Because I Love You and The Reason Why

Love Knows No Gender

 

“Yes?” a small female asked with the same kind of accent Lu Han had. The only difference was that Lu Han’s accent was adorable when it left his mouth. The woman looked a little bit like Lu Han; beautiful, soft features. They had the same nose and forehead. A beautiful mother, if you asked me. My mother wasn’t really that beautiful, so I envied Lu Han a little for having such a beautiful one.

“Hi,” I tried to sound confident, but failed. “I’m Kim Minseok, one of Lu Han’s friends.”

She opened the door completely and extended her arm in a welcoming manner. Before she’d welcomed me with her body language, she’d been hiding her body behind the door. Only her head had popped out. She smiled pleased at me as I went in.

“You came to see Lu Han, right?” she asked when she closed the door behind me.

She was shorter than me and had black, curly hair. The curls made her head seem smaller and she was obviously Chinese.

“Yes,” I answered with a little smile. I looked a little embarrassed at her. At least I could control the creeping blush on my cheeks and make it disappear in an instant.

She just smiled back and motioned to follow her to a room. She paused and knocked on the door. She then began to speak Chinese and the only think I caught was the mention of Lu Han’s name in the very beginning of the sentence. Lu Han answered back in Chinese and my heart instantly felt lighter of relief. The way Lu Han spoke Chinese was so beautiful; so fluent and natural. I wished I understood Chinese so I knew what his mother and he talked about.

Lu Han’s mother smiled at me again and said: “You can go in.”

I bowed slightly as she left. I in a deep breath before placing my hand on the door handle. I didn’t know what kind of condition Lu Han was in. I was scared of what my eyes would meet. My thoughts went from worse to worst. There was only one way to find out and that was to open the door. I got a little shocked when I saw Lu Han. He was sitting, leaned back against the headboard of his bed with a blanket upon his legs. He looked perfectly healthy and smiled at me.

I closed the door behind me and went to stand by the side of his bed. I almost glared down at him, while a smile was attached to his lips. I couldn’t glare at him though; I’d missed him too much.

Lu Han was the first one to break the silence: “Is something wrong?”

“’Wrong’?” I kind of snapped at him. “Why do you stay in bed when you look perfectly healthy?”

Lu Han just laughed at that. He patted the bed, motioning for me to sit and I did as he wished. He smiled pleased at me.

“You see …” he chose to start his explanation. “Do you remember when I said I tried to kill myself?”

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

“Before that I began to eat less and less and in the end I stopped eating. My parents didn’t think much of it, since they were busy with their jobs. After a month where I almost didn’t eat at all, I tried to kill myself.”

I listened observantly.

“I’ve begun to eat less and less again, so now my parents are worried that it will happen again. They called the school and said I was sick, so I needed to stay at home, but they’re just anxious about it happening again so they’re forcing me to eat. I’ll go back to school soon,” Lu Han assured.

“So I worried over nothing?” I asked, mostly to myself, but Lu Han heard it.

He smiled affectionately at me. “You were worried about me?”

I was quick to respond. “No, I didn’t worry. It just felt strange not to see you around school.” I got eye contact with Lu Han before I continued. “I kind of missed you.”

Lu Han’s smile grew wider and his doe eyes got smaller. His mouth almost went up to his eyes and exposed his teeth. He looked extremely ugly, but everyone looks ugly when they wore such an honest smile as Lu Han did. Lu Han was so ugly, but yet adorable and loveable.

I quickly averted my eyes elsewhere and a small blush crept upon my cheeks. Before Lu Han could say or do anything I changed the subject. “I’ve brought your CD with me.” I already hauled it out of my bag and quickly handed it to him. He politely accepted it by grabbing it with both hands. Our hands didn’t touch and I was slightly disappointed by that; then I wasn’t able to feel the warmth from his fingers upon my skin.

“’Because I Love You’ and ‘The Reason Why’,” I blurted out without thinking. Lu Han’s gaze quickly fixated on me. I tried not to look too much at him, but out from what I could see he looked a bit confused.

“I beg your pardon?” he asked rather confused. I would also be confused if someone suddenly said that to me.

“The two tracks you like,” I said pointing hesitantly at the CD. “Track two and seven. Am I right?”

It took a while before the words had sunk into Lu Han’s brain, but when they had, he smiled at me and nodded confirming. I let out an inaudible sigh of relief. So I did know Lu Han just a little bit.

And after that a silence had come upon us. We just looked awkwardly at each other, getting eye contact a few times and when we did, we smiled embarrassed at each other. We also let these small, annoying laughs out, which died out after a second or two. We continued to be in this awkward atmosphere for around two or three minutes and then I couldn’t take it anymore. It was way too uncomfortable to be here when there was this silence. My hands moved restlessly in my lap, twitching every now and then.

I pulled myself together and shyly broke the silence: “Well, then I’ll be-”

I’d rose from the bed while I was going to announce my departure, but Lu Han had grabbed my hand, it made me turn around and I looked directly at him. He was sitting on his knees, making him the same height as my chest. His hand had a tight grip around mine and the warmth from his single and long touch went through my entire body during a small amount of time. I gulped as his hand briefly clenched around min. He looked up at me with honesty in his gaze and with something else too. Admiration maybe?

“Thank you,” he whispered to me. It wasn’t hard to hear what he said, because everything was quiet. I’d held my breath when he suddenly grabbed my hand, purely because of the shock and I only noticed when I’d left his room, closing the door slowly behind me. Only then I breathed out and in another breath. I quickly went to say goodbye to Lu Han’s mother and then I left the Chinese house. I wasn’t sure if I would ever come here again. Only the future would know. But did I wish to come back? Lu Han had looked so honestly and admiring at me. It made me feel so bad about what I did to him. All the feelings – mostly guilt – made me feel nauseous. The first thing I did when I got home was to throw my head into the toilet bowl and throw up the feelings I’d carried with me all the way from the Chinese residence.



 

A/N: I'll begin updating on Fridays instead of Saturdays ^^ And there are only two parts left T^T It's sad, but it's also good since I'm losing faith in this story......

And because they're so cute that they're to die for, some LayMin/XingBao for you~~ (this has absolutely nothing to do with LuMin, I sincerely apologize .__.)

     

     

Oh yeah, I'm working on another XiuHan with croquis ( drawings...) and they'll probably go ice skating ._. I blame my brain..