My Little Sunshine

Baby and Us

"So, I'm a father now? I'm r-really a father now? Uuhh honey, I have to go now. I'll talk to you later kay? Love you." Kyungsoo let out a big sigh after he hung up. Jongin somehow sounds.. excited?

What do I do now? He should have known better when he always felt sick at school, when he always threw every single thing he ate out. Now I'm p-pregnant...

He touched his tummy and a tear fell down his eyes. He rubbed his tummy soothingly "Aegi-ya.. don't misunderstand me. Umma loves you, I really do. And don't worry, no matter what Umma will always protect you..."

He walked out of the hospital and hail a taxi. To be honest, he and Jongin don't really live a nice life. No, it's not like they don't love each othe, they do. They are just financially lacking. Jongin decided to quit school and started working, not to mention his pay is just enough to cover up their living expenses while Kyungsoo is in his last year of University.

Kyungsoo even had to work part-time in a bakery near their apartment. But he didn't really mind, he's quite happy with his life. As long as he has Jongin by his side.

But now, a baby? How are they going to afford raising a baby in this condition?

He took out his phone and scrolled down his contact list for a certain name. He clicked on the number and waited of the person to pick up the call.

"Oh, Baekhyun-ah. I have something to tell you. I'm on my way to your cafe."

 

 

"AWWWWW KYUNGIEEEE! That's a great news! I'm so happy for you! How I wish I could have a baby too with Chanyeol.. but oh well...anyway congratulations, mommy! How far are you along, by the way?" Baekhyun giggled happily. Right.. I should be happy too.. I'm having my own baby.. why do I have to worry so much?

"It has been 3 weeks.. almost a month actually.." he replied lazily. Baekhyun sensed something wrong with Kyungsoo's expression and grabbed his hand. "What is it? You don't look so happy about it?" he asked and gave his hand a light squeeze.

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. "I'm scared Baekhyun-ah... Will I be a good mother for this baby? Can I take a good care of it?" Baekhyun face softened at the worried tone his best friend's voice. He knows his best friend all too well.

He patted his friend's shoulder lightly. "You'll do well, Kyungsoo-ah. In fact, you'll be the best mommy! You're our 'Umma' after all..." He joked to lighten up the mood. But frowned when he didn't receive a response.

"Really Kyungsoo... you need to stop worrying so much. You'll do well. Just look at Sehun and Luhan. They're doing great with their daughter Sera. Both of them graduated school, have a good job and happy with their daughter. So what is there to worry about?" Baekhyun comforted him and he nodded.

"I guess you're right.. I should stop worrying right, Baekhyunnie?" he asked and his friend ruffled his hair because of his cuteness.

"Yeap.. so what does Jongin says about this?" Baekhyun asked while taking a sip of his bubble tea.

Kyungsoo let out yet another sigh. He should really stop sighing. "He was quite shocked but I could tell that he's excited about it.. After all, he's been talking about being a father and wanting a baby lately..." 

"That's a great thing! Now lighten up! We should tell the rest of the guys about this great news, I bet they would be more than happy about it. Stop worrying, and tell me what does our Mommy feel like eating?"

Kyungsoo smiled and rubbed his tummy again. 'Agi-ya... did you hear that? Everyone is going to love you.. See, you're not even here yet but everyone is already happy for you. So Umma will stop worrying because Umma is sure, you are going to be loved by everyone once you're born.' 

 

 

"So you're saying... there's a baby inside you? Our baby... our baby is in there?" Jongin asked Kyungsoo in disbelief. Kyungsoo sighed for the nth time. Jongin has been asking the same question over and over again and he's getting tired of it.

"Goddamn it Jongin, how many times do I have to repeat? YES, THERE"S OUR BABY IN ME! Stop being an idiot and don't ask me the same question again." Kyungsoo said an threw a pillow at Jongin. They are sitting on the couch in their living room. Thank God Jongin didn't pass out when he heard the news.

"How is that even possible? I mean.. you.. how did you.. how could you.." Jongin said and ruffled his hair messily. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at him. If there is one person should feel miserable, its Kyungsoo. He's the one who is carrying the baby. 

He walked over to Jongin and knocked his head hard. "This is all your fault! Why didn't you ever listen to me? Even when I said I'm not in the mood, you keep on going at it. You jerk, you... youu! Aishhhh" he yelled in frustration while keep on punching Jongin. His punches started to get weaker and without him realising, tears started to roll down his face.

Jongin felt guilty and he hugged Kyungsoo tightly while hushing him with comforting words. "Why are you crying? Isn't this what we've been waiting for? We're going to have a baby! Our own baby! Shouldn't you be happy about it?" Jongin asked softly while wiping the tears rolling down Kyungsoo's face with his thumbs.

"It's not that I'm not happy. I just want my baby to live a comfortable life. I mean we barely even settled down and now we're having a baby? What are we going to do? How are we going to raise a kid when we are not that stable yet? Raising a baby is not as easy as it seems. Do we even afford to raise a baby now? I'm scared, Jongin-ah" Kyungsoo sobbed. 

"Shh... don't cry, sweetheart. We'll take care of our baby. I know my pay isn't that much right now, but I'll work hard for our baby. For you, and our family. I'll try my best to be a good father for our baby. So don't worry, just take care of yourself and.." he paused and rubbed Kyungsoo tummy lightly "our precious baby." Jongin continued comfortingly.

"I love you, Jongin-ah."

"I love you too, Kyungsoo. And thank you, sweetheart."

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin confusingly. "Thanks? What for?" he asked, scrunching his nose cutely in confusion. Jongin kissed his forehead and pinched his nose lightly. "How is it even possible? A baby carrying another baby in him?" he joked and received a soft punch from his cutie pie.

"Thank you for this precious gift. Never once in my entire life I have been this happy. No, I don't even know what I'm feeling right now... because the word happy is not enough to describe how I am feeling. Thank you so much. You make my dream comes true. And I'm sure our baby will be as beautiful as you." He said while caressing Kyungsoo's soft cheeks.

"One thing you should know, I'll love you forever and I'm glad that it was you who is carrying my baby." He said and kissed Kyungsoo's lips softly.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo can't stop the tears from falling. No words could describe his feelings. He was touched by Jongin's words. Ah.. probably the hormones...

Jongin lean down to kiss Kyungsoo's tummy. And he whispered to his unborn angel "Aegi ya, it's your appa. I know you're not that big yet. But I know you're there. Thanks for coming to us, my little sunshine. I promise, we will raise you with lots of love! I'll make sure you would be the luckiest and happiest person on earth. Appa will take care and protect you and your Umma so grow healthily, arasseo? See you in 8 months. My aegi..." Jongin said cheerfully with his baby voice.

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo cuddled on the couch while Jongin keep on whispering sweet nothings in Kyungsoo's ears.

 

-----

I hope I did okay for the first chapter. I reaaaallllyyyy hope this chapter didn't disappoint you guys. Thanks for subscribing and drop me a comment. Ppyoonngg~