This is the End

The Obsessed

Luhan held the page in his hands as he heard the sound of hysterical sobbing coming down the apartment hallway. As the cries became more audible, his eyes widened.

Heeyeon

He hurriedly ran to the door and opened it, "Heeyeon, what's wrong?" She pushed him away and ran to the couch. She messily search for the remote control then the T.V.

"There was a very strong rotting smell that we just couldn't identify. At the dump, there's usually not such a pungent stench, but this time there was. We followed the smell and it came from the trunk of this car. We forced it open and found the young man in there."
 
Heeyeon crossed her legs and cried in her hands. Luhan shut the door and slowly walked to her. He sat down and looked at his sobbing girlfriend. He pulled her head into his chest and held her.
 
"That's Baekhyun!" She cried, "Baekhyun—," she hiccuped, "is—dead!"
 
Luhan hugged her tighter as his girlfriend gripped his shirt. He clenched his teeth to prevent himself from getting emotional as well, but couldn't help but feel her pain also. His heart grew heavy and his lips quivered but he pressed them together. "It's okay," he softly said, "It's okay, Heeyeon, don't cry. We can get through this."
 
Heeyon shook her head and continued crying, "Baekhyun was killed and," her sobs broke into syllables, "I'm so sorry Baekhyun!"
 
Luhan continued to comfort her with his arm and patting her head gently. He rocked her in his arms and tears also from his eyes, "It's okay, baby. Don't cry. Everything will be fine, now. It's okay."
 
 
 
As if Luhan wasn't stressed from his final enough, the grief of his professor and the emotional instability of Heeyeon were severely dragging him down. Studying was tough because every note taken reminded him of his professor and the fun side notes that he would made so his students would be able to remember the different terminologies. The fact that the final was in a few hours also made him more stressed. Everything was so overwhelming and he just didn't know how to handle them.

It was the day of Baekhyun's funeral. The cafe was closed in memory of his death so the workers could go and pay their respects. Heeyeon obviously left however Luhan stayed since he had his Politics finals later on that day and needed all the studying he could get. As always, Sehun came on the wrong time. He was on the futon shooting hoops in the mini basketball hoop attached on the wall. 

He slammed his hands on the table. Sehun looked at him then scoffed, "Anger issues," he shot the basketball in but missed, "See, look what you made me do."
 
Luhan glared at his friend, "Shut up, I need a break." He stood up and walked to the fridge to grab a water bottle. 
 
Something's not right. Sehun tucked the small ball in his hands and inspected the area. The house was unusually quiet and there wasn't a trace of Heeyeon's annoyingly fruity and honeyed voice anywhere. "Yah, hyung." He turned his head to Luhan, "Where's your girlfriend?" He tossed the ball in the air, "She's usually home bugging you or something."
 
Luhan caught the ball before the other could, "She doesn't bug me," he shot the ball in the hoop, "She went to her friend's funeral."
 
"Oh..." Sehun grabbed the ball, "I just thought she would be seeing other guys again." He said lowly with a cocked head.
 
Luhan choked on his water. He felt his blood start to boil and his stress level increase. He took the mini ball from him, "What did you say?"
 
Sehun mockingly chuckled, "I see someone's in an uncommunicative relationship." He took Luhan's water bottle and drank it, "That's never good." He said, not helping the situation.
 
Luhan snatched the water bottle from him, "Sehun, are you sure it’s her?"
 
The younger nodded while sitting back casually and throwing the mini ball in the air then catching it. "She was with two guys are two different occasions. The first time, she was wearing your sweaterI remember because it’s the same sweater that she was wearing when she and I were hanging out. And the other dude," he stopped, "I got a clear view of her." He dug his fingers in his pants pocket then pulled out his phone. 
 
While he did so, Luhan felt the stress and anxiety go away. Instead he was pissed off. With an upset face he turned to the young man, "I’m going to ask you again, are you sure it’s her?"
 
Sehun laughed as he found the photo, "Do you really think I’d lie about this, hyung?" He showed him the picture of her, "How can I be lying when I have proof right here?"
 
The kid wasn't lying; she was really with two different guys. The first picture, she was giving the man a massage with his hands on hers. His face was very relax and very ually satisfied. Luhan swiped his finger to go to the next photo and saw her hugging a taller man intimately.
 
"Sehun-ah, can you send that to me?"
 
 
Heeyeon was in absolutely no mood to cook, so she ordered Chinese takeout. Her whole head was throbbing from crying and her body was exhausted from the intense sobbing. She stabbed at her food, not even wanting to eat but knew she had to. She knew that if Baekhyun were still here, she'd be getting an earful from him about how "starving is not y" and how "skin and bones are as attractive as a corpse." Her vision grew blurring from the tears that were threatening to come out. She blinked them away and forced herself to take a bite of the cheap takeout.
 
Meanwhile Luhan continued to look at her. For all he knew, she could've lied that she went to her beloved friend's funeral but actually went to her lovers' house. He slammed his chopsticks on his plate. Seeing that it didn't catch her attention, Luhan scoffed. "Heeyeon," he called. She hummed back as a response. "Are you cheating on me?" He finally asked.
 
She sighed as her hands massaged her pounding temple, "Why are you asking me this, Luhan?" She looked at him with tired eyes, "I’ve had a long day," she picked her her chopsticks and continued to force the food down, "I’m too tired for this."
 
He stood up, completely enraged, "You’re stalling so you are cheating on me!"
 
"Luhan, are you crazy?"
 
He scoffed, "You think I’m crazy?" He threw his phone at her, "Well can you explain this?" *up to her and shows her pictures that Sehun sent him*
 
Heeyeon looked at the phone and her eyes widened, seeing that it was a picture of her and Baekhyun. She covered , "Oh my gosh" She continued to swipe her finger seeing that there were more. Her eyes began to tear up as she continued looking at them. The next photos were of her and Chanyeol, when he noticed that Baekhyun was missing. She couldn't look at the photos anymore. She put the phone and and pushed it away from her with the plate of food. "Where did you get these?"
 
"Sehun showed me it today." Luhan held a bitter face, "How long have you been so—"
 
"Luhan!" She shouted from across the table, not being able to take the bull anymore. She stood up and picked up the phone, "That’s Baekhyun!" She roughly threw the phone at him, "My dead co-worker!" She emphasized. From that moment, Luhan was speechless and didn't know how to respond. "That was taken a few nights before he died, the day when I went on that friendly date with Sehun. That day was awfully busy and he was exhausted so I gave him a little massage. And that other man is Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s boyfriend." She clarified for him.
 
"But Sehun told me—"
 
Heeyeon sighed with an absurd chuckle, "Sehun, Sehun, Se-ing-Hun! Dammit Luhan, I am so tired of hearing his damn name!"
 
He snapped, "Hey, that's my best friend you are talking about!"
 
"The same best friend that's trying to break us apart!"
 
"What are you..."
 
"Luhan!" She shouted, finally growing tired of his obvious ways. "Sehun is practically in love with you! Ever since we've been going out he hasn't been doing anything but tormenting me!" She sat down in her seat and began crying in frustration.
 
His eyes widened. He ran to her and hugged her, "I-I'm so sorry Heeyeon-ah. I...I didn't know"
 
She grit her teeth, "I’m so tired of all this bull. Everything is ed up, Luhan! First Sehun ing hates me, your professor’s murder, then Baekhyun is found killed at a dump, Sehun ing despises me, and now you’re accusing me of cheating on you!"
 
His hug tightened, "I’m sorry baby, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know all of this."
 
She continued to cry in his arms, "I’m so tired of all of this, Lu. I am so tired of him tormenting me every waking second of my life. I really hate it, Lu, I really do."
 
He continued to shush her, "You won’t have to suffer anymore, I promise."
 
 
"Someone's finally out of their study box," Sehun joked as he entered the cafe. He sat down, "So what's up?" Luahn's face continued to remain emotionless. "Obviously not your face," he frowned, "What's wrong?"
 
"Sehun we can't be friends anymore."
 
Sehun awkwardly chuckled, "I know I was a little bit late but...I didn't think you'd be this pissed."
 
The older man shook his head, "Heeyeon told me everything last night, how you always bullied and tormented her and honestly I was disgusted by it. As a friend I thought you'd finally push past your differences with her and get along with her for my sake but obviously you abused the hope I had in you." He stood up, "Goodbye Sehun, I ordered you a chocolate bubble tea so you can have at it."
 
"I was always so disgusted by the taste of that ."
 
Luhan's eyes widened, hearing his unusually dark and penetrating voice. Never has he ever heard Sehun use that tone of voice or such speech. He looked at Sehun and saw how he took off his snapback and ruffled his rainbow hair. The younger man held a malicious look on his face.
 
"Bubble tea?" He scoffed, "Most disgusting I've even allowed my ing taste buds to explore." He stood up, "Well at least that means I don't need to BS on soccer anymore, you were always a ty player." He pat Luhan on his shoulder, "This whole time I was just wanting to fluff your ego, but now it seems like I don't need to be doing that anymore now do I?" He chuckled, "But then again, it's not like we were ever gonna play again anyway. I mean you're so busy ing around with Heeyeon anyway, it's cool." He walked but stopped, "Oh and the whole bull promise thing about being brothers and blah blah blah," his lips curled into a half smile, "That ended a long time ago, you just never realized it." He walked away, "Goodbye, Luhan sunbaenim!" He shouted, not looking at the man.
 
Luhan was dumbfounded. He had come there with the intention to hurt Sehun about the news, but instead he was the one feeing wounded. All the unsaid anguish that Sehun had covered so perfectly over the years came rushing all in one, leaving the older man with a more high impact pain. He sat down and looked at Sehun's walking body. This was just a win-win situation then, wasn't it?

 
Sehun still had that smile on his face. He couldn't believe it. He laughed out loud, his hot breath fogging in the air, "She's done it, she's literally taken everything I've had in my life." Sehun got in his car and felt the anger in him build up. He looked at his shaky hands. His breath grew more and more erratic as he felt his heart accelerate. He looked at himself in the rearview mirror, "Guess that just means it'll be easier now that I've got nothing to lose." He rakes his hands in his stupid rainbow hair, "Time to dye this ugly back to human color." He started his car and drove away from the horrendous place.

Well didn't that escalate quickly? I really don't know what to say...