THREE

The Love Egoist

"HUH?" It was SeungHo. "What're you looking at? You're annoying me."

"I WASN'T LOOKING!" said JiYeon, blushing and looking away from him.

"Huh? Why're you upset? You're so loud. What a Primma Donna." Said SeungHo, tactlessly.

"I DON'T WANT TO HERE THAT FROM YOU!"

I was upset at finding out who he really was. . . But he's the only person with whom I can be myself. But that doesn't mean anything will happen.

"By the way. . . " JiYeon said. "Do you know Hwa JaeSun?"

"JaeSun? Ah, that guy. He's the pretending-to-be-sweet type."

JiYeon grinned. "I think he likes me! What should I do if he confesses his love?"

"HMPH. Oh yeah?" said SeungHo, not really caring. "That's good isn't it? Why don't you date him?"

". . . I knew you'd say that."

There it is. He is not interested in other people. But, for instance. . . What kind of person would be special to him? If I were special to him. . . I wonder what it would feel like.

" I think we're almost there Unni." It was the girl, all alone. "But for that to happen, JiYeon-Unni. . . I need you to be in a bit more trouble." Then the girl giggled.

"W-Well, everyone. . . " It was their Chemistry teacher,teaching in JiYeon's classroom. "We're g-gonna do this expiriment. . . Uh. . . Um. . . My a-assistant, SeungHo will demonstrate!"

SeungHo came forward, ready to demonstrate.

"Well,"He started. "It's not a difficult procedure, but. . . You must be careful." Then he smiled, sweetly. "If anything happens to you, your loving parents won't forgive me. So be careful, okay?"

"Oh SeungHo-Shi!"

"You're soo sweet!"

"BLEAH!"

After he demonstrated how it works, he let the class do it.

"He's unbelievable. I can't believe they're all fooled by that. They're idiots. Ah, but. . . "

JiYeon looked at SeungHo, who was teaching a bunch of girls. But then, he glanced at JiYeon and their eyes met.JiYeon's heart raced.

"What?"

"JIYEON!!" SeungHo shouted.

Suddenly, the flask in JiYeon's hand broke, spilling the glass and piercing JiYeons' hand.

"ACK! IT HURTS!. . . "

"YOU IDIOT!" Shouted SeungHo. "YOU HEATED IT TOO MUCH!"

The whole class was troubled.

"SeungHo?"

"WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"Get water, water!"

"EEEK!"

"SHUT UP!" shouted SeungHo. "GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Finnaly, SeungHo got to JiYeon.

"TEACHER!" he shouted.

"Y-yes?"

"CANCEL THE EXPIRIMENT! I'LL TAKE HER TO THE INFIRMARY!! IF THE CLASS GETS WILD, I'LL KILL 'YA!"

He slammed the door, carrying JiYeon. the class was in complete shock in SeungHo.

"Was that. . . SeungHo?"

JiYeon and SeungHo was in the infirmary.

"Here." It was the Doctor. "It's done! I'm glad it was nothing serious. All thanks to SeungHo's fast action!"

SeungHo gave a sigh of relief and said: "Thank you very much!"

When JiYeon and SeungHo left the infirmary, SuengHo let out a sigh of relief again.

"Ahh. . . Goodness!" He said. "What did you think you were doing?"

"SeungHo. . . You. . . "

then SeungHo realized what he did earlier in class.

"Gak! Did I do what I think I did?!"

"Yeah. . . Pretty much." answered JiYeon. "I think you said you were going to kll them."

He sighed again. "Huh. How troublesome. oh well, I'm sure it'll work out. The situation called for it. . . Sort of."

JiYeon asked." were you that worried?"

"Of course!" He answered. "I can't let a student (even like you) get injured. I'm the T.A! What would happen to my reputation? You should do that thing in someones else's class

Oh. That. . . Was why. . .

Tears came into Jiyeon's eyes. "What?" ased SeungHo. "Does it still hurt?

I knew it. What did I expect?

"It. . .It hurts."

"Oh, come on"

There's no space for me iside him.

"There, there" Said SeungHo, patting JiYeon's head, not knowing what to do.

I wanted to be special to him. but now that I know it. . . I can't be near him.