TWO

The Love Egoist

"All right! I'm gonna take on your challenge!"

"SeungHo?" It was JiYeon entering the chemistry room. "I collected the notes you asked for!" She smiled plasticly at him.

"You trickster with a genial smile. . . Oh thanks!" said SeungHo, making a plastice smile. I'm sorry to ask a girl LIKE YOU to take care of a chore like this. Assigned you the wrong role didn't I?"

" If you knew it, you shouldn't have asked me!. . . "JiYeon grinned. "Please don't be! I am honored to be of help to a WONDERFUL person like you!. . . You stomped on a maiden's pure heart. And my grudge. . . Won't just dissapear!"

JiYeon was hanging out with her "friends", but then SeungHo came in. He smiled.

"JiYeon, can I ask you something?"

"Wow! It's SeungHo-shi!" JiYeon's "Friends" said.

"Yes, SeungHo?"

SeungHo showed her boxes with posters, glass flasks, jars, papers and much more.

"Take this and that to the reference room" said SeungHo, pointing at the boxes. "And this goes to the Chemistry Room and that-"

"THAT JERK IS TOYING WITH ME!" thought JiYeon. But because SeungHo knows her weakness, She can't refuse.While JiYeon was taking the stuff to the rooms, SeungHo went with her, "helping" her too.

"You know," Said SeungHo. "I'm so pleased to be with a sweet and innocent person like you" He smiled, pliably. "If only everyone else were just like you! . . . It's a hundred years too soon for you to crush me. Ha!"

"Oh no!" said JiYeon, smiling. "SeungHo, everyone at this school is touched by your words. . . You've got no right to think that!"

They fiegnly laughed.

"Your Irony has improved quite a bit!" said SuengHo laughing.

"You are so good at making up nonsense!. . . You jerk, I'm just laughing to hide my frustration from you and the others!"

"Same here, Idiot!"

"AWW!" Said some of the students, seeing JiYeon and SuengHo.

"You, know, they're together often lately!"

"Yeah! They look like a good match. . .What a picture!"

Maybe they're dating! AWW!"

"What nonsense!" Thought JiYeon, hearing their conversation. "You gotta be kidding! Never! Not with this rotten guy! And. . . How come I have to do this?"

JiYeon was at the Chemistry Room, washing the glass beakers, flasks, bottles, and other things.

" This is something idiots should do! AGHH! How come I'm under his total contral?! My sarcastic remarks have no effect. . . Should I reveal his true nature in front of everyone? If it goes well, He might get out of school too. . . that'll make him-"

Then the door opened. It was SeungHo, bluntly muttering. ""Should I reveal his true nature in front of everyone? If it goes well, He might get out of school too. . . that'll make him-"JiYeon, that's what you were thinking huh? IF YOU DO THAT, YOUR TRUE NATURE WOULD ALSO BE REVEALED, DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT? You sure you're smart?"

"SeungHo, will you stop-"

"Here, take a break" said SeungHo, giving a can of soda to JiYeon.

"Huh?" JiYeon accepted the soda. ". . . Thanks"

"You're welcome" said SeungHo, drinking his own soda.

"Wow! There's some humanity left in him. . . " JiYeon thought while drinking.

"300 WON PLEASE." said SeungHo. "It's your treat. Come on, pay up!"

"Nevermind what I thought of earlier. . . "

JiYeon ended up treating him.

"SeungHo. . .When did you become like this?"

"I don't know" answered SeungHo, bluntly. "I guess I was born this way.

"Don't you ever hate your personality?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT. NEVER. I am a perfect man after all"

"Okay, I got it. But I. . . I hate myself sometimes. At first, I was simply fighting the image others forced on me. It's true that it's kind of fun to curse people behind their backs, but. . . I know it's not nice and. . . It makes me feel depressed afterwards."

"HMPH. Is that so?" He remarked in a bored way.

"Was he even listening to me?" JiYeon sighed. "I'm going home."

SeungHo spoke.". . .  I don't think it's as complex as you make it out to be. We can never escape who we are. Instead of wasting time and worrying about it, why don't you cut to the chase and love yourself? Besides. . . Whether you're cute or not. . .Isn't it something you decide?"

"SeungHo?. . .Is he serious this time?"

"Well. . . " He grinned. "NOT THAT  CARE. You should suffer as much as you want."

JiYeon gave a dull look. "I'M GOING HOME"

"Okay bye."

JiYeon closed the door. "PHEW! He almost fooled me. It can't be happening to me. . . " Then JiYeon smiled. " But I get it."

JiYeon remembered what SeungHo said said: "Why don't you cut to the chase and love yourself?"

JiYeon laughed "That's soo like him!" JiYeon continued to walk, thinking about SeungHo. "And where does that confidence come from? I can't argue with that kind of bold statement. Ahh, he's too funny!"

As JiYeon was laughing too much, she hit the wall. "OUCH. . . It's as if I've accepted his personality. . . I've got to watch it."

"Oh, JiYeon?" It was Hwa JaeSun, JiYeon's (boy) classmate.

JiYeon smiled. "Hi JaeSun!"

"What's up You're still here this late? I just got out from our club."

"Oh!" answered JiYeon. "I was in the Chemistry Room"

"Chemistry. . . ? Ahh. . .SuengHo?" He scratched his head.

"AWW! What an open book!" JiYeon smiled at him. "Oh, it's not like that. Nothing is going on between us."

"Oh? Really?" JaeSun blushed, feeling relieved. "But. . . When you're with him you seem. . . A lot more livelier than usual. . . But I guess I was wrong!"

". . . Come to think of it, it's true."