BREAKING

FADING MEMORY [EXO-M EDITION]

          Days passed by slowly and the wound inside me still hurts.

          Maybe it is time to go. To find the part of me I lost when Lay and I broke up. To walk away. To mend. To be stronger.

          We haven't talked since we separated two weeks ago. No "hi's" or "hello's". Not even a nod when we cross path in the school coridors. I learned to live with it, pretend to be okay when deep inside I ache. But I couldn't live with the pain anymore. I think I need a vacation. I just need to go away. Away from Lay. Away from everything that reminds me of him.

The following Monday, I talked to my uncle, Luhan's father, president of the university.

          "Dad."

          "Rain. I'm glad you could visit me here in the office. You haven't been visiting us lately." giving me a tight hug, genuinely happy to see me.

          Oh how I wanted to share everything to him but I'm a grown-up now. I need to solve my own problems. Uncle Yunho has been my second father. It took me awhile to call him "dad" to which he insisted I do.

          "I'm very sorry. I've been very busy with school and work ately." I lied.

          He smiled at me. "I wish Luhan works as hard as you do. Which reminds me, though I would sound like a broken record, you don't have to work to earn a living."

          "I know, but I wanted to try. To appreciate the things I work hard for and you work hard for."

          "You sound exactly like your late father. Headstrong. Always wanting to experience what life has to offer. And I'm proud of you."

          Uncle Yunho, second to Luhan never fails to make me feel better. I guess it was the right thing to talk to him afterall.

          "Dad, can I get a two week vacation from school?" I asked, hopeful.

          "But why? It's the middle of the semester. Can you not schedule your vacation during the holidays?" he asked alarmed. It wasn't like me to ask for a vacation during the busiest time of the school year.

          "I haven't actually decided when to have my vacation but I really want to think things through." I explained wringing my hands and leaving the matter about Lay.

          He placed his hand on his chin, trying to consider what I asked him. "Not that I wouldn't let you. You know you can always go, right? But Rain, make sure you will not miss any major examinations and pass all requirements." Uncle Yunho reminded me.

          "Appa, you're the best! Thank you." giving him a peck on the cheek. That was when he ruffled my hair, something that I miss since I moved out of their house.

          "Talk to me when you're ready. I'm always here to listen." placing his hand on my shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

          He knows. Maybe Luhan told him. And I'm glad he did not insist.

          On my way down to my classroom, I caught a figure entering the locker room down the hallway. Students aren't supposed to be there since there is no scheduled P.E. classes today. Curious that I am, I headed towards the room. I could hear voices from the inside. I slowly opened the door and entered silently. I scanned the area and at the corner of the spacious area, I saw him kissing another girl.

          Lay. Lay is kissing another girl.

          The world must have hated me. I wanted soo much to cry but no tears fell from my eyes. I feel numb from the pain. From the pain Lay inflicted this time around.

 

 

to be continued...