My Lucky Charm

[One Shot Compilation] Kyuhyun Couple

He’s hungry but has no much money in his pocket.  The money is just enough to bring him back to his rent room.  He’s heading to the bus station when rain starts to pour.  The bus station is quite far so he decides to shelter for a while in front of a Chinese restaurant.

Suddenly a girl bumps him, “Sorry,” she says in quite weird accent.  The boy recognizes she talks Korean with a bit accent of Chinese.

It’s ok.  Are you alright?” he asks the girl in Chinese.

You can speak Chinese?” the girl also replies in Chinese.

Yeah, a bit.  Are you alright?  You almost slipped,” the boy asks once again.

I’m fine.  By the way I’m Qian, Song Qian (Victoria’s real name),” the girl introduces herself.

I’m Cho Kyuhyun, nice to know you,” Kyuhyun also introduces himself.

Victoria is going to enter the restaurant when she asks, “are you coming or not?”  She’s using Korean.

Kyuhyun shakes his head.  “I’m not really hungry,” he lies.

“Everybody can tell that you’re hungry,” Victoria disagrees.  “Come on, let’s wait the rain stop inside.  It’s pretty cold out here.”

Kyuhyun shakes his head once again, “honestly, I don’t have money to buy anything right now.”

Victoria thinks for a moment, “Wait, actually I’m working here.  I can get some food for you,” she smiles and without waits for Kyuhyun’s answer she gets in.

Several minutes later she comes back with a lunch box.  “Here you are,” she’s handing it to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun holds the box, “is it okay for you giving me this?” he’s worried.

“It’s okay.  They won’t go bankrupt just because of that,” she points the box.  “Now, where are you going to eat it? Or you will just take it home?” she asks.

“Actually I really am hungry, maybe I’ll just eat this here while waiting the rain stops.”

“Well, I know a place.  Follow me!” Victoria grabs Kyuhyun’s free hand and drags him to the left side of the restaurant.

There is a wooden bench next to the restaurant’s back door.  “The workers sometimes come here to rest,” she explains.

Kyuhyun nods and sits.  “Don’t you have work to do?” he asks politely.

“I’m quite free right now.  I can accompany you but if you mind I can go inside,” Victoria says.

“I don’t mind.  Have you eaten?” he asks.

“Don’t mind me, just eat by yourself.  But tell me, how can you speak Chinese?” Victoria is curious.

I’m an art student majoring in drawing.  I want my drawings to be known internationally so I’m learning English and Chinese,” he replies in perfect Chinese.

You sound like native, I thought you were Chinese,” Victoria chuckles.  Kyuhyun smiles for her words.

Do you want some?” he offers the food.  “But there’s only a pair of chopsticks, you can use it if you don’t mind,” he gives the chopsticks.

“No no, please don’t mind me,” Victoria replies.

“You don’t want to use same chopsticks with me, do you?” he grumbles.

“Ah that’s not it! You really look hungry,” Victoria chuckles.

Kyuhyun offers her the food once again, but this time he’s going to feed her.  “Then open your mouth,” he says.

“Really, don’t mind me,” Victoria rejects it again.

“Very well then, I’m finish.  I’m not going to eat anymore, thanks for the food,” he says cunningly.  Victoria has no choice except to accept the food, he’s finally successful to feed her.  He smiles, Victoria blushes.

Since that day, they become really close.  Kyuhyun comes almost every day and Victoria always treats him lunch.

 

“Say Kyu, why don’t you draw something that reminds us to China and I will hang it in the restaurant,” one day Victoria suggests.

“Can you really do it?  Wouldn’t the owner object?”

“As long as you draw it beautifully, I think no one will object.”

“Ok, I’ll try to draw one.”  Kyuhyun seems thinking about something and says, “Can I draw anything?” he asks.

“Just try it.  If it turns to be a good one, we’ll pay for it,” she smiles.

“Pay for what?  You’ve helped me a lot, I’ll do it as a gift for a friend,” he smiles.

About a week later, he brings his drawing.  It’s really beautiful, a simple drawing but perfectly fits the restaurant.  He just drew a beautiful Chinese girl who oddly looks like Victoria, even the reddish clothes she’s wearing similar to what Victoria wore when they first met.

What did exactly you draw?” Victoria asks him.  He just raises his eyebrows several times to .

“Anyway thanks,” she sincerely thanks him.

 

 “Guess what, noona.  An investor wants to make a single exhibition for me!” Kyuhyun starts to call her noona.

“What’s with ‘noona’ thing?  You weren’t this polite,” Victoria sticks her tongue out.

“I just want to emphasize that you’re old,” Kyuhyun smirks.

“ANYWAY- congratulation!! Where will it be?” she asks.

Kyuhyun hesitates for a while, “Emmm noona, I will be busy for about six months.  I’ll need to go to Japan… tomorrow,” he says.

“Well… it’s a good thing, isn’t it?” Victoria forces a smile.  “Cheer up!” she hits Kyuhyun lightly.

Kyuhyun smiles awkwardly, “thanks to you, he said he saw my drawing at this restaurant and he’s interested.”

“Well yeah, several people asked for your contact.” Victoria says.  They can’t get rid the awkwardness.

“Can we take a picture together before I go?” Kyuhyun finally breaks the ice.  “I need something to scare the mosquitoes away,” he teases her.

“Don’t think I’ll give you that chance!” Victoria pouts.  In the end they take several memorable photos.

***

It has been more than two years since Kyuhyun went to Japan.  He never contacted Victoria even once, she thought he forgot her when that day the door opens and Kyuhyun gracefully enters.

“Excuse me, is Song Qian still works here?” he asks one of the workers.

“Song Qian?  Do you mean, Ms. Song the owner of this restaurant?”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, “Well, maybe she has been promoted,” he thought.  He nods and asks him to call Victoria.  He waits while looking into the menu.

“Do you need to meet me?”

Kyuhyun hears a familiar voice, he lifts his hear and their eyes meet.  “I need you,” he smirks.

“Kyuhyun ah!!” Victoria shouts in joy.  “It’s been a while, how dare you never contact me?” she pouts.

“Well, hold your anger, noona.  Please sit and order something delicious, my treat,” he gives his wide smile.

“Wow, you’re now a billionaire, aren’t you?” Victoria teases him.

“More or less,” he grins.  “Btw, why do you look so tired?  Is there something happen?” he asks.

“Frankly speaking, I’m thinking about closing this restaurant,” Victoria looks down.

WHY?” Kyuhyun’s surprised.

“The business didn’t go smooth, we can’t pay the building owner on time.  He had enough patience, it’s the third month we haven’t paid yet.  He asked us to move out in the end of the month.”

“Hmm.. try to sell my drawing.  It’ll cost pretty much I guess, I’m now a famous artist afterall,” he grins.

“What, sell that?” Victoria points his drawing.  “I don’t want to, even if I went bankrupt.  That’s your lucky charm, remember?   That’s what makes you famous in the first place,” Victoria says.

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath, “well forget it for a while! Aren’t you going to tell me what exactly you are?” Kyuhyun complains.

“What am I? What do you mean?” she asks back.

“That you are the owner of this restaurant!  You never told me, even when you had chances to do so,” he pouts.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun ah,” she’s doing aegyo.

“Cute enough, I forgive you.  But how can you always asked me to eat in the alley?  Why didn’t you let me in if you’re the owner?” he complains again.

“What’s with you being like a kid?” Victoria giggles.  Kyuhyun shrugs.

The food comes and they enjoy the meal together.  It’s quite a long time since Victoria’s last smile.  Now she’s very happy for meeting the person she’s longing.  She doesn’t care if he’s not hers as long as she’s able to be next to him.  Honestly, she hoped Kyuhyun would ask her out, but even after years, he’s still act like a younger brother.

Noona, I have an important business right now.  Wish you a good day, I’ve to go,” Kyuhyun says in such hurry after finishing the meal.

“Do you have to go now?” Victoria fails to hide her disappointment.

“You miss me so much, don’t you?” Kyuhyun teases her. “Well, my girl needs my help,” he adds.

What, ‘my girl’?  He never mentioned it.  “I see, take care,” Victoria bids her goodbye.

Kyuhyun waves happily while going outside.

 

That day Victoria has a surprising guest.  The building owner comes personally to the restaurant to tell her that the owner now has changed.  He sold the building to someone else, and that someone will come to this restaurant as well to talk with her.  Victoria depressed and start pulling her hair when Kyuhyun comes.

What’s wrong?  Why are you so messed up?  Aren’t you afraid the customer will go away seeing you like this?” Kyuhyun raises his eyebrow.

That’s not important right now.

“Don’t you dare to go outside this room looking like that!” Kyuhyun threats her.  They are talking in workers room in the back side of the building.

“The new owner will come soon,” Victoria says in despair.

“Owner of what?  The owner of your heart?” Kyuhyun jokes.

“Not funny.  The new owner of the building.  I don’t know what should I say,” she pouts.

“Well, at least don’t go like that to meet the owner,” Kyuhyun suggest.

“You’re right, I’ll tidy up myself.  See you later.”

Kyuhyun nods and gets outside.

 

“Have the new owner come?”

Kyuhyun hears Victoria asks her employee.  The employee nods and asks Victoria to follow her, and she brings Victoria to Kyuhyun.

“Hello Ms. Song,” he greets.

“What does it mean?” she’s confused.

“What do you mean?  Introducing myself, I’m Cho Kyuhyun the new owner of this building.  Mind to sit down while we talk?” he asks Victoria to sit.

“So, I would like you to offer a deal regarding this business place.  I know that you’ve been paid certain amount of money every month to the previous owner, but instead of keeping it like that I would like to be your business partner.  You just to give me 5 percent of the income every month, so if the business is not good it is possible that you don’t have to pay me,” he explains.

Victoria stuns for a moment before answering, “Are you serious? It will be far less than I should paid before.”

“I’m serious.  Well this is the contract, read it and sign if you agree,” he gives her the documents.

Victoria reads it and sign, she finds the contract profitable, and in the other hand it’s unprofitable for Kyuhyun.  “Are you sure, it’s going to be like this?” she asks.  He nods.

“Actually I’m going to offer you another deal, here you go,” he gives a brown document’s envelope.

Victoria reads what inside, it’s written in a piece of paper.

 

I, Song Qian, promise to do following actions:

  1. Provide Cho Kyuhyun breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday.
  2. Tell all my worries to Cho Kyuhyun.
  3. Keeping no secret from Cho Kyuhyun.
  4. Fly as fast as I can when Cho Kyuhyun calls me.
  5. Accept Cho Kyuhyun’s love for me.
  6. Tell that I love Cho Kyuhyun everyday.
  7. Love Cho Kyuhyun for real everyday.
  8. Be Cho Kyuhyun’s wife for the rest of my life.

 

Sincerely,

 

 

(sign here, Qian if you agree!)

 

Victoria surprised by the content, “how could I fly?” she asks for the most unimportant thing.

“Okay, I forgot that you are an angle without wings,” Kyuhyun rolls his eyes.“Let me fix it!” he takes the paper and changes ’fly’ into ‘run’.

“How’s now?” Kyuhyun grins.

“Can you be more romantic?” she complains but then signs the paper.

“I always did, do, and will love you, Cho Kyuhyun.”She kisses his cheeks.

“You stole a kiss from me.I’ll make sure to take revenge,” he says while kisses her lips then smirks.“And you know what, that drawing isn’t my lucky charm, it’s you,” he adds smiling.

 


p.s.: the blue ones were spoken in Chinese. :)

Just another short stories.. :D

hope you like it, and as usual it's ~~ THE END ~~