Brilliant Conclusion

The Obsessed

Brace yourselves, this is a long chapter.


Now that Luhan was gone, there was nothing to hold back. His dismissal in the younger's life just made everything much more easier. Sehun swiftly pulled the black turtle neck over his head and adjusted the collar. He looked at himself in the mirror and fluffed his new hair. He had gotten a trim so his ears weren't covered with his locks anymore. The day of his little defriending, he had dyed his hair blonde. Although the side of his hair were darker, Sehun looked rather sophisticated and handsome with his new cut. 

He scoffed at the thought that it was once a ing rainbow color with the shabbiest of cuts. He laughed that he used to be friends with that pretentious prick. But he stopped grimacing at his previous interactions and realized how much of a little clingy he must've looked like. Sehun shook the thought away and grabbed the mouth muffle from his duffel bag and shoved it in his pocket. He sat on the chair to put on his black combat boots. 

The door opened but he ignore it. Sehun heard the clinking of a tongue then the door shutting. "Going for a run or robbing a bank?" Jongin comfortable fell in Sehun's couch, "I can't decide which you're gonna go do."

"Neither." Sehun stood up then looked at himself in the mirror as he tasseled with his hair, "Remember that old bastard I told you about?"

Jongin drew imaginary figures with his index finger at the ceiling, "Oh yeah, that Kwon Jeonbin fellow?" He wrote the name in the air.

Sehun put on the mouth muffle but let it snuggle around his neck. "Well now that Luhan's not a roadblock for me anymore, I thought, 'Why the hell not?'"

"So you are going for a 'run'," he emphasized in a tone. Jongin smirked then sat up, "That's an awfully tough task." He cocked an eyebrow at the other, "Four hands is twice the strength, you know."

"Yeah but it's half the fun." Sehun took the duffel bag from his hand then grabbed his car keys from the fireplace. "If I don't get back at you, I'm having a blast," he assured. He walked out with dark and undaunting eyes.

He had a motive: to end Kwon Jeonbin. He had done his research. Kwon Jeonbin was an old man living by himself. His wife had, thankfully, died a three years ago from a at 1:18 AM on May 28th, and Sehun knew his child way too well to even research about the offspring. Sehun got in his car and the engine. Already knowing the directions to the old man's house by heart, Sehun drove with a valiant look on his face; prepared to finish his task. 

 


It had been a month since Baekhyun's funeral and Heeyeon was gradually moving on. Luhan was still very reserved with his emotions about his professor's murder, but Heeyeon could tell he was just like her: slowly adjusting to the change. However all mournful emotions were pushed back. Today was her and Luhan's one year anniversary and they were going to spend it well. However it was also her father's birthday. With Luhan's surprisingly eager permission, they were going to celebrate both occasions together. Luhan wanted to prove himself as an illegible man for Heeyeon, so he took the chance. 

She pulled in the driveway and cut the engine. She got out of the car and walked to her father's doorsteps. Heeyeon unlocked the door, but found the house to be uncannily silent. "Dad?" Heeyeon slowly shut the door behind her as she looked up the stairs. "Are you home?" She took off her heels and wore the slippers provided. "Daddy?" She called again. The sound of her slippers dragging on the tile floors were the only sound in the house. Heeyeon found it strange how quiet the house was. There was always some type of blaring sound occupying the house: his favorite trot radio station, an obnoxiously gag show, or even the sound of his monstrous snoring. Heeyeon walked to the kitchen in hopes to see her father, since the restaurant reservation time was near. 

From the corner of her eye, she saw something below the dining table. Slowly, she turned her head to the direction, afraid to see what she would find. Her father laid cold on the tile floor. Heeyeon gasped and ran to him. 

"Daddy!" She screamed as her hands shook under his bloody head; there was a gash on the right side of his forehead and his face looked battered. Tears quickly brimmed her eyes and her heart accelerated. She heard slow footsteps approach from behind her. Heeyeon fearfully turned her head, afraid to face whoever it was. 

She was jerked up from her arm as was cupped over a gloved hand. She screamed in the intruder's hand and tried to pull away from the man. Heeyeon stepped on his foot and elbowed him in the stomach but to no avail, the intruder remained strong and at stance. She was violently shoved to the wall as the person pressed her face against it with her hands crossed tightly behind her back. She groaned from the impact and the strenuous position that her hands were in. 

"Hello, noona." The intruder spoke mockingly.

Heeyeon gasped, "Sehun?"

His crooked smile fell flat. Sehun raised his hand and hit her head with the back of his handgun. 

 

Luhan looked at his watch with his foot impatiently tapping under the table. It's been twenty minutes and there was no sign of the father and daughter. He began to grow worried since the home was literally ten minutes away. Traffic was minimal and Heeyeon was never late for an appointment of some sort, especially a reservation to RavenousLuhan pulled out his cell phone to call her. After a few dials, she finally picked up. 

"Hello? Kwon Heeyeon, where are you?" He asked in a hushed tone. The other line was silent, "Hello? Heeyeon?"

"Did you want to talk to her?"

"Sehun?" Luhan slowly sat up in his seat, "What are you doing with Heeyeon's phone?" 

"Oh nothing," Sehun said casually, "Just holding it for her while she's still out cold." He's never dare threaten the older man before, but now he was regretting for not doing it before.

"What did you do to her?" Luhan stood up from his table and grabbed his keys. He briskly walked outside of the restaurant. He cupped his phone and spoke discreetly into the receiver, "If you dare lay a finger on her, I swear Oh Sehun."

Sehun scoffed, "Perhaps this will be much more fun than I anticipated." He turned to the father and daughter that were lying on the ground, "Let's play a game, hyung," he bitterly emphasized with pure sarcasm. He paced around the kitchen floor in a rhythm, "Where shall we meet? Where to meet, where to meet," he loudly sighed, "I don't know, what do you think hyung?" Before the older man can respond, he interjected, "Ah, how about this? Where your heart and soul lies?"

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, "What kind of dumb riddle is that?"

"It's dumb yet you said it yourself."

He sighed as he got in the car, "Sehun, stop playing around or else I'm going to call the cops." 

He laughed, "Go ahead," Sehun walked to the wall mirror, "It's not like I didn't expect you to." He smirked at his handsome reflection then his lips fell flat, "You never could of handled anything yourself anyway." He hung up then looked at the others, "Field trip, children."

Luhan deeply exhaled from his nostrils. The day that was suppose to be spent wonderfully had crashed and burned into a pathetic scavenger hunt. From hearing the tone of his voice, Luhan could tell Sehun wasn't kidding. But then again, he had never heard of that side of the boy. His finger tapped on the steering wheel as he thought about the dumb clue that Sehun had given him.

"Where my heart and soul lies?" He scoffed, "Within me, duh." Luhan grew impatient but mostly worried. How did Sehun get a hold of her? On the back of his head the thought of her father was also lingering there. She was most likely at her father's place already, but there was no way he could've spotted her; it's not like Sehun knew where her father lived. Perhaps he was following Heeyeon already and just tailgated her to her father's house. Luhan was stumped; there were endless possibilities. Instead of worrying about their whereabouts, he was worried about them. He hit the steering wheel, "Crazy bastard!" He shouted in the car as he took a hit at anything near him. "Where the is where my heart and soul lays at?!"
Then it came back to him. Him and Sehun playing soccer at the field: the miniature stadium that they always used to go to but suddenly stopped. Luhan the engine then quickly drove to Hoong-Yeop Stadium. While driving, he looked at his phone then back at the road then back at his phone. Without even hesitating a second time, Luhan grabbed his phone and dialed 112.

"112, what is your emergency?"

"Hello, my name is Lu Han, my friend has my girlfriend as hostage and quite possibly her father. They're in grave danger and I need your help."

"Okay sir, do you know where they're located?"

"I'm not so sure but I'm sure they're at Hoong-Yeop Stadium."

"Okay, we will send officers there but for now I want you to stay on the line with me and not—"

Luhan hung up, "I ain't got no time for a therapy session, lady."

 

Heeyeon groaned as she felt a throbbing back at the back of her head. She looked around her surrounding and found it to be dark with only a single light in the room. It was dark and dusty–she could see the particles in the air as the light shed down on her. The ground was a collection grainy dirt and sand after a period of time. As her vision had adjusted, she saw spider webs clotting at different corners of the rooms. The room looked like a vendor or a lounge except much more abandoned and empty. The soothing sound of the rain's pitter patter comforted her a bit, however it made her feel lonely.

Where's dad? Where's Sehun? What did he do with dad?

Just outside of the building she was in, she could hear a drill or some type of power tool being used. Heeyeon gasped then ran towards the sound. "No," she panicked in a whisper. She held her arms out and felt her way to the door with the limited light source that she had. She felt a latch then pulled it open. A cold gush of wind blew right to her face.

Sehun continued with his power tool "Look who's awake," he said in a flatly with a cigarette between his lips.

"What did you do to my dad?" She asked in a low voice. She looked at what he was doing at saw a bundle of wires attached to a Rubik's Cube. Heeyeon looked at him, "Where is he?" She felt her body shake involuntarily not from the cold but from anger, "Answer me!" She shouted at him.

Sehun took off his safety goggles then turned to her. He placed his fingers on the cigarette then inhaled the cigarette. "Would you like to see him yourself?" He threw the cigarette over the ledge and to the field. From a distance, he saw Luhan's headlights turn off and his door open. "Just in time." He said to himself. Sehun turned to Heeyeon and grabbed her arm, "Let's go."

 

Luhan ran to the entrance but found it to be bolted. Placed there was a mixed up Rubik's Cube and a lock. He took a closer look at the cube and realized that it was his: the colors on the stickers were dull and rubbing off, a corner tip had chipped off, and there was a small gold star sticker at the center of a blue piece. Luhan scoffed, "Turning my own against me now, I see."

It was placed on top of a stand with wires attached to a timer that displayed a red 00:01:00 . He figured that he had to solve it for it to open. Problem was he had forgotten how to solve it quickly like how he used to. He had been so occupied with school, his relationship, and other aspects of his life that he completely neglected his Rubik's Cube. Solving it within a minute was already a challenge for him before, he had no idea how he would solve it now.

He held the cube in his hands then began. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon," he urged himself as his fingers quickly rolled the toy in his hands. "Ah!" He shouted as he dropped it; it had shocked him. "!" He cursed and curled his fingers in, feeling the vibrations on the surface of his cold and wet fingertips. The cube pulled back up to it's stand and the time started again.

"C'mon Luhan, you can do this." His fingers quickly worked the cube. The water from the tips of his hair dripped onto the toy and his shaky fingers. Beads of sweat began to form on his forehead and his heart beat accelerated. Horrid scenarios of Sehun and Heeyeon came through his head. The most frightening thing was the fact that he had no idea what was up Sehun's sleeve.

Rubik's"Ah, !" Luhan grunted and hit the door. He took a deep breath, "Come on, Lu Han! You can ing do this!" With his shaken hands, he grabbed the Cube again and tried again. He briskly rotated, flipped, and turn each of the pieces. He kept his stare gaze on the cube, but would occasionally catch a glance at the timer.

00:00:25

"Hurry, hurry, hurry almost there." He groaned between his clenched teeth. He had only another side left only yet time was so limited. Click, click, twist. He only had one more spot left. "Almost–"

00:00:00

"!"

 

She resisted his hands and tried to kick him away. Even with her slapping and hitting any part of him that she had access to, his large hands would just tighten more. He dragged her down the hallway and opened the door to a room. Like the lounge that she was in, he took her to one that was similar to it. Following his fast pace, Heeyeon staggered to keep up with him.

He pushed her down to the ground then walked to the closet. "Get the hell up," Sehun instructed, "Now!" He shouted. He pulled the older man up then shoved him to his daughter. 

Heeyeon gasped, "Daddy!" She shouted as she hugged him. Too weak to even respond to her, Jeonbin just panted with his eyes shut. Her lips quivered, "Daddy, please look at me. Open your eyes to show me that you're still here with me."

He slowly opened his heavy lids but they fell back down, "Heeyeon-ah," he panted.

Heeyeon cried in her father's chest then turned to Sehun, "Why? Why are you doing this?" She looked down at her father, "What have we ever done to you!" She screamed at him.

Sehun leaned a shoulder on the wall and lit up a new cigarette, "You've always been a nuisance in my life." He looked down at her a blew a cloud of smoke at her direction, "You just didn't know it."

Her eye lids flickered as her tears stained her cheeks, "How?" She whispered in a soft voice as her tear dripped off her chin. "Really, do tell me to what extent did we commit for you to do this." She said a bit louder this time.

He pushed himself off the wall , "Ten years ago, on this very night, your parents crashed into Oh Wookhun and Jung Sejin's car killing both of them and their son Oh Junsuk." Sehun turned to look at her, "My mother, father, and older brother." With slow steps, he circled around the two. "Your parents killed the only people I called family," he said lowly. "Because of your dumb parents, I was stuck in an orphanage for nearly all of my life." His voice got louder, "Because of your dumb parents, my ing childhood was ruined and practically forced out of me!" He took a deep breath, "While all the kids at school were spending Christmas and Chuseok with their family, I was forced to make a living out of myself, trying to escape this hell called my ty life." He smirked, "So as I got older, I made it goal to find these people and take back what was taken from me; so I did my research and I did it well." Sehun bent down on one knee and twirled a strand of her hair, making her flinch. "Then you come along, like a little virus and up my peaceful life with Luhan: my only source of family."

He scrunched up the strand of hair in his hands then balled up her hair and pulled it from the roots.Heeyeon screamed from the pain and clawed his hands. When he felt like she was at the peak of her pain, he pushed her head to the floor. She hit her head on the ground, groaning in pain. 

He took a deep breath of his cigarette and exhaled, "I guess the world was just making my task easier. Your mother's already dead, your father," he looked at the old man and chuckled in his throat, "Is halfway there." He looked at Heeyeon, "But how convenient that you were the only daughter of Kwon Jeonbin and Lee Minryo." He caressed her cheek with bud dangerously close to her flesh. Heeyeon's eyes widened as she tried to inch away from it, feeling the heat starting to burn her. He held onto her face with a tight grip, "Wouldn't you say it's fate?"

Before he had the chance to harm her in any way, Heeyeon shouted, "Wait!"

Sehun brought the cigarette to his lips and inhaled, "Yes," He blew the smoke in her face, "What would you like to say before you die?"

She let go of the breath that she held. "I'm so sorry," she tearfully apologized, "I'm so undeniably and utterly sorry. I'm sorry that your family died because of mine, I'm sorry that your life was basically a living hell because of my parents." She began to sob violently in fear and remorse, "I'm so sorry Sehun, I really am; truly." She looked at him, "But you cannot blame me for loving Luhan."

His grip on her loosened.

"He can't always be there for you, Sehun. He is a man and as a man he will find someone that he loves; someone he will call his lover, Sehun! He may have promised you that he will always be there for you, which he will of course but as a man, he needs time with the one he loves romantically, intimately, and unconditionally."

As if poisoned by her words, Sehun looked at her, fire in his iris. "You think I’m doing this because you took Luhan away from me?" He scoffed, "Did you really not pick up a single from my ing monologue?" He glared at her, “I’m not ing obsessed with him you dumb . There is a huge ing difference between being obsessed and being misunderstood. All this time you probably thought I was in some sick, unrequited, pathetic, and desperate love with him didn’t you?” He caressed her face with the back of his hand, "But it's good you know this before you die."

The door burst open and the sound of the blaring rain came in. Sehun sighed loudly then turned around, "Oh look, it's the knight drenched in rain." He took a puff, "What a cliche and totally not predictable plot twist."

Luhan was indeed drenched in rain. From his head to his shoes, he looked like he had just walked across a river and swam past a lake. He was shaking but certainly not from the cold temperature. He looked at the younger man then his girlfriend and her dying father. "What did you do?" He said lowly. He looked Sehun with furious eyes, "Tell me!"

Sehun scoffed and took a short drag of the cigarette, "Well hello to you too," he said sarcastically as he blew out his puff. "I'm doing fine, thanks. Sheesh, did everyone forget common greetings or what." 

"You twisted motherer!" Luhan ran to Sehun and tugged his collar. Sehun looked back and put a crooked smile on as Luhan violently shook him. 

This should keep them occupied. He threw his bud of cigarette at Heeyeon's face then pulled a pistol from his pants pocket and shot Jeonbin.

Heeyeon screamed from both the sizzling of her burn and her father's gun shot. "Daddy!" She held him and cried rocking him back and forth.

Sehun looked at Luhan then pushed him out of the door. They fell over the short ledge and fell on the dead, wet grass. As the heavy rain poured down on them, he threw Luhan down and punched him. He sat on top of the man and strangled him, "Doesn't it feel like we're gonna sell dogs? Meeting in exchange of an animal and all."

Luhan gasped for air, "No," he said in a rasped voice, "It feels like my girlfriend's been taken like a ing psychopath and I'm here to save her."

"How majestic, even when you're dying you're still a pretentious bastard." Sehun let go and stood up to kick him, "And when I say bastard, I really do mean bastard." Luhan sat up and coughed violently. "I remember your mother telling mine how you resemble so much of the man she had an affair with, she hoped your father wouldn't suspect anything." 

Luhan turned his head to look at Sehun, still trying to catch his breath. 

Sehun smirked with a shrug, "Why do you think you look so damn Korean? Thought it was just good hygiene and a healthy lifestyle?" He scoffed, "But I guess your desperate wish of wanting to be Korean came true."

The older man stood up, "You—ing—son of a !" He leaped on Sehun and bashed his head to the ground. He threw a fit at his cheek and and repeated pound his head to the ground. Blood from the younger man stained his fist as he continuously repeated his assault. "How ing dare you," he split his knuckle into the younger man's jaw.

 

Jeonbin took low, deep breaths. "Heeyeon-ah, my sweet daughter."

Heeyeon took his hand and kissed it with quivering lips, "Yes daddy, I'm right here." Tears ran down her face as she looked at her father.

"I love you, sweetie, please remember that."

She shook her head and cried aloud, "Don't say that." She look at him, "Don't you dare say that to me, you're not going anywhere you hear me? We are going to walk out of here alive and well."

Jeonbin weakly chuckled, "You were always so optimistic, just like your mother." He coughed and slowly caught his breath, "Jagiya, I'm almost there." He shut his eyes and kissed her hand with all of the little strength he had left, "Daddy loves you, sweetheart."

Heeyeon's heart stopped once she saw her father take his last breath then slowly shut his eyes. Her breathing slowed down and it felt like the whole world slowly slid to a stop. "Daddy?" She whispered, shaking him a little. 

He laid limp on her arms, face pale and stained with his own blood. Heeyeon shuddered from shock as her breaths flickered. Tears quickly filled her tears as her lips opened up. She let out a heartfelt scream that led to hysterical tears. She held her father close to her chest and hugged him tighter as her hysteric sobs echoed out of the door. 

She gently placed her father on the ground and kissed him on the forehead, "Goodbye, daddy. I love you." She took a deep breath after her violent fits of weeping then looked out the door. The sadness instead of her subsided. There was a deep burning inside of her, an anger that made her feel larger than herself. She searched around the room for something to strike her father's killer. She hastily walked to the closet that her father was put in and found a duffel bag. another handgun in there. 

 

Using his long legs, Sehun hooked Luhan from under his leg and kicked him away. Luhan groaned from the hard impact and held his chest. Sehun walked to him then grabbed his neck and tightened the grip, "Wow, you're a mouthful today aren't you, hyung." Luhan tried his best to conceal his pain. "If you hadn't spend so much time with that dumb , you'd know that this field has been shut down since almost a year ago. Literally a month after we came here for the last time." Luhan struggled to keep breath as Sehun's hands wrapped around his neck. Sehun cocked his head, "This woman has drained the life and excitement out of you yet you failed to realize it." Sehun roughly pulled him up and kicked him in the gut, "You used to be fun and now all you are is tied down." He scoffed as he folded his wet hair back, "What happened to you, man?" He spoke informally as always.

Luhan coughed and heaved as he struggled to get up. "Nothing happened to me, Sehun." He stood up, "I didn't get tied down, I became a man and grew up. I can't escape life and play soccer with you, I've got things to do. Unlike you I have responsibilities." He panted, "Why are you doing this? How could you do this? Why!" He shouted, "Why are you doing this? Why, Sehun, Why!"

"I was too young to do it before, and you were in my way. But now that I've nothing to lose, I thought "What a perfect occasion?"

Luhan stumbled back, "It's his birthday you bastard! It's Heeyeon and my one year anniversary also! How can you be so heartless!"

He shrugged, "More memorable for you guys. You should be grateful, I made it easier for you to remember your anniversary and the date of her father's death." He quickly took the gun and pointed it at Luhan, "And yours."

He saw Luhan's eyes widened, but not from him. He turned back and saw Heeyeon with his Revolver in hand. He quickly shot at her the same time she pulled on the trigger. Sehun fell back with a thud as Heeyeon fell back with a scream. She held her arm and curled up in a fetal position. Luhan looked at Sehun blankly. The bullet had cleanly shot between his eyes. The rain pooled in the bullet wound as blood flooded out of it. His breathing slowed down and all the time they spent together quickly flashed in the mere second. "Sehun," he whispered. He fell to the ground from shock and looked around him, feeling his vision grow hazy. Then he heard the droning cries from Heeyeon. He got up then ran to her. He scooped her in his arms, "Where did he shoot you at?"

Heeyeon clenched her teeth and leaned her head on his chest, "He got my arm."

"Which one?" He gently turned her arm over and she hissed, "This one?"

She nodded and began to cry, "It hurts, Luhan."

He hugged her then kissed her on the forehead, "It's okay, it's just a blood wound; you'll be fine."

She shut her eyes, "I'm cold, Luhan. I want to go home and cuddle in our warm bed."

He hugged her closer to him and blocked the rain from her, "I know, baby. We'll be there, just wait."

He heard sirens from police cars and ambulances blared and doors slamming as the vehicles came to a stop. The stomping of feet echoed through the entrance. The crowd of police officers shouted and instructions to each other as they searched the area. 

"Are you alright, son?" The chief asked Luhan as the paramedics took Heeyeon away.

Luhan fell to the ground as the sounds around him were once again droning and faded away.


So yes, I used 112 instead of 911. I know it's different all over the world so I did my research. If it's incorrect, please do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks everyone for sticking with me throughout this story. It was short but boy did it take forever for me to update haha! So now we know that Sehun wasn't crazily obsessed with Luhan or hated Heeyeon because she was dating him; he was simply avenging his family. This ending wasn't even brilliant, I just called it that because I needed a title that didn't give it away haha