Good Bye

FADING MEMORY [EXO-M EDITION]

Lay held my hands tightly like never wanting to let go and brought them to his lips. My tears continue to fall as reality dawned on me.

 

This is really good bye.

 

I wanted him to hold me in his arms, Tell me everything's going to be alright. But he only looked at me, his eyes full of regret. Of pain. Of hesitation.

 

"Please don't do this to me, Lay. Please." I begged, squeezing his hands, sending him a message that he's being unfair by giving up on us. On me. With our love. And I could feel my heart being ripped apart.

 

"I'm sorry, Rain. I can't promise to be friends with you after this. Not after this." 

 

He kissed my forehead, my eyes, his hand caressing my face. And he kissed my quivering lips one last time. My sob muffled, my tears fall.

 

My beautiful Lay.

 

I looked at him one last time and it's adding to the throbbing pain inside me, the agony of losing the exquisite creature that once was mine. 

 

"Someday, you'll find the man who will cherish and love you more than I did." his head touching mine. I gave him a smile that never reached my eyes.

 

I closed my eyes, wishing so bad everything was all a bad dream. Tomorrow, maybe tomorrow I will wake up and Lay would still be there for me. Like always.

 

But today, Lay belonged to the past. And although I am still in love with him, I knew we could never be together.

 

And tomorrow will just be a dream.

 

He threw me one last look and he was gone, leaving me cold and desolate. His good bye echoes through my heart.

 

 

I walked endlessly without direction.

 

It's funny how the stars witnessed my pain. I looked at the night sky and see the crescent moon staring down at me with pity, reminding me of a boy that wasn't mine anymore.