Am I going to wait forever?

Love Knows No Gender

 

The CD was good, not something I usually would listen to if I had to choose myself. This CD was a little bit too sugary. I preferred hip hop, American singers and rappers. I didn’t usually listen to all those Korean girl groups, but Lu Han obviously did. Not that I expected anything else, he looked like the type to listen to such kind of music. But because I listened to the CD while thinking it belonged to Lu Han, made me like it. I listened to the lyrics and of course they all revolved about love. Sugary and painful love. In the end – after I’d listened to the entire CD – I got really tired of the word ‘love’ or ‘saranghae’, you name it. I eventually went to listen to the music I liked when the last song finished, basically because it was stuck in my head.

I quickly figured out which songs I thought Lu Han enjoyed the most. Track two and track seven. They were the ones which seemed Lu Han-like. The sad thing was that I didn’t see Lu Han the day after I received the CD. Then it was weekend, so of course I didn’t see him there either. I was so excited the following Monday. I hadn’t seen the cheerful, doe eyed, Chinese boy in three whole days and I missed him like crazy. I missed him more than I liked to admit. I waited patiently at the bench. Maybe his classes were just running late, so I stayed and waited for him. I waited and there was no sign of Lu Han. He never showed up.

 

Tuesday was the same. I didn’t see him. He wasn’t even attending his classes. I went as far as asking some of his classmates if they knew where he was and that was really embarrassing. An upperclassman going to an underclassman; this would only result in whispering around school and that wasn’t the good kind of whispering. I began to hate that no one knew where the Chinese student was.

 

When it was Wednesday I went as far as asking Zitao – another Chinese student. He was an exchange student, newly transferred and he was only going to stay here a year. His Korean was terrible and he wasn’t too much help either. I don’t even know why the thought of asking Zitao crossed my mind. Why should he know where Lu Han was?

I quickly went away from Zitao and his friends again so they could eat in peace.

The bench suddenly came into my view. I didn’t even know why my feet had led me to there. I sat down on the bench and suddenly felt a tear cross my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. It wasn’t time to cry. Not yet. It was only Wednesday. I sniffed.

 

Thursday went by in a rush. I was beginning to feel desperate. The entire day just went by with thinking of Lu Han.

‘What would Lu Han have done in that situation?’, ‘Would Lu Han have chosen a sandwich or a menu?’, ‘Maybe he would have chosen both?’ And I could never get an answer on these questions which stored in my mind, because Lu Han wasn’t there.

Lu Han’s CD was always in my bag. I needed to give him his CD back and ask him if I’d guessed correctly about which tracks that were his favourites. I didn’t talk at all that Thursday; not to the students, not to the teachers and not even to my parents. I just went straight to bed when I got home from school.

 

Friday was when something finally fell into place in my brain. I needed a sign from Lu Han. A picture, a message from someone else, anything would do. I just needed a sign so I knew Lu Han was alive.

I was so desperate and it had only been a week. I missed him. I needed him.

Because Lu Han wasn’t there, I’d totally forgotten everything about the breakup with Ara. I hadn’t even thought about Ara once through the whole week and I felt bad about it. Lu Han had invaded my mind completely. I even saw his face in my dreams. Had anything happened to the doe eyed boy? Did he miss me too? Was he also feeling anxious because he hadn’t seen me? I didn’t know how he was doing. I missed his smile, I missed his eyes and I missed listening to his voice. I missed everything; the munching on his sandwich, the blushing and the preschooler attitude he had sometimes. I wanted him and I needed him.

In the end of the school day I longed after Lu Han so badly. I wanted to hear him breathe.

I went to the teachers’ lounge to get his address. I didn’t know where my Chinese friend lived unfortunately. I would have asked him how he was doing, if I had his phone number. Now when I thought about it, I didn’t know much about Lu Han. I knew his name, his age and his music taste. Nothing else.

One of the teachers wanted to know why I wanted to know Lu Han’s address when I wasn’t in his class and I told him a little lie: I had to drop some homework off at his place for one of his classmates. The teacher looked suspicious at me and asked why the student just didn’t deliver it himself. Out of that, another lie came; he was busy and Lu Han had to get the homework today. The teacher was still suspicious, but eventually wrote the address down and out of the school I went.

It turned out that Lu Han didn’t live that far away. It only took around 15 minutes to walk from the school to the front door of his house.

I rang the doorbell and that was when I didn’t know what to say or do when the door got opened. I hadn’t thought it through. I’d acted out of instinct and want. I didn’t have much time to think about it either, because the door got opened a few seconds later.

 


A/N: I hope this chapter was okay even though nothing really happened, except for Minseok for almost going crazy xD I promise that there will be a short moment with fluff in the next chapter ^^

And please go read 'My Angel' which I actually kind of like and I don't usually like my stories .__. I think the ending is cute ^^ Others will probably disagree xD