rin, it's ok. They're just jealous. Just endure this for another 3 years and graduate from this stinking school then you'll be able to join the Secret Society of Immortals.

The class was three hours long so Miss Im gave us a thirty minutes break in between. "Ok class! Time now is 9.30am, come back at 10am sharp alright! No latecomers! Those who wish to visit the toilet or grab something light to eat are allowed to do so. Those who wish to simply rest their head, do their own things or listen to music are allowed to do so as well!"

A tall guy, with black jet hair, and surprisingly beautiful features, pretty face and a well built body entered the class. I could not help but stare at the guy. "Sorry I'm late Miss Im!" he grinned.

"Well, well, well, isn't it the great Kim Myungsoo who is late, again." Miss Im snickered. "Why were you late this time Mr Kim?"

"I woke up late?" Myungsoo smirked.

image

"Just go to your seat Mr Kim." Miss Im gave up. Myungsoo looked around and met eyes with me. He looked at me and smirked and that was when I realised I was staring at him with my mouth opened. I mentally knock myself. Pabo! Do not waver! You have never waver before! What is this?! I quickly looked away and took out my phone. I plugged my earpiece in and blast Jessie J's Hero full volume.

Myungsoo walked towards me and sat down on the seat next to mine. Without my permission, he took out my earpiece and looked at me. "Hey gorgeous. You're sitting in my seat but hey, that's ok. You can sit with me. I know how girls are dying to even go near me."

I was disgusted all of a sudden, no longer feeling awed by his looks. Why this conceited bastard! I rolled my eyes and snatched my earpiece back from his hands. I looked around the class miraculously hoping an empty seat would appear out of nowhere but to my disappointment, nothing happened. Great, now I'm stuck with this . I tried to ignore him but then I realised he was staring at me.

"What's your name?" I pretended not to hear him though we both know that there was not any song blasting through my earpiece at the moment since I paused it after the conceited disrupted my peace. "I'm Kim Myungsoo but you can call me L." L chuckled, extending a hand for a shake. In your dreams. I ignored him again and looked out of the window. "Feisty... I like!" he laughed and took out a book from his bag. He started drawing my side profile. Annoyance.


"I woke up late?" I smirked at Miss Im. She knows exactly why I did so.

"Just go to your seat Mr Kim." Miss Im sighed and gave up. I looked at my table and saw someone sitting in my seat. God, she's beautiful. She was staring at me with her jaws wide open. Uh huh! Must have found me handsome now didn't you? I smirked at her. She looked away immediately. As I walk to her, I absorbed in her beauty. Her eyes were hazelnut brown, big and feline-like. Her double eyelids were detailedly engraved. Definitely not surgery! Natural fo'sure! Her nose wasn't that high but wasn't too low either, it was just nice and it suited her beautiful face perfectly. Her lips were pouty and red. Her skin was milky white, not a flaw spotted. Her hair was short, layered. Most girls look like butches to me with short hair but she was different. She looked like a Goddess like that. Brown, straight and soft, her hair was shining and it smelled like coco powder. She's not wearing any makeup? Daebak! She was a natural beauty to me.

I sat down on the seat next to her and took out her earpiece. "Hey gorgeous. You're sitting in my seat but hey, that's ok. You can sit with me. I know how girls are dying to even go near me." I smirked at her. I was curious about her character and attitude.

To my surprise, she rolled her eyes at me with full disgust and snatched her earpiece back from my hands. She looked around the class probably hoping for another empty seat but too bad there was not any. I chuckled quietly.

"What's your name?" I asked. She pretended not to hear anything. Like as if I don't know there isn't any song playing. "I'm Kim Myungsoo but you can call me L." I chuckled, extending a hand for a shake. She ignored me once again and looked out of the window. "Feisty... I like!" I laughed and took out a my sketch book from my bag. Her side profile was too mesmerising that taking a picture would not do justice so I decided to sketch it in because to me, she looked like a work of art truly.



A/N:
Still no subscriber or comments? Aw, shucks. Now I feel y! Please subscribe and comment!